I solved all of my Elephant Games problems with one easy change!

[Post New]by Heidi_1213 on Dec 24, 13 8:29 AM
I was playing Fate's Carnival and having the same problems I usually have with these games: lagging, jerky graphics, failure to load.

Now, I know that my high-end Alienware PC with 12G Ram and a liquid-cooled GTX card with up-to-date drivers is not the problem here, and I knew that using BFG's "Run as Administrator" suggestions improved the problem slightly, so I did a little tinkering. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm not sure how this solution will work for the rest of you, but like I said, it's pretty easy.

So, here's what I did. First, go to the BFG "Run as Administrator" page (http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748). Then follow the instructions until you get to item #9. Once there, do one more thing that they don't suggest. In the drop down box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" PICK YOUR ACTUAL OS! Apply the changes and let me know what happens. I was able to go back to using custom cursors and special effects, and everything ran as fast as it should.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Go to: