heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

help on sliding gems puzzle

[Post New]by heron on Mar 14, 09 11:04 AM
this may be the last puzzle in game-- I'll never know !After 4 hours of trying when I do line up 4 gems of the same color they don't explode-- just keep moving along. Is there a trick to this or am I doomed to never knowing end of game

Edited on 03/15/2009 at 8:14:32 PM PST

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:help on sliding gems puzzel

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Mar 14, 09 11:32 AM
I cant help you. I tried it also for hours, at last my friend helped me...

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 11:45 AM
The trick is in being fast and predicting the computer. If you get them lined up in the very first second they'll explode for you, any later and they won't. Be prepared for several tries on this one. Good luck, and it can be done.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Mar 14, 09 2:31 PM
I'm not fast enough for this puzzle....at one point I was doing fairly well, then the screen froze. I couldn't do anything but manually turn my computer off and hope I wouldn't have to start the game over from the start. I was in luck and it started again where I had left off. This is the only part in the game so far, where I have had any problems. Hopefully I'll get this puzzle, if not, I'll delete and try another one.......too bad we can't skip a puzzle.

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Mar 14, 09 2:52 PM
This one is a hard one! Took me several tries, but FINALLY it was over!

Eventually, I noticed that the very bottom line of stationary gems had a purpose. (One of my duh! moments). That definitely helped, but still it was with luck and a little skill that I ever finished.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 14, 09 3:08 PM
I got through this by just matching up the third row to the last row and let the top 2 rows automtically match which they do eventually.

I worked from right to left, match, wait then move to the next one and repeat.

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Mar 14, 09 4:40 PM
Good advice! That's how I solved it also (the skill factor aforementioned). Nice explanation.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Mar 14, 09 5:35 PM
If I had seen this puzzle in the test period I would not have bought the game. I understand that the bottom 2 have to match and the others will follow but do not want to spend my time waiting for the matches to happen in the alloted time.
Otherwise the puzzles were "doable", the artwork great, (the animation not so great), the story fine.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Mar 14, 09 8:37 PM
I finally got it and finished the game. What you have to do is line your row, the third row, with the bottom row......in other words, what ever color the first gem is in bottom row, has to be the same color as the first gem in the third row. Then let the top 2 rows automatically line up on their own. When those first gems are all the same color and fall away, move your next gem on the third row to match the next one on the bottom, and just keep repeating this. New gems will repeatedly be placed where others fell away, but eventually you will win. Just be patient.
If you notice, sometimes you will have 3 colors lined up but they will not fall away, this is because the gem on the bottom row was a different color, only when all 4 rows have the same color will they fall away. That's why I say if you will concentrate on your row, and the bottom row and be sure the gems match, then the top rows will do their thing on their own.

jrbrett1
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by jrbrett1 on Mar 15, 09 7:49 AM
You just have to keep working on it.The glitch I encountered was a couple of times it would go back to main screen scene,and I had to click on the circle on top to get back to game.It did however take back to where I was.It's tedious but you just gotta keep working it.

elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by elsie15 on Mar 15, 09 8:07 AM
Oh I am getting really frustrated with this puzzle. I have been trying to complete the sliding gems on and off for about 3hours. Hopefully your advice will help and I can finish the game. Otherwise I have really enjoyed Annabel and the graphics are brilliant.

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:help on sliding gems puzzle

[Post New]by heron on Mar 15, 09 2:58 PM
Thanks to all for your good advice! Finished game this afternoon. Advice for those still stuck -- keep on trying you will suceed!

Edited on 03/15/2009 at 8:12:20 PM PST

cameranut
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cameranut on Mar 16, 09 9:18 AM
Just finished this game, you have very little control on this last puzzle "sliding gems". just line up two gems on the 3 & 4 row, when the 1 &2 rows line they will explode, then line up 3 &4 again. Do this until you win. took me maybe 15 min.

[Post New]by defloweredrose on Mar 22, 09 8:09 AM
Thank you clownfish, I was beginning to think that I would never get this puzzle, once I followed your instruction it finally worked. Your the best!

[Post New]by defloweredrose on Mar 22, 09 8:10 AM
defloweredrose wrote:Thank you Highlandmax, I was beginning to think that I would never get this puzzle, once I followed your instruction it finally worked. Your the best!

jhlipton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jhlipton on May 30, 09 11:07 PM
HighlandMax wrote:I finally got it and finished the game. What you have to do is line your row, the third row, with the bottom row......in other words, what ever color the first gem is in bottom row, has to be the same color as the first gem in the third row. Then let the top 2 rows automatically line up on their own. When those first gems are all the same color and fall away, move your next gem on the third row to match the next one on the bottom, and just keep repeating this. New gems will repeatedly be placed where others fell away, but eventually you will win. Just be patient.

It took three tries, but I finally got this to work -- thanks. If I hadn't seen this tip, I was going to delete the game in disgust. After coming so far, the last game shouldn't depend on timing.

Grrrr!

[Post New]by paninyoka on Jul 8, 09 2:54 PM
Is there a way to skip over this puzzle I hate it!!!!! I may delete this Annabel and ask for a refund.

Go to: