plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

UNACHIEVABLE ACHIEVEMENTS

[Post New]by plushmoon on Dec 19, 13 10:07 AM
Just finished playing this game and it was wonderful, one of the best games in a long long time (I also love MCF and Dana Knightstone)! However, I am here to gripe about some of the achievements:

- Gold crown in HOS: did not achieve it as I have no idea what it is. Would have been nice to have some inkling as to how to go about it.

- HOS in 30'' without hints: NOT possible - the proper long scenes are double or triple, which means they can't humanly be done in half a minute, while I am sure that I scored under 30" without hints in the brief scenes many times, but never got the achievement.

- HOS in 10 minutes: tried 3 times, bored myself stiff, never got the achievement - why?

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 10:26:08 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:UNACHIEVABLE ACHIEVEMENTS

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 19, 13 10:20 AM
You can go to the "extras" menu and replay HOS. I got all of these achievements that way.

In this menu, each scene will show a crown on it (bronze, silver, gold), and show you your time and accuracy.

For the shorter than thirty seconds one, you might have to play the scene a few times to be able to remember where everything is, but it is doable.

For the one that's longer than ten minutes, I honestly just left the game running on one HOS and went and did something else for ten minutes, then came back and finished the scene. It showed a time of 10 mins. 29 secs. and I got it.

Hope that helps!

plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by plushmoon on Dec 19, 13 10:27 AM
Thank you for the reply, although I also did what you did for the 10-minute thing 3 times and it never worked. I will try the HOS from the Extras menu.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 20, 13 7:56 PM
The easiest one for the 30 second time is the janitor cart.

Go to: