Anukis36
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Money-grubbing

[Post New]by Anukis36 on Dec 20, 13 4:03 AM
Too obvious money-grubbing by padding everything would have liked the game otherwise, always loved the series.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Money-grubbing

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 20, 13 4:48 AM
Hi, Anukis

You have to play the Free to Play games with a whole different mindset. You're not going to get hours of play at a time if you want to play for free. Just play in the morning until you run out of energy, you can usually play for around 20 minutes to half an hour, put it away for the rest of the day, and come back in the evening when your energy has built back up again and play for another half hour. Just look at it as a pleasant little time filler when you don't feel like getting involved in a complicated storyline. Maybe play with your morning cup of coffee and after you do the supper dishes. I never pay money to play these games.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 20, 13 3:56 PM
Hi there,

That's a great way to put it shagwendy! I couldn't have phrased it better myself

Free-to-play games allow you to play the entire game at no cost. There are usually in-game purchases that are completely optional and usually exists to speed up gameplay and buy additional items but this is not required.

If you would like more information, just click the blue text below:

Free to Play Games

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 3:57:46 PM PST

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 20, 13 5:46 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hi there,

That's a great way to put it shagwendy! I couldn't have phrased it better myself

Free-to-play games allow you to play the entire game at no cost. There are usually in-game purchases that are completely optional and usually exists to speed up gameplay and buy additional items but this is not required.

If you would like more information, just click the blue text below:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2100/kw/free-to-play">Free to Play Games </a>

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgWendwater

True, but if you have played a lot of f2p games, you would be able to see that this is designed arround making it frustrating to play if you don't pay. Which may work on ppl that don't usually play these. But those kind of games usually lose customers and decline fast.

As a f2p game this is (imo) poorly designed, however it's still a step up from American Dreaming, so I haven't completely given up on them yet.

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 5:48:50 PM PST

[Post New]by ironica on Dec 20, 13 7:42 PM
I'm with you on the money grubbing. Same prob with My Singing Monsters...they up-graded the costs there too. Made me really mad, and disappointed with the whole site. I was into them for 80.00 dollars before I got it. Now I will just take the time, and not care as much.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 13 2:17 AM
Harsh words are flying about...

Shaggywaggy said it all. You are not forced to pay real money for the in-game items. However, a lot of gamers are impatient (and that's what the devs are banking on), they want it all and want it now. So instead of starting slowly and gaining speed with every day they play, they want to go up to 100mph instantly.

I am NOT one of the people who usually don't play these games. I do play them - not all of them, some are just too silly for me - but I play them. But I have learned to be patient, and there is the difference...

And you want to talk about poorly designed games, talk about repetitive, boring and mind-numbingly tedious quests? I have one word: FOUND.

I love this game. This is my favourite FREE game, and "Antique Road Trip" comes right after. Lots of things to do, lots of things to see, great graphics, great characters. Thanks a bunch BoomZap. Yours are the best FREE games I have played so far.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Dec 21, 13 5:35 AM
I'm also with shagwendy. This is a VERY fun game, and I check in a few times a day after my energy has been restored. Farm Up is another fun F2P. I've never spent a dime on either one, and have had hours of fun.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 21, 13 7:29 AM
Farm-UP (which is the only other F2P game I know, like and love to play) is much harder to play without buying gold coins! In this one I've been using my in-game money to buy olives/sandwiches all the time & sometimes 6 diamonds for the cheese fondue...
As a matter of fact, I've spent way too much money on Farm-Up (which I love and could just play for hours at a time) & I see nothing wrong in putting in even a little money in a game I like this much, such as this - people did work very hard to create it - I'm just not sure what to do with diamonds at this point where most of the food (which obviously will give great benefits at some future point of the game) is still locked. So what? I do not need to rush building. I can purchase collectables with them, ok.

So if I will spend some money on this (which I don's see as such a terrible thing, given the fact I really enjoy playing it) it will only be later on more advanced levels. And I'm already on level 23, without a single purchase (great bonuses from trophies as well) so, no, this game is not a gold digger.

One thing does bother me about this one - in Farm-UP, golden coins stay even if you start another game, so no worry about purchases. Here, you'll lose everything. I have no idea until which level this game goes but I'm guessing... high? Like around 2-3 areas in the kingdom are still cloudy and about 4-5 HOG scenes' areas still locked...
(thinking out loud here lol)

jigsnwigs
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by jigsnwigs on Dec 21, 13 11:48 AM
I'm with you, Shagwendy. It's a game. I only have 20 minutes or so to spend on it at any one time. I find it a fun break between chores.

Re other games mentioned:
Antique Road Trip - I have removed this game in favor of BoomZap's Awakening Kingdoms.
Found - This is my alternate time-waster. But, I'm getting tired of it because all my quests are impossibly long. They are each waiting for multiple sets of keys, ebony desks, etc. So, I agree with the statement about it being repetitive. The daily quests are repetitive.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 21, 13 1:41 PM
I accidentally just wrote this message, sorry.
I do stand behind my previous message and hey, some of us are so bored and lazy we got all day to play. Some of us may even be the queen of England. Cheers!

Edited on 12/21/2013 at 1:46:35 PM PST

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 24, 13 6:45 PM
I try to play this one early in the morning and again in the evening that way I can get more out of it. I enjoy it however I never put money into the ftp games to e they are not mine to keep forever so I see no sense at all in putting cash in it. Maybe if they paid us to play lol. Let us cash in 1000 gems or something lol.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Dec 25, 13 1:48 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hi there,

bfgWendwater

Only one problem.. you are forcing them to use facebook. You cannot go past level 5 unless you "add friends".

I refuse to go back to facebook just to play this game.

Remember folks, you get what you pay for.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Dec 25, 13 1:57 PM
You don't add friends through facebook. They are added through the game. You can also delete your friends from the game, so it would be possible to add for the goal then delete them right after.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Dec 27, 13 10:09 AM
meinaz wrote:You don't add friends through facebook. They are added through the game. You can also delete your friends from the game, so it would be possible to add for the goal then delete them right after.

This is true. I play quite a few of these F2P games and I have never logged in thru Facebook on any of them. I log in thru my BF Game Manager. I do not like FB having any of my info, so I am glad that you can bypass them in all of these games. I can send messages back and forth to my "friends" in game, or not as I desire.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 29, 13 1:26 PM
I don't use FB at all with this game.

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Jan 13, 14 7:05 AM
I don't use FB at all for these games but I wish you could write longer messages. And at what point are we going to get to open up the gifting area?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 13, 14 10:15 PM
This game you don't need to buy xls or coins. I play for hours/day for free. If you can't afford 42 coins to send a msg, then don't.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 13, 14 10:22 PM
And yes when will the gifting open up. Are developers/and marketers afraid if they do, we will share with each other and not need to buy coins/xls with real $. Happy days. Still am liking this game but out of quests.

Go to: