safetykim
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Too similar to Farmington Tales 1?

[Post New]by safetykim on Dec 21, 13 3:22 PM
I was surprised at how similar this game was to the first one. Same farm. Same HOS scenes. Same crops. Same minigames. Same music. I enjoy the first game immensely, but maybe not enough to spend money on a version in which the main difference is that there is snow.

Can any of you tell me if the game is distinct enough to be worth the purchase?

Too similar to Farmington Tales 1?

[Post New]by theredace5000 on Dec 23, 13 7:53 AM
safetykim wrote:I was surprised at how similar this game was to the first one. Same farm. Same HOS scenes. Same crops. Same minigames. Same music. I enjoy the first game immensely, but maybe not enough to spend money on a version in which the main difference is that there is snow.

Can any of you tell me if the game is distinct enough to be worth the purchase?

There are actually a lot of differences. The quest system is all new (better version than the original... now you get a quest list in scenes), the market is completely changed, the farm is larger than the original, there are now greenhouses where you can plant crops (and there are several new crops), mostly new minigames (like maybe 1 or 2 repeated from the original).

I don't think the music is repeated. I think there's maybe 1 song from the original but the rest are all new.

safetykim
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Too similar to Farmington Tales 1?

[Post New]by safetykim on Dec 23, 13 9:36 AM
Thanks for that, I'll definitely buy the game then! There were a lot of similarities in the trial hour but I'm glad to know there's new content.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Too similar to Farmington Tales 1?

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 13, 14 11:49 PM
I just wanted to add my voice to second that there are a lot of differences. I cant believe I actually like this game & how much i do like it.
Yup so ...there are a lot of differences. I wish I could elaborate but I cannot.

Go to: