Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

The smoothie makes no sense... neither does using real money...

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 20, 13 9:49 AM
I mean sure it will raise the max amount of energy with 10... But that's pretty much it.

If it also filled the energy meter it might make more sense. But with the other foods available for coins, the max fills up 40, and you could get 100 of those for the same price. Which would be plenty to get a level and increase max energy that way (atleast for many more levels).

If it filled up the energy meter it could pay off in the long run to maybe buy a few of the other items that increases energy, but that isn't really necessary with the items that are available now.

All of the money items seem to be built arround players who will pay on a daily or weekly basis, or maybe the occational impatient one who wants to finish a quest fast.

Even if I did buy a couple of the +100 to max energy, it would only be usefull when leveling, or if I keep spending money to buy max energy foods.

There isn't really any point in spending money for the casual player. Or did I miss something??

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 9:50:00 AM PST

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:The smoothie makes no sense... neither does using real money...

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 20, 13 2:14 PM
Nope - I got to the same place. Not spending real money for game money... Hmmm

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 13 6:08 AM
I have never spend a penny of my real money and get where everybody else gets - it only takes a little longer, that's all. But what's the rush? If you get too quickly to a higher level in a new game, you might come to a standstill where there are suddenly no more quests until the devs have added more stuff to the game - as was done with "Antique Road Trip". Suddenly, around level 25, there were no more quests, and everybody complaint about it. So why rush towards the higher levels? I have several free games I play daily, and they keep me quite busy. And then I have other games to play in between: HOGs, Solitaire games, M3 games, TM games...

[Post New]by lilacwinter on Dec 22, 13 8:20 AM
Well- I thought buying crystals would give me punches on my punch ticket, but nope!! That's how I talked myself into it in the first place. I thought- well the game itself is free so no biggie. I won't make that mistake again- that's for sure! I shall use these wisely. lol

And you are correct about the 10 energy. I suppose it's useful if you want to do one more scene before bed, since energy restores while you sleep. I think we're better off to buy collectibles and make sets that give xp, because once we gain a level energy restores.

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 22, 13 1:53 PM
Valdy wrote:I have never spend a penny of my real money and get where everybody else gets - it only takes a little longer, that's all. But what's the rush? If you get too quickly to a higher level in a new game, you might come to a standstill where there are suddenly no more quests until the devs have added more stuff to the game - as was done with "Antique Road Trip". Suddenly, around level 25, there were no more quests, and everybody complaint about it. So why rush towards the higher levels? I have several free games I play daily, and they keep me quite busy. And then I have other games to play in between: HOGs, Solitaire games, M3 games, TM games...

Not sure if you really meant this reply for my post as it addresses nothing in the OP, and implies a lot of things I never mentioned??

Even if they did implement my suggestion, that it should atleast fill up the energy meter aswell, the item still wouldn't be worth buying till after you have a minimum of 4k energy.

And it's not just the smoothie. If you compare the prices on the food you can buy for crystals, the scaling is off. With just a few upgrades, that took no rushing whatsoever, several items in the foodshop are completely pointless.

It's not about rushing, it's about simple math and having things (especially the ones they want us to spend real money on) make sense.

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 22, 13 2:14 PM
lilacwinter wrote:Well- I thought buying crystals would give me punches on my punch ticket, but nope!! That's how I talked myself into it in the first place. I thought- well the game itself is free so no biggie. I won't make that mistake again- that's for sure! I shall use these wisely. lol

And you are correct about the 10 energy. I suppose it's useful if you want to do one more scene before bed, since energy restores while you sleep. I think we're better off to buy collectibles and make sets that give xp, because once we gain a level energy restores.

Yup, that's the thing. The max amount of energy is really only "good" for
a) when you level
b) if you are away for a long time so you always regenerate max
c) if you use a food to fill up to max energy

Since the best food for coins atm is +40 then c doesn't apply, and b doesn't really apply to me either.

When levelling we also get a +10 increase to max energy, so spending those 100k on the +40 which would then give 4k energy total makes a lot more sense. And I don't see that ever changing. Imo 4k energy to use will always beat 100k for +10 increase to max energy.

I really liked the improvements they had made to this game (compared to american dreamin) and wanted to buy some crystals. Except I couldn't find anything to spend them on... Maybe at higher levels some of the moonfell soups would be good, but I'll think about that if I get there.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 13 6:27 PM
No, sorry Acashy, I was just ranting in general, and saying that there is no need to use real money - since that was part of your heading.

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 23, 13 6:14 AM
Valdy wrote:No, sorry Acashy, I was just ranting in general, and saying that there is no need to use real money - since that was part of your heading.

No need to be sorry, guess I could've waited for a reply before going off on a rant of my own ;p

iamsosure
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by iamsosure on Dec 29, 13 4:27 AM
...played for hours 1st time playing. no need so far to spend real $$ and I have plenty to do still

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Dec 29, 13 8:51 AM
None of the food in this game makes much sense to me. Almost all of it takes diamonds, and I'm not using my diamonds for a one time energy boost. And why do we have to upgrade an orchard and a store when they're the same thing? At least have different things in each of them.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Dec 29, 13 11:09 AM
It may not make sense to pay for food, but I am always spending gold on food. I just don't have the patience to wait for the energy to go up on its own. It is a vicious circle or spending money to get to hidden objects, earn collections, play mini games then spend the money on food. i need to look into the auctions to see if I can make some more money. I haven't used them, but it may help increase my money for more food!

[Post New]by angelfire77 on Dec 29, 13 1:32 PM
I'm waiting for a sale on gold and crystals. I hope they do have one like they had in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. There was a good sale on gold bars and coins at Thanksgiving, then a sale on food items. For Christmas, they had sales again. I'm hoping they do something like that in this game.

jaredbmccomb
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by jaredbmccomb on Dec 29, 13 4:48 PM
shagwendy wrote:None of the food in this game makes much sense to me. Almost all of it takes diamonds, and I'm not using my diamonds for a one time energy boost. And why do we have to upgrade an orchard and a store when they're the same thing? At least have different things in each of them.

I thought so too at first, but then I had to upgrade the store. While the store is being rebuilt, you can't buy things from it. I was glad to be able to buy things from the orchard while waiting!

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jan 8, 14 1:15 AM
That's what so different about FarmUp. If you buy a raise of the max energy amount, your energy bar will be filled up.

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Jan 9, 14 2:04 PM
Turalyon wrote:That's what so different about FarmUp. If you buy a raise of the max energy amount, your energy bar will be filled up.

True.

Anyways, I'm not saying that we should get energy fillups for free or almost no cost. It's normal that those who doesn't pay have to work a little harder/longer. And imo there is nothing wrong with that. But I dislike when ridicolous items are added, just so they can say that they did give f2p'ers something.

Still hoping a future update will change this.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 11, 14 5:15 AM
shagwendy wrote:None of the food in this game makes much sense to me. Almost all of it takes diamonds, and I'm not using my diamonds for a one time energy boost. And why do we have to upgrade an orchard and a store when they're the same thing? At least have different things in each of them.

Someone clued me in that the orchard upgrades the food and the store upgrades the special items, so the last part of my reply is

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 11, 14 8:37 PM
You are right-none of the food available for purchase is worth buying(unless you have buckets of coins and/or crystals)-who does-unless you bought with REAL$. Occasionally I buy bottles if I'm close to leveling up and still have some energy I don't want to lose.
The secret to this game is to get energy by leveling up. Yes it is boring to play the same level 1 mini games over and over-some only take a few seconds. But I manage to level up 2X/day (level 39-requires 33690 experience-get 505 Energy total-enough to play ~7 HOS @ average @~70E each. So most of my time is spend at auction looking for items to fill my collections. It works for me and always something to do. However I am concerned that I will soon reach the end of the current game if there are no new updates-what's in those clouded areas?? When?? Have fun out there.

Go to: