Reviews for Midnight Castle

bfgWendwater
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Midnight Castle

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 20, 13 12:08 PM
Hey All!

What do you think of Midnight Castle? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Midnight Castle page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgWendwater

bfgWendwater
1,911 Posts

Re:Reviews for Midnight Castle

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 20, 13 12:08 PM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jan 4, 14 10:39 PM
I LOVE this game! Everything about it is perfect, except the wait time for the hidden object scenes to open back up. Since this is a beta, I hope Elephant will listen and change that feature.

Audrey

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 6, 14 6:10 PM
Really do enjoy this game. The biggest problem for me is the excruciatingly long wait times. And the more you complete the HOS, the longer the wait time becomes. Most of mine are at and hour long wait. If there were other things to do, it wouldn't be too bad but all you can do is hunt for flowers.

Another issue is that the quests seem to all focus on one area. This makes it much more difficult to complete as you end up waiting and waiting. Perhaps it might be better if the quests dealt with more than one HOS so that you would have more to do.

judy1689
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 6, 14 10:57 PM
Downloaded it yesterday and have played it non stop for about 6 hours.

I adore it! It has the feel of regular HOS games, but it doesn't stop. Which, IMO, is a good thing, as I'm usually disappointed when I finish the regular games, always wanting to play more.

While some may not like the wait times, I think they are the right balance as I can do other things around the house while I'm waiting. Perfect for my ADHD, lol.

Except for my continuing sound issues with BFG, ie, sound cuts out at about 5 minutes, I truly love this game.

Thanks for another well made game experience.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,177 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jan 7, 14 9:29 PM
So far, I'm really enjoying the game. I love the artwork and find the storyline intriguing. I love the fact that the items in the HO scenes are fairly easy to spot and are a bit different every time you play them; it helps keep the scenes fresh and fun. I like the fact that (so far) you don't have to wait for weeks and weeks to open up new areas. I'm not as fond of the wait times, but I understand why they're there so I don't really have a complaint about them. I can choose to spend some money and skip them if I want - and I probably will occasionally.

[Post New]by Vuanti on Jan 8, 14 8:19 AM
Overall great game. Very good graphics and lots of different scenes. Minimal use of the usual cheap HOG tricks to increase difficulty (changing object colour to match background, using very dark scenes or hiding object in a totally dark area). Overall, cleverly done. The use of consistent object list and keeping them in same place in scene at first, then moving a few at a time is excellent for new HOG players and done so doesn't bore more advanced players. Can't tell yet but it seems to being set up, however, to require players to constantly pay more money. The wait times for replaying a scene are up to an hour for me. When needing an object to satisfy a quest, seems that everything except that object gets "won" at the scene. I needed either of two objects from one scene and waited through over 6 scene plays to get just one of them. With an hour between, that got irritating. I had a day to persevere and only managed to locate 2 objects needed for the supply ship and those were in conflict with what I needed for the quests. Don't know if others having issue of the game closing down every so often as well. Last item, would be good to have some way to switch between scenes without clicking back and forth, especially as the number of scenes adds up.

Valkara
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 9, 14 11:44 AM
I have no idea how this game works, found it boring, and will be uninstalling it.

DuffyPoo222
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by DuffyPoo222 on Jan 9, 14 11:59 AM
Valkara wrote:I have no idea how this game works, found it boring, and will be uninstalling it.

I'm with you. The same HOG over and over and over and you have to wait forever for them to heat up or cool down or whatever. Big time boring.

arthurC
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Jan 9, 14 1:28 PM
It looks absolutely gorgeous, and if I knew how to play it .. I probably would.

But I don't.

The instructions tell me absolutely nothing .. and to be frank I just can't be bothered fathoming it out.
Jo

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Jan 9, 14 5:44 PM
I love this game, it is engaging and delightful, thank you.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
560 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 9, 14 8:53 PM
Another game to get more money from the players - you are getting a bit greedy for my wallet. One these is enough.

I don't have the funds to play all the games that you need to buy items to play the game. Some people are on a limited income.

Edited on 01/09/2014 at 8:54:54 PM PST

nickylar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nickylar on Jan 10, 14 3:18 PM
I found the directions very confusing. Maybe that is just me.

The worst part is that the developers didn't have an English language speaker edit their dialogue. It is a stilted and a non-colloquial version of English.

I didn't enjoy the game.

Nynaeve70
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Jan 21, 14 5:26 AM
I don't normally review, but honestly I did not enjoy the game. Uninstalled it after playing less than 10 minutes.

Reasons:

1. You have to pay to open anything. Eventually this will lead to needing real money, which I prefer to have a choice to use or not.

2. I dislike the wait times to redo a hidden object game. I don't have time to keep going back to the same game over and over and over in a certain time frame. (Again, trying to force you to use real money to speed up the game).

3. The constant attempts to get me to use real money to do anything. As I said earlier, I prefer to choose for myself, not be forced in order to continue in a game.

Each person needs to choose for themselves.

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by molly539 on Jan 21, 14 8:10 AM
I've been playing the game since it was in beta and so far, I love it. Beautiful graphics and I love the music. I find it easier to deal with the wait times for the HOS by playing all of them each time I sit down to play, instead of just the ones involved in a quest. You're going to need the items and coins you collect for use in other quests and to open up new HOS/locks so why not build a stockpile every time you play? That is in addition to searching for those flowers. And so far, I haven't felt the need to spend any real money so I have no complaints.

[Post New]by silverlady47 on Jan 21, 14 8:25 AM
Don't like it, like it going back to playing my Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone.

Sorry.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Jan 21, 14 9:01 AM
I have to say that I love this game - now I have a system for playing it!
I made the mistake of opening all boxes and crafting everything I could on my first few levels, but now that I have reached level 12 I have learnt stockpiling is better as when you get new quests you can do quite a bit without having to constantly search for new items
Whilst I am waiting for HOS to reopen I collect the flowers and have 17000 and no need to spend any real money
If I have any niggles at all, it is with some of the relatively poor rewards for completing challenges and/or the size of the challenge and it really infuriates me when I craft an item and ALWAYS get the worst possible reward
I am not a huge HOS fan but having given Midnight Castle a chance I love it

gailssong
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by gailssong on Jan 22, 14 5:55 PM
Well okay since my post mysteriously disappeared I will try again.
I was really enjoying this game. I loved the graphics and storyline wasnt bad, Seemed fun. That is UNTIL I was FORCED to ACCEPT A FRIEND. who i have no idea who they are. I do not friending people on games which is why I dont play games on FB. and then you cant get out of it unless you accept them as your friend. I was not amused or happy. It ruined the game for me. If that wasnt bad enough......you were FORCED to request friends. and the only way you could get out of it was to shut your computer down.I am so disappointed. Now this is a great games for those who like to invite friends. Its not an awful game I just thought it was a little rude to force you to do it. I will be uninstalling this game because of this.

[Post New]by calypso5 on Jan 23, 14 4:34 PM
I haven't gotten to the part yet where I have to request a friend. If you cannot play without one I will be uninstalling the game like some that have commented before me. That is the reason I don't play Facebook games!

jaylow22
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jaylow22 on Jan 23, 14 8:19 PM
gailssong wrote: I was FORCED to ACCEPT A FRIEND. who i have no idea who they are. I do not friending people on games which is why I dont play games on FB. and then you cant get out of it unless you accept them as your friend..

It seems to me the first 'friend' you get is an in-game fictitious one, Just John. I'm on level 14 now and I haven't seen any quests or achievements that expect you to get any more. After John it's up to you if you want to invite friends or not.

Go to: