Beyond frustrated

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Beyond frustrated

[Post New]by dracslady on Dec 21, 13 12:52 AM
This is silly!!!! At least make it work like the Thanksgiving update so you can get the collectibles more than once after the quest is complete. This Christmas quest is ruining the whole game play. The devs are really blowing it on this round. Honestly they do good on Awakening. Found is even more secure than this.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

Re:Beyond frustrated

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Dec 21, 13 10:12 AM
Yeah, I have decided to give up on this game and uninstall it. I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse and complain about any of the issues here but I'm sure most of you have seen my frustration posts for this game.

The game was fun but it is no longer so, as it is just a constant source of frustration and irritation. I refuse to let this game bother me when I have so much fun playing Found and I'm about to try the Awakening game (I've had it downloaded for a week and haven't tried it yet).

So to all you who were a neighbor of Knuckles' Antique Shop, thanks for accepting my requests! For the 3 people I chat with on any sort of regular basis, I hope to still chat with you here occasionally.

Anyway, I wish that I could say its been fun but I can't... Actually that's not entirely true because it was fun at one time.

So I guess I'll wrap this up by saying... So long neighbors! It used to be fun but now it's been a really big annoying pain in my rear end!

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Dec 21, 13 11:02 AM
There are lots of things I do like about this game BUT honestly they have droppped the ball on this update.. which is so sad. As far as giving them ideas for new updates please don't they are having a hard enough time as it is. BFG really does try hard and they do support the gamer but the game writer BOOMZAP .. all I can do is roll my eyes and wonder how bald the BFG team is over all this. Anyhow Happy Holidays to all.

Edited on 12/21/2013 at 11:03:42 AM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 21, 13 12:49 PM
I tried the new Awakening game and it plays very similar to this game. It seems to work better and has better graphics. The only problem I had with it is that it was asking me to find stuff that I have no idea what it is. For example, an obsidian. What the hell is that? I looked it up and its a piece of volcanic glass. Im not an earth scientist so how would I know that? At least with this game, I know what Im looking for.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 21, 13 3:23 PM
The trick is to keep doing the quests, more xmas coll, but when you r on the third quest do not go back to quest screen until u r done collecting all u need.Once you get reward,they disappear.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 21, 13 3:40 PM
mpendo wrote:The trick is to keep doing the quests, more xmas coll, but when you r on the third quest do not go back to quest screen until u r done collecting all u need.Once you get reward,they disappear.

This last one was a bit much though I couldn't get hardly enough of the tweasers to do 1 never the less 2 of the mini games. So I ended up with just 1 mini game and that means only getting the collection 1 time oh well maybe the next one will be better so I can get more then 1 collection out of it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 13 10:04 PM
I had quite a bit of problems with the Thanksgiving quests and had to skip most of them, because I was still on a quite low level (restarted the game not so long ago).

But the Christmas quests are very easy, IMO. I did them all so far, and never had a problem with any of them.

However, I am now at a stage where I have to update my Ledger to Platinum, and they are asking me to pay 400 GOLD BARS !! for this??

And since I only get just one quest at the time now, and not a new one until I do the one, I am guessing that this is it. I don't have 400 gold bars and even if I did, I wouldn't want to spend that much gold for one upgrade.

Maybe if I continue to upgrade the buildings I will get more quests that way ? I have all my buildings on level 4, some are now on level 5, so I will see what will happen when the buildings get to a higher level. But 400 gold bars to upgrade my ledger is just ridiculous.

Edited on 12/21/2013 at 10:05:25 PM PST

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Dec 22, 13 1:01 AM
yeah some of the costs of upgrades is outrageous Valdy. I forget how I got my ledger upgrade but I don't think I spent 400.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 22, 13 9:16 AM
It is basically economics. BF cant control the coins we earn at auction, but they do control the GOLD. I managed to get together 65 collections before I took a break from boredom. The ledger upgrade if I recall correctly is $40,000 if you have a certain # of gold collections or something. I have never paid 400 GOLD for anything (and never will). My computer crashed during TG after I made tons of gold-but lost everything!! One needs a sense of humor-its just a game. BF used to constantly rob me at auction-win some -loose some-but they have mostly fixed this glitch (ie I actually get paid for items I have auctioned) now.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 22, 13 9:25 AM
i.e. 65 xmas collections. But I try to keep an inventory of 400 of each resource at all times but park ranger is my least favorite mini game-so tedious.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Dec 22, 13 10:13 AM
Valdy wrote:
However, I am now at a stage where I have to update my Ledger to Platinum, and they are asking me to pay 400 GOLD BARS !! for this??

There are usually some other requirements that have to be met before you can use cash. You definitely don't *have* to use gold for that one. I don't remember what the requirement was, but I think if you do a search on here for "platinum ledger" you'll find at least one thread about it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 22, 13 8:41 PM
Thank you, Jey... I read in one of your threads where you said that you didn't have all the gold collections yet done to be able to get the platinum ledger with cash. I will have a look at those collections.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 13 8:16 PM
I'm afraid I won't be able to do today's second Snowflake quest: decorate each of the 3 areas with snowflake banners. Each one costs 14.500 gold coins, and I just spent my last 6000 gold coins to put Christmas decorations up in my antique shop (this was the first part of the Snowflake quest). Oh well...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 23, 13 10:16 PM
With a heavy heart I have decided not to continue the rest of the Snowflake quests. I just can't get that kind of money together. Also, I decided that instead I will rather use the money I do have to continue to upgrade all the buildings (have them now all on level 5).

Another thing... this is the first time ever that, while I was playing on the game, I got the "You are not connected to the Internet" speech when I wanted to do a Collection. As you all can see, I am connected to the Internet.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Dec 23, 13 10:39 PM
I had to give up on the thanksgiving quests early on for that reason- just didn't have the resources. But if you're looking to make quick cash, do mini games! If you master the turtle in the toy store or the 2nd game in the tailor, they give around $3K each game. And if you have a keepsake that will increase your coins, you can really cash in. I have a ton of hammers for some reason, so I've been playing the turtle a LOT this past week so that I have enough money for upgrades, buying food during the sale, etc. With the double coins for 30 minutes keepsake, I've made about $200K in one sitting from that turtle. (I am reeeeeeally sick of seeing that turtle, but it sure has helped my game.)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 24, 13 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info, Jey. I did use keepsakes today to increase the cash I get, and used all my food to have enough energy for quite a while. But I still only made just under 40.000 gold coins. And as I said, I have only managed to get all my buildings up to level 5, so the mini games don't give me all that much money yet.

It's a shame, because so far I have been able to do each of the quests. But now I realise that it might not get any easier over the next few days, and instead of wasting away all my cash, I might as well just use it to upgrade my buildings to unlock more things. I also am still trying to get that platinum ledger - eventually - am now doing the gold collections and hoping that will help.

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 24, 13 12:34 AM
Valdy wrote:Thanks for the info, Jey. I did use keepsakes today to increase the cash I get, and used all my food to have enough energy for quite a while. But I still only made just under 40.000 gold coins. And as I said, I have only managed to get all my buildings up to level 5, so the mini games don't give me all that much money yet.

It's a shame, because so far I have been able to do each of the quests. But now I realise that it might not get any easier over the next few days, and instead of wasting away all my cash, I might as well just use it to upgrade my buildings to unlock more things. I also am still trying to get that platinum ledger - eventually - am now doing the gold collections and hoping that will help.

Probably already saw this somewhere else...

But Hunting Lodge, it usually drops multiple threads, and once in a while (though not rare) drops nothing but threads and coins/xp.

Play the first game in tailor shop (2700 coins when maxed) use coins to buy food, go back to Hunting Lodge etc etc.

Lots of repeat work, but good for quick cash for quests like these if you don't have resources stocked.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 24, 13 1:44 AM
Thanks Acashy... I have already used the money I was able to get together to upgrade more buildings. I have also used all my food to get that money together, so I am left with no money and no food - unless I want to use my few gold bars to get more food, but I am not going to. I will just leave it as it is.

I have managed to get the Yuletide Owl, so I am glad I got that done.

Merry Christmas !!

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 24, 13 6:06 AM
How did you get the owl??? No one else has gotten it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 24, 13 6:18 AM
In the "Guises of Ran the Owl" thread, someone else said they have gotten the Yuletide owl.

And I said in my "To BoomZap Devs: No Yuletide Owl" thread:

Alarm over !! *phew* I looked into the Achievements and saw that the Yuletide Owl appears when I do 12 special Snowflake Christmas quests. I have so far 8 out of the 12.

And when I finished the first 12 quests, I got the owl.

Edited on 12/24/2013 at 6:22:52 AM PST

Go to: