Reviews for The Ultimate Christmas Puzzler

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 25, 13 3:16 AM
Please post your review here

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 11:58:11 AM PST

Re:Reviews for The Ultimate Christmas Puzzler

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 25, 13 3:19 AM
Best Xmas Puzzle Game Of The Year

BASED ON DEMO

This is a very well named game. It IS the ultimate if you like jigsaws, spin the tiles, and spot the difference and plenty of other image-based games.

The game looks good, with excellent clear and bright graphics and well-chosen beautiful images. Most importantly to me, they are high quality photos and art that are truly Christmas-themed.

The same with the music. Most of the music is recognisable Christmas classics, or what I can only describe as ‘lounge music’, which may be adapted from more modern tunes I don’t know.

This is saying a lot. I have reviewed a dozen or more Christmas games leading up to today, and this is by far the best puzzle game in creating a xmas atmosphere. Makes me want to buy it to play today – and I don’t even celebrate Christmas! [And I do have to play A Christmas Carol - the 'ultimate' Xmas HOPA of the year] *happy grin*

Now some stats on what you get:

Jigsaws: Easy x16, Medium x41, Hard x28, Extreme x 8. The level of difficulty is determined by the number and size of the pieces and the amount of similar details on the image.

This is not one of those games where you can customise. The only option is to see the image while you work.

Spin the tiles: Easy x16, Medium x9, Hard x7, Extreme x7. The degree of difficulty is determined by the image, but more so by the number of small (1 unit) squares vs. the number of large (4 units) squares. In extreme, clicking one tile spins it and another tile – not necessarily adjacent.

Other Puzzles:

Spot the difference x8. The images are very “busy”
Memory Pairs x6. None hard.
Follow the wires x3

And a few others. One jigsaw in the “Other” section is a map of the US with all the states as jigsaw pieces in their correct shape. Fun for this Aussie who is useless at geography!

This is a definite buy for me!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 25, 13 3:57 AM
Ho-Ho-Hum, I'm really weary of all the games that want to jump in Santa's Christmas sleigh to go along for the ride ---- like this one.

There is nothing new or different to be found here, and the lack of promised variety just indicates a game that was hurriedly put together merely to take advantage of the Yuletide themes.

But the biggest demerit is the size of the items ---- everything is entirely too small. It shouldn't be an eye test ---- those are for the eye doctor to give.

There are other Christmas games being offered that, while guilty of the same lack of imagination and originality, are far better than this one.

Very easy to pass on this unremarkable game.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Dec 25, 13 4:58 AM
While I find the puzzles fun , it should not be listed as a hidden object game. Having said that, I will take advantage of the sale. I like a good puzzle game sometimes. Merry Christmas to all of you!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Dec 25, 13 10:36 AM
I bought this game after playing about 1/2 hour of the demo. Mainly because it is entertaining & I don't always have the time for a longer game.
I have bought previous Christmas games from BFG but I found this one to be much more entertaining & easy to come back to.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Dec 25, 13 12:21 PM
Unless I really missed it, I don't think neither BFG nor any user comments categorize this game as hidden object. It's simply a mix of various jigsaw puzzles, STD's, concentration games, etc. No story, no narrative, just a good old fashioned time killer with a Christmas theme. Collections of puzzles are so far and few between I bought this one and am enjoying it for all its low key, family friendly fun. It ain't no Azazda and doesn't try to be--just enjoy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 25, 13 7:07 PM
Goldendog... when you go to the main game page, at the very top on the left, there it always tells you what genre BigFish thinks a game is. For this game it says: "Hidden Object Games".

And I agree with your last part of your post. It's an easy-going, fun, and entertaining game.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 12:01 PM
Hey All!

Thanks for starting up the reviews thread JustTheFacts!

What do you think of The Ultimate Christmas Puzzler? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the The Ultimate Christmas Puzzler page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgWendwater

Go to: