orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 20, 13 12:41 AM
should you encounter any technical problems, kindly post them here in this thread.

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 10:54:24 AM PST

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 20, 13 7:10 AM
The game won't play (although the demo worked fine) because it keeps asking for my security key. I've turned off my firewall, and the game still won't play without this stupid key!!!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 20, 13 7:36 AM
dear tezaber

sorry this is happening to you!!

try to reinstall the game.

you should NEVER be required to provide a security key!!

also check the Help Pages .

will get back to you when find additional information!!

please let me know if this successful.

ETA:

if you look up at very top, at far right, beside community - it says HELP. press that to go directly to help pages.

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 8:21:53 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 20, 13 9:21 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread orphaned.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 20, 13 10:59 AM
Hi tezaber,

I'm sorry to hear about that!

A message asking for a security key usually comes up when a change has been made to the computer and the Big Fish Games app cannot find the game files. This is can be easily fixed!

Just contact our Tech Support Team with the following information from the Security Key error message, and we can generate a key.

1. The Hardware Fingerprint (It's located right above 'Name' in the box)
2. Anything that's listed in the 'Name' field
3. Game Titles this is occurring on

Here's a great help articles if you need assistance. Just click on the blue text below:

Security Key Error

I hope this helps and Happy Holidays!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by slime7 on Dec 20, 13 11:13 AM
My game keeps freezing @ the roller coaster bomb scene. I have reinstalled twice any new options

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 20, 13 3:42 PM
slime7 wrote:My game keeps freezing @ the roller coaster bomb scene. I have reinstalled twice any new options
Hi slime7! Welcome to the forum!! Unfortunately, this is a glitch in the CE game that they apparently didn't fix before releasing the SE.

Copy and paste this URL to get to a thread in the CE forum that has some solutions for getting past this puzzle:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/263094.page

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 20, 13 3:47 PM
hi there slime7:

welcome to the forum!! your first post!!

sorry you are getting such a cold reception from silly thing freezing!!!

if you are reading this - then look up to bfgWendwater's post as is good information in there that should help. check in the Help Pages - just click on the words and it will take you directly to the site. is a great source for info and help!!

good luck!!

ETA:

but do as WilJul says first!!! ]

as I encountered no problems was not aware of a pre-existing glitch.

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 3:55:17 PM PST

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Dec 25, 13 7:02 AM
Hi,

I am at the fishing puzzle in the door (by the woman stuck in the tank).
I have been able to complete everything except when I move the arrow to fill the other side with water, the valve won’t move. I have moved the octopus so I can grab the key, the chest is open, and I have harpooned the shark on the left side. Maybe a glitch? I did notice I had to repeatedly click on the anchors to move them.

I am playing on a Mac.

Edited on 12/27/2013 at 6:54:33 AM PST

[Post New]by Sorcha_Payne on Dec 25, 13 9:31 PM
Hi
I am stuck on the third pin puzzle of the bonus game (at Madame fates's soul).

I have gotten the three pearls and put them on the rune cup. The puzzle hint says to select the cup to throw the runes (like the first two puzzles) but when I touch the cup it just shakes and nothing comes out.

Is there something else I should do or is this a bug? It is such a great game!!

(iPad 2 iOS7)

safetykim
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by safetykim on Dec 26, 13 12:14 AM
I am stuck on the Black Diary page 19 - the puzzle where you move the ship around based on the directions. I was having some trouble figuring out the puzzle, closed the diary to do some other stuff, and now when I open the diary the ship is stuck in the same spot and won't move.

[Post New]by mike637 on Dec 26, 13 12:05 PM
Mike637

Can load the game but cannot activate it. Keep getting error code 806400. Tried everything the help page said to do to no avail. Any ideas out there

Debra_Jean
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debra_Jean on Dec 26, 13 10:06 PM
Problem with constellation over tomb in bonus game.

On Page 94 of the Strategy Guide, there is a constellation. i am having a problem with the leftmost 2 lines not registering as lit or unlit; they show up, but you can't delete the line when you click on each link for the left and right points on each side, so i am not able to get the slide.

Because I had company earlier today, I stopped playing for awhile, and I didn't know if it had saved the PREVIOUS constellation I had entered over the tomb. I put it in (looks like a W), and the sides opened as if that was the correct solution, but the compartment was empty because I had already solved that constellation. When I went back to put in the Page 94 constellation, the compartment was still open (revealing the rock in the background), but the star points were there in the background. I was able to enter the solution of the constellation, but nothing happened when I got the correct solution. I restarted the game, but although the compartment was now closed (all purple in the background), the leftmost 2 segments of the constellation were still lit up, and they would not unlight when the points on each side were clicked. Now, although I am entering the constellation correctly, nothing is happening. I guess it is a glitch of some type.

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Dec 27, 13 5:49 AM
I cannot get the safe code to reset from an incorrect code so I can put in the correct code. Is there a reset button somewhere?

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Dec 27, 13 6:00 AM
Never mind - it only took me admitting that I couldn't find things to actually find them!!!

[Post New]by Dee60X on Dec 27, 13 9:58 AM
In the bonus game. The lighter for the lantern is frozen.i have ipad.

Edited on 12/27/2013 at 10:16:02 AM PST

Debra_Jean
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debra_Jean on Dec 27, 13 7:31 PM
RE: My post above on 12/26...I am using PC, and a fairly new one at that.

Update: I started playing again, and even though there were lines for the constellation that wouldn't erase, and sometimes segments disappeared when clicking other points, but I finally got the constellation. Now I am at the final puzzle, and THERE IS NO HELP IN THE STRATEGY GUIDE FOR THE MASK sliding squares in the upper-left-hand corner. I am horrible at those things...will have to skip a puzzle, I guess...first time.

Edited on 12/27/2013 at 8:48:01 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 8:39 PM
eskimo1203 wrote:Hi,

I am at the fishing puzzle in the door (by the woman stuck in the tank).
I have been able to complete everything except when I move the arrow to fill the other side with water, the valve won’t move. I have moved the octopus so I can grab the key, the chest is open, and I have harpooned the shark on the left side. Maybe a glitch? I did notice I had to repeatedly click on the anchors to move them.

I am playing on a Mac.
eskimo1203, did you enter the numerical code next to the left hand water tank?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 8:43 PM
Sorcha_Payne wrote:Hi
I am stuck on the third pin puzzle of the bonus game (at Madame fates's soul).

I have gotten the three pearls and put them on the rune cup. The puzzle hint says to select the cup to throw the runes (like the first two puzzles) but when I touch the cup it just shakes and nothing comes out.

Is there something else I should do or is this a bug? It is such a great game!!

(iPad 2 iOS7)
Sorcha_Payne, occasionally this game gets stuck at weird places. Things to try include exiting your game and then coming back in to see if it has been unstuck. If not, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling, you shouldn't lose your game progress. If nothing helps you could start all over under a different profile, but if that seems like too much of a pain, you might want to get in touch with tech support directly.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 8:47 PM
safetykim wrote:I am stuck on the Black Diary page 19 - the puzzle where you move the ship around based on the directions. I was having some trouble figuring out the puzzle, closed the diary to do some other stuff, and now when I open the diary the ship is stuck in the same spot and won't move.
safetykim, apparently this is another glitch left over from the CE version that wasn't repaired before releasing the SE. Unfortunately, there is no good work around except to play the game over under another player name (this happened to me as well). The good-ish news is that you don't need to complete the black book puzzles to progress in the game so you could just keep going and leave that puzzle unfinished. Several posters in the CE forum said they never did any of the black book puzzles and were able to complete their game. It might be helpful, though, whichever you choose to do, if you could notify tech support of the issue, maybe if they get enough complaints they'll finally fix the darn thing!

Go to: