BermudaJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

3 star frustration

[Post New]by BermudaJ on Dec 19, 13 9:11 AM
I hate it that every 3 star item requires coins to buy and not money. I only have 5 stars and don't want to waste them on one item. I don't want to buy coins and spend money on a free to play game. So I guess my house will eventually be lacking in furniture!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:3 star frustration

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 19, 13 1:40 PM
Hello BermudaJ,

There are some quests that help you earn gold coins. If used sparingly, I think you'll be able to get some really nice three star items!

bfgDeveron

BermudaJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by BermudaJ on Dec 20, 13 6:11 AM
There don't seem to be that many quests that give you gold coins. Maybe for each quest, a gold coin should be awarded.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 2, 14 2:16 AM
BermudaJ wrote:There don't seem to be that many quests that give you gold coins. Maybe for each quest, a gold coin should be awarded.

That's a really good idea. Some of the tasks are really expensive (in-game) and quite time-consuming.

As mentioned in other threads, a lot of people are having trouble taking pictures and sharing them, and inviting friends since the game insists they don't have email clients when they really do. This is a serious flaw in the game, as surely a player should be able to use whatever email service they want to.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Jan 4, 14 1:08 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello BermudaJ,

There are some quests that help you earn gold coins. If used sparingly, I think you'll be able to get some really nice three star items!

bfgDeveron

Yes but when you buy items that are supposed to reward you with gold coins, you don't get them. I don't know how to get more gold coins other than spending money for them, which is something I refuse to do in a "Free to Play" game. All my tasks now require a 3 star item. All 3 star items require using gold coins. I only have 4 coins and that is all I have had for the last week.

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Jan 4, 14 9:34 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello BermudaJ,

bfgDeveron

If by "if used sparingly" you mean "don't spend on anything unless it's for a quest that demands a 3-star item and then buy the cheapest available regardless of if it fits the room/décor or you've already got five other copies of" then yes. It's possible to get through the most of the first house without having to buy gold coins.

But if you want something that actually looks good or have a little variety or something that will fit with the similar two-star items you've already got in that room or you accidentally click the wrong thing... then you're kinda out of luck being able to progress without having to buy gold coins. And with as many bugs and irritations that's in this game, a lot of us aren't interested in paying real money on a game that's not going to give us much (if anything) back.

[Post New]by unicorn5578 on Jan 21, 14 7:24 PM
It seems to me that the creators of this game needs to consider changing some parts of the game to help those who play the game and can not afford to buy gold coins. Maybe award players with gold coins simply for playing the game every day. I am very frustrated when I see a task for 3 stars and I only have 1 gold coins for several days and have to wait.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 22, 14 12:01 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for posting your feedback here about the gold coins. I will certainly forward your thoughts and ideas along to the team.

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

BermudaJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by BermudaJ on Jan 23, 14 8:22 PM
I also want to add that it is hard to get 3 star items unless you have gold coins. There is not one item that you can get that is a 3 star item that does not require using gold coins. If I only get a gold coin once in a long while, then I will not be able to do most of the tasks that are required for a very long time. I just seem to keep collected money bags.

drakharis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by drakharis on Jan 28, 14 2:23 PM
The three star object is an optional quest.

debgerard
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by debgerard on Apr 26, 14 8:37 PM
I to am having problems getting 3 star item I guess I can try buying smaller items worth 1 coins when they finally get in house maybe that will help me get the 3 coins I need...
also it says in bedroom to add a vanity (sink)? well I added a sink but no credit so I guess I put it in storage for a bathroom...
any tips on that part????

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 26, 14 9:30 PM
A "vanity" is a dresser that has a mirror. It's the kind you sit in front of and put on makeup, do your hair, etc.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 27, 14 8:45 AM
The gold coin thing is a big annoyance, since the most desirable items are 3-star items, and require at minimum, 5 gold coins.

My strategy has changed in this game. I now play a short-term game and a long-term one.

The short-term game:
In the short term game, I try to get through the required quests as quickly as possible, spending the least amount of money, with no regard for appearance and placement. If it calls for a floor, I put in the cheapest one I can. Same with wallpaper. If it wants a 2-star decor I use a 2-star plant (usually the tulips). Points are instantly credited for plants. I go for the low-end tables and lamps that credit quickly. cheapest cabinets, bath fixtures, pictures, etc. When it asks for a rug, i choose the 1x2 beige rug.

EACH room ends with a gold coin task. it will be an upgrade using a 2-star item that will earn a coin. After that, the room gets an optional task that requires a gold coin. In the short-term game, I ignore those entirely. The object of the short-term game is to get the gold coin for that room. Period.

Each home starts out with 3 free gold coins. Each room earns a gold coin. The smallest house will, therefore, earn you a total of 9 gold coins. DO NOT SPEND THEM ON ANYTHING AT ALL in the short-term game. If you save ALL gold coins, and build one of each style of home, by the time you complete the short-term phase of all the homes, you will have accumulated a minimum total of 68 gold coins.

I do not buy a new house until I've earned all the possible gold coins from the house I am working on, and my combined cash assets are twice the cost of the new house. That ensures that I will still have plenty of money for buying furnishings in any of the homes. (When you buy a new house, each house contributes proportionately to the price of the new house, regardless of what stage of development the old house is at.)

SEE MY NEXT POST IN THIS THREAD FOR
The Long-Term Game

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 27, 14 8:56 AM
(continued from previous post)

The long-term game:
ONLY after the house has earned all its possible gold coins do I begin to decorate the way i really want. Then, I go room-by-room buying new stuff. I put all the unwanted stuff into the last room I intend to decorate, because that way, it can continue to earn money for the house. (Items in storage do not add to house value, and once taken out of the house, deplete the value.) I DO use storage to move items from one house to another, as I will describe later.

I start by buying all the non-gold coin items I really want, placing them where I want.
If i want a 3-star item, I initially only buy one per room, to gather the bonus points for the 3-star task for that room. (One of the goals of the long-term game is to fulfil all the remaining tasks.) If I want more than one 3-star item in a room, i buy one item, only--preferably one that actually "belongs" on that room, and no other. (Bed in bedroom, sink in bathroom, etc. Not lamps, plants, tables, chairs or accessories.)

When I get to the last room, where I've stored everything I don't want, I put those items into storage, and buy my gold-coin item for that room. Then I go back and continue to fill in with more gold-coin items as I wish, bearing in mind that until build another home and complete more gold coin earning tasks, I will not have more coins for the other homes.

If I have a home that is still not earning much money, I store as many unwanted items as possible in that home, instead of in storage, so the lower-value home can earn more value more quickly.

If you have a room where you do not want a 3-star item, but you need one for another room, buy the item you want, but put it in the room that needs the task, instead of the room where you already have a 3-star item. Once it is delivered, you get the credit, and then move the item to the proper room.

The idea is not to think of this as a real home where you must decorate in a certain way--but to play the short-term game for points and coins, and then change it up when you have more assets.

Obviously, the more homes you have, the more you have to play with--as long as you don't fixate on having each one look the way you want it to in the short-term.

Essentially, in the short-term game, you play the role of slum-lord, building crap to earn as much as you can, so that, in the long-term game, you will have the assets to do what you really want..

Edited on 04/27/2014 at 8:57:29 AM PST

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 27, 14 9:02 AM
When to sell:
Only sell items when you know you do not want them anywhere else, and when you do not need them to build equity in another home. When in doubt, store the items in your least-valued home, to help it build equity. When you are earning enough "rent" in all homes that you do not need the discards, place them in the home where you need the most ready cash, and sell them from there.

NOTE: While gold coins are pooled for all homes, cash is not, and stays with the home where it is placed or sold. Items in storage earn no money for any home, and do not count in equity for any home.

Go to: