bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 25, 13 12:29 AM
The once glamorous Gatsby Mansion is now wrecked and seemingly deserted. Judy, a talented architect, is given her dream job when she is asked to restore it to its former beauty. Just as she is about to begin, Gatsby's criminal past intrudes and she finds herself caught up in a kidnapper's scheme to discover the notorious socialite's secret treasure. Immerse yourself in an adventure full of puzzles and hidden object scenes entwined with Gatsby’s devoted love and criminal dealings in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 25, 13 12:59 AM
Played for 2 minutes. Looks so old fashioned, very few options and not even wide screen. Deleted, finished with BF for today, merry Christmas all.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 25, 13 1:21 AM
nomatt wrote:Played for 2 minutes. Looks so old fashioned, very few options and not even wide screen. Deleted, finished with BF for today, merry Christmas all.

Two minutes? That's really giving a game chance pfft.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 25, 13 1:31 AM
I agree, 2 minutes? Not giving the game much of a chance, now are we? Well, I lasted alot longer than that and it is a buy for me, especially at the sale price....It's not the best game in the world but it is not a bad one either. I rather like it.. some fishies may not like that there seems to be alot of HOGS but I say, bring em on! I am looking forward to playing the whole game..the graphics are clear on my laptop and at least the voiceover is not annoying

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

DLeeM
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by DLeeM on Dec 25, 13 2:37 AM
I loved the first Great Gatsby so much I continue to play it now and then. This was such a disappointment. It had none of the elements that I loved with the first Gatsby and then when I was playing a HOG scene, the item that I wanted would not pick up, so I just left. I wish the game developers would learn that when you have a good thing, you should continue with the same theme, but enhance, not detract. What a shame, I was looking forward to something good. Oh well, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe New Year!!!!
PS: In my original post above, I never said who the game developer was, just said that I was looking forward to a follow up to The Great Gatsby. I understood this was not the same developer, but was hoping that maybe this developer would take some lessons from a very good game, and my hopes were dashed when I tried it. Oh well, like everyone else, I hope some day they will come out with a very good sequel.

Edited on 12/25/2013 at 10:41:08 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 25, 13 2:46 AM
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you both. I haven't tried it yet, so one yay and one nay. I will have to see Working on Island Tribe 5 still at the moment. I will probably stop and try. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 25, 13 3:36 AM
THANKS DLeeM for your review,

I own the first Gatsby and LOVED it, so very sad to read in your review, that this new one is nothing like it .
What I loved about the first one was, besides the items to find, the scenes also had letters to find, or you could guess the word by typing it into a box, each scene had a new word to find, that had to do with the story, LOVED that.
Also it had different mini games, which I found fun to play, AND you got to decorate your office, with points earned, it was just a fun game, all the way around, and I kept hoping they would come out with a new one.

BOO HOO

Merry Christmas to all, BF and employee's, game developers and fishie friends, hope everyone has a safe and healthy, happy New Year 2014 .

Edited on 12/25/2013 at 3:41:22 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 25, 13 4:15 AM
Just to clarify, this game is not a follow-up or sequel to "Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby", which was released some 2-3 years ago. (And what an outstanding, excellent game that one is!!)

So this one must stand on its own merit. And does so very poorly. Old style game and graphics featuring HOS you can't escape until completed, HOS after HOS (most of which are utter junkpiles), puzzles all seen before, can't use the map to move around, and overall drives the fun factor to almost nothing with its repetitious and boring style.

It didn't take long at all to lose interest in this one. A definite pass here.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 25, 13 4:31 AM
THANKS Cbtx

So happy to hear this is not the same developer, that made the one I love, so there is still hope that maybe one day, they will make a sequel, thanks for clearing that up

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 25, 13 5:47 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

The devs of this game, which looks like an oldie in more ways than one, are calling themselves "Hidden Classics".

Edited on 12/27/2013 at 2:07:34 PM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 25, 13 7:06 AM
I don't need to play for more than two minutes to see it isn't a widescreen game. I know sassylassy doesn't anybody having a different opinion to her so pff right back at you.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 25, 13 7:42 AM
nomatt:

is Christmas!!!

a misunderstanding exists!!

2 minutes is NOT a long trial time UNLESS you have certain criteria such as wide screen !! that is all that was meant by not long enough as you ADDED widescreen as an after thought!!

so - you are both right!!!!

happier gaming!!!

Edited on 12/25/2013 at 10:25:48 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 25, 13 9:57 AM
Sorry but I mentioned widescreen in my first post. It doesn't matter, it's only my opinion but some seem to take exception to that. Never mind. Happy Christmas all.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Dec 25, 13 1:24 PM
I did think this was a sequel to the last Gasby game, until I started playing, and immediately knew it wasnt! I did persevere with it though, and after purchase, found, it was full of glitches. So I am glad it was on offer. Hopefully there will be a sequel to the original Great Gatsby soon.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Dec 27, 13 10:21 AM

I must rise to the defense of nomatt.

I have quit games after 30 seconds, but only when (IMHO) the story was just too laughably bad to continue.

Sometimes it does not take long to realize a game is just "not for me."

I happened to like this one, though.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 28, 13 5:02 PM
I like the graphics and the visuals and the music
but I keep getting pop up screens, dark green and blank,
every few seconds.
I rebooted, still get the pop ups (it might be the tutorial,
since it never asked me if I wanted one) but at the
first hidden object scene, there was no list of objects to find.

I'll have to wait until it is fixed.

[Post New]by lmv2012 on Dec 29, 13 10:31 AM
I finished this today after starting the free trial the day it came out then coming back to it today. It didn't take me long as it was a shorter game. The only problems I had (besides the slowness which could have been my computer too) was that one of the trips to the apartment I lost my cursor and couldn't do anything. I exited the game and went back in, and all was fine. No other glitches for me, although it seems many of you have had issues. Let me know if I can assist with anything. Happy New Year!

[Post New]by Katydid123 on Jun 22, 14 9:15 PM
Am having trouble getting the key to move action on. Anyone else?
Need help.
I did not see a tutorial. Is there one??

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 9:17:18 PM PST

Go to: