bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 20, 13 12:29 AM
Madame Fate returns… from the dead! This is Fate’s Carnival as you’ve never seen it before, with old acts like Amazing Larry and Marlena Mermaid in the most harrowing predicaments! Can you stop fate before it’s too late? Or will the creepy carnival curse stop you?

See what our Beta testers had to say:

"Brilliant! A sequel to Madame Fate - That's really all I have to say." - Christine, MCF Beta Tester

"Thank you so much for returning to the roots of the franchise." - Joel, MCF Beta Tester

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Dec 24, 13 4:58 PM
I honestly can't decide whether to buy this or not. I really enjoyed the trial, but something about it is just making me hesitate.

[Post New]by erinpiper on Jan 2, 14 2:32 PM
hope you trusted your intuition - I didn't, bought the game and don't like it at all - too much coming and going - clues that make no sense - none of the fun of the previous games - rarely finish the puzzles because they just don't seem to work. Will be writing a full review.

Lady8star
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Lady8star on Jan 2, 14 8:52 PM
bought game and not happy at all. I agree just too much running around. Only a couple of times could I figure out where to go on my own. I play casual. And I want casual. I don't like the time consuming puzzles that make no sense.

[Post New]by lilmisskatiejo on Jan 5, 14 7:34 AM
I have to agree, I am not liking this game at all!! Nothing makes sense, at least with the other Mystery Case Files you have a great story and ALL of the clues make sense. The puzzles are baffling, I have NO CLUE how someone is suppose to figure this our without the help button or the guide....Wish I could get a refund on this...should of got the trial first. Very disappointing!

patschatz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by patschatz on Oct 13, 14 8:30 PM
Didn't enjoy the game at all. Barely held my interest. Wish I hadn't bought it. Too much back and forth.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Dec 2, 14 3:37 PM
Oh well I'm really enjoying this, there is a lot of running to and fro I agree (although the transporter map helps).

But it is a real challenge and is certainly a long game

I enjoy meeting the characters from Madame Fate again and trying to rescue them. I have been using the map quite a lot (as it shows active areas) and also the hints

I started writing a list of what I needed to do where, after the caravan scene and second section of the game began. Even so I am having to use the hints quite often.

I'm even enjoying the long puzzles, and click away for ages trying to work out what to do, only using the hints when I am completely stuck. The hints are much better than in the original Ravenhearst.

The fairground theme is a bit creepy at times, but I don't find it scary as such, and I prefer it to the grunge of Escape from Ravenhearst......grungy bathrooms and old-fashioned hospital scenes really really make me feel queasy.

jolarti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jolarti on Mar 11, 15 9:10 PM
Hm...... I'm still in doubt.
I don't like carnivals as a theme, so perhaps not.
Still, need to read more reviews...

Go to: