minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Riddle Mode

[Post New]by minmer on Dec 23, 13 4:41 AM
Hello everybody,

Does anyone know why we don't get money rewards for the items we find during the riddle mode? All I get is ca. 22 coins (maybe the Bonus Money for quick finds) In all other modes the money rewards mostly amount to appr. 450 coins. Is that a glitch or is it done on purpose?

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Riddle Mode

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 23, 13 6:20 AM
Been wondering the same thing. Since riddle mode is my least liked mode, it's like a double punishment...

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Dec 23, 13 7:18 AM
I haven't noticed but that is disappointing. It is also my least favorite mode and the mode I am less likely to get other collectibles.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 23, 13 9:52 AM
Yup, it's not only hardly getting any money for it, you hardly get any collectibles playing it too. I find myself thinking twice about entering it (if I'm smart enough to remember looking before going in) whenever I'm on a 30 minutes' special item or low on energy.
Don't like this mode much either. I didn't mind so much first few times but now it's a pain in the... mostly.
Shadow mode is also more difficult but hardly as annoying.
What I could never figure out is why some items and scenes are easier on my eyes than others, wonder if there's some sort of a scientific explanation to it (and I don't mean "small" object, sometimes they're easier for me to find than big ones. Weird really. Oh and totally off topic lol).

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Dec 23, 13 2:47 PM
I like the Riddle mode. It is in a game called Grimm Reaper: Hidden tales. But I'm a glutton for punishment. lol

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Dec 23, 13 3:06 PM
I hadn't noticed that. I'll have to pay closer attention and see if that happens to me too. I do know that it's a lot harder to get the extra speed bonus coins in riddle mode... maybe that's the difference?

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Dec 23, 13 3:18 PM
Ok, you're right. Definitely something wrong there! Will need to send a tech report. I got all but one speed bonus coin in riddle mode, and still only got 33 coins. Played again in picture mode and got 434.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 24, 13 3:08 AM
I am so trained in some areas by now that I do manage to get a few speed bonus coins in it but it's hardly the issue. While all the other modes are giving you coins for every find, regardless to bonuses (starting 20 coins, then dropping 4 every few seconds), this mode does not give you any coins for findings. You do not get not 20, nor 16, nor 8 coins for each finding - that is the issue. Why? Have no idea... I do know coins are very valuable in this game...

(btw, I don't think it's a glitch, I think it's how it is. Why? Have no idea... etc etc..)

Edited on 12/24/2013 at 3:09:15 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Dec 24, 13 5:50 AM
Coming to think of it, after spending some time in Dawnhope Cavern...
This mode is probably set to allow us to get the area better without feeling time pressured (since there is no money reward so no countdown). Guess that's the one upside of it.
But still, when you're looking for a certain item or need to advance in levels... and every entry is like 60-80 energy points (points?)... a bit annoying yeah. And quite "rewardless" indeed.

Go to: