Reviews for Adelantado Trilogy: Book Three

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 23, 13 6:20 AM
please post reviews here.

Edited on 12/23/2013 at 8:11:06 AM PST

Re:Reviews for Adelantado Trilogy: Book Three

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 23, 13 6:22 AM
Instant Buy!

BASED ON PARTIALLY COMPLETED GAME

I didn’t even have to think about it, my fingers had already hit the buy button before I remembered that it is bonus punchcard Monday! This just never happens to me, even with games I know I’m going to buy. But the AdelantadoTrilogy is unique among build style games in being able to keep me up late to finish ‘one more level’.

This game continues the tale from the first two books of Adelantado. Don Diego is still on his quest to find the lost expedition, and he’s got some strange new challenges ahead, the most immediate of which are dinosaurs of all varieties. The cavemen are still raiding the camps, but not in the first few levels.

The game is an identical replica of Book Two, but with added structures, production goods and new gold transporters. The graphics and animation are the same high standard. Even the music is the same.

My favourite thing is this game is still that you can play it in 3 difficulty modes, or play it untimed. Something for everyone.

Some of this game’s other features include:

1. You control Don Diego, while he controls his men. So you can queue for yourself, foraging for hidden gems, for instance, and while keeping occupied with that, direct the action for all your building and production men.

2.You can demolish, restore to peak efficiency or upgrade most buildings. So when the woodcutter runs out of wood, you can reutilise the space. Which is very good, because as with the first games, space is the biggest problem.

3. There are again new buildings such as healer’s huts to add to your productive value.

4.There are gods that provide short term power ups such as increased speed or productivity.

5. Cool awards.

6. The levels are long and increase in difficulty.

The first chapter is still the ‘hand-holding’ forced building program where you can only do as instructed, but in level two you have almost complete flexibility – although you must have unlocked structures and so on, as with the other games.
I am already really enjoying this one, even though I am only at chapter 3.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 23, 13 8:15 AM
G'day.

Thanks for getting this thread started for us JustTheFacts.

Please reserve this thread for reviews of Adelantado Trilogy: Book Three only.

If you have a gameplay related question, please check to see if there is an existing thread before posting a new question.

Any technical related posts can be popped in the Technical Issues thread.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Dec 23, 13 3:43 PM
Love, love, love this game. Having played Book One and Two I bought this before I played the trial hour. Its a variation on a building game along with a strategy and time management. Its my Christmas present to myself, I cannot recommend it highly enough!

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Dec 24, 13 8:33 AM
@JustTheFacts: Well, they've gotta put the tutorial somewhere for those that are new to the Adelantado Trilogy.

Anyways, great game as usual from the developers.

I did feel unsatisfied with the conclusion chapter which didn't really seem to conclude anything. If anything, it seemed to leave open speculation. That chapter also seemed a bit less complete, but that's my only complaint through the whole thing (aside from suspension of disbelief with the dinosaurs and cavemen, which was a bit cliche. Though would have loved to see the huge theropod that was hinted at).

Edited on 12/24/2013 at 9:20:51 AM PST

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Dec 25, 13 9:20 PM
Just like Just the facts said, I too have been waiting for this one to come out. And now that it has, it was well worth the wait. I would suggest though, that if you have not played this series, start with the first and follow through in order. And don't be discouraged, if it seems a little vague in the beginning, because you will soon catch on to the way it plays out and enjoy it like I have, I'm sure. It is one game I have played over and over many times. Book three has the same type of play, same characters, and challenges but it does have a few new ideas, properties etc. I have just two chapters to go in book II of this book three and my eyes are very tired so I will wait to finish until tomorrow and plan on the bonus since my chapters have been complete. I do not play the timed games though since I am 77 yrs and not so quick but they are still a challenge. I do hope the developers will begin another series of this type.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Dec 26, 13 12:11 PM
There are very few games I buy without playing the trial first. This is one of them. I love this series and I can only hope that they don't stop making them. This series of games is one of the ones I go back to and play again and again.
I like that this game has many difficulty levels; relaxed (no time limit), easy, regular, and hard. What is best is that it is challenging and entertaining on all levels.
Keep up the good work, Developers! You've got a winner in my opinion.

riafree
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,380 Posts

[Post New]by riafree on Dec 29, 13 2:40 AM
hi there
i just love this game
i bought it immediately
but i want more levels

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jan 5, 14 7:03 AM
I have absolutely loved this series. Hopefully, since the final conclusion chapter is left a bit open, there will be more games after this one. I'm not quite sure how to label this game... TM? Adventure? Strategy? a combo of all 3? Not sure, but I love them all. There are new buildings and things to do in this one. The secrets are very very well hidden. I will say, however, that out of the 3 games, #2 was my favorite. Not that I do not like this one. I rank it a 5 star game, and I play all 3 over and over.

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Jan 5, 14 11:42 AM
All of them have been great games. What a change of pace from the dark and dreary HO games. One observation since it happened to me in one of the levels in Book Two and now again in Part 1, Level 5 of this game. I gave up the gold to the transporter person before I had completed the other tasks and could not proceed any further. I replayed the level solving all the tasks before giving up the gold and it worked. Maybe it's just me but it seems the transporter of the gold should not be allowed to talk until all the other tasks have been completed.
A vote for a Book 4!

[Post New]by designer1 on Jan 9, 14 8:35 AM
Easily the best of game of the series, and this is a series that was really, really good with the first game!

The levels are huge and the artwork even better than before. There is something wonderfully addictive about this game, with its elements of strategy, time management, building management, exploration, and story line. A unique blend that is such a welcome, welcome change from most game!

I hope this game concept is not finished, even though the trilogy is completed.

[Post New]by PinkCherry on Jan 10, 14 1:58 AM
This game was so fun, I wished it would never end. Fortunately it is very re-playable. For me, the conclusions of the Adelantado games are the best game endings ever. The endings feel like rewards for all the hours put in getting there. Thanks Big Fish for bringing some fun into my life.

ERMc
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ERMc on Jan 12, 14 4:11 PM
I was thrilled to see this game for sale. I love this series and bought Part 3 immediately. It seems many of us have done that, which should be a sign to the developers that they are on to a winner with this series.

The artwork and storyline are terrific. I was especially impressed by the background artwork in this particular game.

I find this whole series to be highly addictive. I enjoy TM games, but this is a step up from the norm. The adventure and strategy aspects just bring you into a whole other world and immerses you in that world. I like having to think a bit as I am playing.

I especially enjoyed the new additions of the portals in Part 3. I had the hang of them by the end, but would like to replay the whole game now that I understand more about them.

I sincerely hope that the developers bring us more of this type of game in the near future. I guarantee I will snap them up without a second thought!

Edited on 01/12/2014 at 4:12:33 PM PST

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jul 15, 14 7:16 PM
Aloha, I just (finally, lol) bought the 3rd game in the trilogy; here's hoping there's MORE! I have the other two and love them! I did play the demo (you know, because sometimes the sequels are not-so-great), and love this one too! And I especially like the fact that you can play a "timed" game like this, on "un-timed" mode, for those of us who love these games but are slower than cold molasses running uphill in January in Alaska, lol. HOWEVER, I DO advise people to read the forums, BEFORE you buy this game, as there ARE a few game-glitches.

I ran into a couple, especially the one where you are talking to the Shaman and he gives you a quest (don't recall the level or section, but several people have mentioned this particular glitch). There is a woman sitting next to him who also will give you a quest, usually after you have started the Shaman's quest but not finished it. After replaying this level several times and not being able to finish the Shaman's quest, as he no longer will talk with you (red circle around him), I came and read the forums (thanks guys) and realized that I had to FINISH his quest BEFORE I finished hers, however I DID have to start her quest when I got to the point in HIS quest, that I couldn't go any further without STARTING hers. Just make sure you finish his, BEFORE you finish hers and it will play out just fine!

The only other glitch I ran into, that I recall, was at some point about half way through, the game froze and I couldn't get it to unfreeze, so I had to do the "Control-Alt-Delete" thing to get out of the game, and start that level over (sorry, I forget which level, but the only fix I could figure out was to re-start that level). Once I restarted, I had no problem.

Glitches aside, I was able to finish the game; loved it and can't wait for (hopefully) another adventure from these devs!

I recommend this game!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 5, 14 11:19 AM
loved this game, even if I didn't find all the secrets it was fun to play. will there be a number 4? hope so.

Go to: