this is a joke right??

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

this is a joke right??

[Post New]by crestedwave on Dec 26, 13 4:29 AM
the Christmas quests are really a joke and where are all the collectibles and I cant even level up any more how come you don't open more mini games and the 2 building this game has become more boring each day

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:this is a joke right??

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 26, 13 7:25 AM
If we haven't been disgusted over the past 2 days with no new collectibles, then I have to say it today is the day. We had to spend coins for the quests to decorate which to me was so wrong, then we have to play until we are blue in the face to get enough envelopes to play the timed quest. What in the heck is wrong with the folks at boom zap, and none of these quests are giving us anything in return worth even wanting to do them. Spend 60,000 coins to decorate, so we can get like 300 coins I mean for crying out loud it's not worth it at all.

As for the timed one. I may do it later since I have to do that game for another quest which has eaten up so many envelopes already. To me its greedy pure 100% greed on boom zaps end.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 26, 13 7:33 AM

Everyone is in such a hurry to finish off this game! However, it is clearly meant as a long-term project and we just have to be patient to wait for new developments when they gradually appear. As for Christmas - there are still three days to go and only one collectible left, so I am happy to wait for it.
Indeed, some of us were a bit worried that the last collectible would appear on Christmas Day itself - when most people are tied up with other things and not able to get to the computer easily - in which case we would miss out on it....

It is still a great game and there are some quite clever strategies to learn in order to maximise earning coins and this release other possibilities. It isn't all dependent on having gold and nothing else!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 26, 13 9:22 AM
I just added up exactly what Ive spent on this game and it totals to more than $400. Come on!!! I deserve better than this. I should own this game ten times over.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Dec 26, 13 9:29 AM
april3850 wrote:I just added up exactly what Ive spent on this game and it totals to more than $400. Come on!!! I deserve better than this. I should own this game ten times over.

I can understand why you would be upset with the amount of money you invested in the game. Since I don't have the same investment, I can't relate to your frustrations but it also gives me a better sense of the anger that I have seen from other people. I think that some of us have been quick to tell people to be patient without understanding that you and others have put more of a financial investment in the game.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 26, 13 9:30 AM
April if you ask me they should have it so that people can buy into one of these games and have unlimited everything for like $50. That way they would never have to buy anything ever again. They also would have to make it so that you would own the game in case if they ever stop having it as a free to play game you would still be able to play it daily at home.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 26, 13 12:48 PM
It is rather sad that so many people have spent so much money without keeping a careful eye on this. I have reached level 68 without spending a single penny on it - literally, as I live in the UK and it is expensive to buy things in dollars! I have had enormous fun managing things in order to get the right achievements and use my food and other resources in order to make the most of getting collections and going up levels at the right time.
I have learnt to juggle playing the mini-games to get collectibles and then complete the collections in order to get back the resources for the mini-games. It is also possible to get lots of coins from the mini-games in order to buy upgrades and furnishings which contribute towards the achievements. Not to mention being able to buy the macaroni cheese which both increases your maximum energy and restores it each time.
You really don't need to spend so much cash!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Dec 26, 13 1:37 PM
I agree...I'm at level 85 or so and haven't spent any real money on this game. Most of the fun is in the planning!

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Dec 26, 13 2:11 PM
I didn't spend aot of cash thing is when you reach level 101 there are no more levels to complete so you are just wasting energy and getting nothing in return I have played the mini games to to get the coins and bought the pizza so I could play the HO scenes but like I said what do I do now that I have reached the highest level you can reach and they are not even opening up anything else I think at least maybe once a week update something like a new mini scene or maybe one of those buildings and how about making it so there are more levels

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 26, 13 2:15 PM
cissyr1768 wrote:April if you ask me they should have it so that people can buy into one of these games and have unlimited everything for like $50. That way they would never have to buy anything ever again. They also would have to make it so that you would own the game in case if they ever stop having it as a free to play game you would still be able to play it daily at home.

Yes, I like this idea. In fact at one point in the game, I think it was right after I spent about $200 They made it where I didnt have to buy any collectibles. They gave them to me for free. But when I did the update for the Thanksgiving event, it took that away and it was like my game started over. I complained but it did no good.

Im not much of a complainer really, I voice my opinion once in a while but mostly Ive kept quiet. But I really thought this Christmas event would be better. Ive invested way too much to have it turn out this lame.

Also, BF customer service wont even respond to my requests. I havent heard from them since the Thanksgiving event. I finally gave up. I havent seen then here for a while either.

Im not spending that much anymore. But still it would nice to be rewarded for what Ive put into it. They shouldnt be afraid to let me collect a few gold coins on Christmas Day. Its not about the money, Id gladly spend it for a great game like this. But I need a game where everything works and works properly. I dont think thats too much too ask!!

Sorry, to my fellow players for unloading my frustrations here especially during the holiday season, but I just reached my boiling point and had to vent when I didnt receive any further collectible for Christmas. Thanks for listening!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 26, 13 2:40 PM
wulfruna wrote:It is rather sad that so many people have spent so much money without keeping a careful eye on this. I have reached level 68 without spending a single penny on it - literally, as I live in the UK and it is expensive to buy things in dollars! I have had enormous fun managing things in order to get the right achievements and use my food and other resources in order to make the most of getting collections and going up levels at the right time.
I have learnt to juggle playing the mini-games to get collectibles and then complete the collections in order to get back the resources for the mini-games. It is also possible to get lots of coins from the mini-games in order to buy upgrades and furnishings which contribute towards the achievements. Not to mention being able to buy the macaroni cheese which both increases your maximum energy and restores it each time.
You really don't need to spend so much cash!

I envy and commend you for making it that far without spending money. I dont think I could have done it. Have you been playing it from the beginning? When I started playing you had to have 350,000 coins just to buy a pizza, 720,000 to buy mac n cheese. Also, there was no Platinum level. Also, some of the cities had to be opened with gold bars. And there wasnt any holiday events that allow you to stock up on gold bars. The only way you got gold coins was to buy them. There wasnt as many resources available and harder to come by. Its easier now. I know a lot of players that quit playing this game long ago because of all the BS. But so far Ive stuck it out. I just think for $400 and all the time Ive spent, that I might deserve at least a response from customer service and attention paid to getting my game to work properly. I should have earned everything the game has to offer by now and should be focusing on advanced game strategies instead of worrying about not getting credit for my rewards, or gold disappearing, or not being able to complete tasks because I dont have all the buildings required. I enjoyed the Thanksgiving event even though it had glitches. I just expected the Christmas event to be the same and was really disappointed, too disappointed to have spent this much time and money. This game has the potential to be the best game ever! But I just dont understand why no one will get these problems fixed so we can all just go back to enjoying the game.

eloquent
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eloquent on Dec 26, 13 3:19 PM
I've played it from the start and haven't bought gold or coins yet. I'm on level 75 and have always had enough max energy to play at least an hour each eve because ive used the auction to gain coins
You just have to have patience instead and go do other things sometimes, which is healthy lol
It probably wasn't healthy to put as much time into it as i did at thanksgiving so im relieved Christmas was different or i might have been a bit annoyed that i couldn't do the same cos i was busy.

For me it doesn't matter that i cant gain more gold because theres not really anything to do with it at the moment.
I think we need longer term quests and harder ones, because even opening the 2 locked places won't be hugely challenging at this point.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 26, 13 10:32 PM
I earned 670 gold from Xmas collections so far-the limitation was I can only do so much repetition. I am at level 63 and if I have to look forward to nothing new in cities or buildings and max out at level 101-that would be total boredom. I have 6M$ that I earned from auctions,done most of achievements,have 400 of each resource, very healthy collections and enough food to last 40 levels. Since the Xmas update, my game malfunctions-blackouts so I have to close and come back in if I try to do anything for more than 10 seconds. In the mini games I only have #1-12 (some other glitch), so everything else I buy at auction. There is no upside that I can see from here so, its been fun, but, I will probably have to say goodbye to my friends in the New Year. However, this game has provided me with enormous fun to this point. Hats off to the developers and to BF for bringing us this game-just dont use me as a Beta tester again when I am paying real money to buy coins and gold that you later rob from me.

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 10:34:23 PM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 28, 13 3:33 AM
april3850 wrote:I just added up exactly what Ive spent on this game and it totals to more than $400. Come on!!! I deserve better than this. I should own this game ten times over.

In regards to the responses of well-meaning people citing reasons why they did not pay money for the game, here's the thing: that's great for you but it has nothing to do with the above player's plight.

She did pay real money for rewards that have a real monetary value (given the fact you can purchase them) while the game developers and its distributor, BFG, were fully aware of the fact that advertised rewards could not be obtained. It's called false advertising and it's against the law.

I'm doing something about it. If you purchased coins or gold and would like more information, PM me.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 28, 13 6:15 AM
Putting cash into this is optional. Not against the law at all. Why would you invest cash in a game if you didn't want to do it?? Strange how all of a sudden its illegal to invest cash in these games when they say it's optional. Also no one was forced to do it.

Now farm up sort of ticked me off, they actually made us invest cash into it. It was one of the quests to buy gold. Now that one I can see it being illegal.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Dec 28, 13 7:10 AM
cissyr1768 wrote:Putting cash into this is optional. Not against the law at all. Why would you invest cash in a game if you didn't want to do it?? Strange how all of a sudden its illegal to invest cash in these games when they say it's optional. Also no one was forced to do it.

Now farm up sort of ticked me off, they actually made us invest cash into it. It was one of the quests to buy gold. Now that one I can see it being illegal.

Cissy, I couldn't agree with you more! You know for 95% of the computer games out there, its illegal to play them if you DON'T pay for them (its called pirating otherwise), so I'm not sure where people can complain about "free to play" games.

Okay, first let me state for the record that I no longer play this game. I gave it up when the Christmas quest asking us to spend gold on bread came out. The game had been getting old and I didn't like how we were being asked to spend gold. Now that I've had a chance to reflect, let me offer my two cents.

This game was free to download and play right from the beginning so we knew going into it that there were going to be OPTIONAL goodies and bonuses that real money could buy for us. However, no one is forcing you to spend anything for this game. True, you may not be able to complete the Christmas quests without spending money (because of time restrictions) to accomplish some of them, but let me ask you a question.... WHERE DID THE DEVELOPERS EVER PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE CHRISTMAS QUESTS FOR FREE?

Seriously, I'm pretty sure there was no guarantee that the Thanksgiving or Christmas quests would be achievable by 100% of the people without spending any money. Actually, having had time to cool down and think about it, people who complain that they are being FORCED to spend money are wrong for the most part. If you are at level 20 or higher, you are CHOOSING to not be able to complete these quests. For every level you gain, you get 5 gold bars so there is the answer for needing gold bars. Also, you should have enough resources and coin to be able to earn several food (energy) items.

So, if you choose not to spend 12 hours a day playing this game, then that's YOUR FAULT and YOUR CHOICE (A choice I agree with by the way). So how is this false advertising (and thereby against the law)?

Simply put.... Its not. Either spend your money or don't. There, that's simple isn't it?

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 28, 13 9:06 AM
cissyr1768 wrote:Putting cash into this is optional. Not against the law at all. Why would you invest cash in a game if you didn't want to do it?? Strange how all of a sudden its illegal to invest cash in these games when they say it's optional. Also no one was forced to do it.

Why would it be illegal when they provided plenty of gold so players could skip that part?
Even if they didn't I don't see how it would be illegal, but I would probably see it as reason enough to quit playing, as I do with games that requires you to add "friends" but doesn't give you the means to add friends from the ppl already playing.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 28, 13 12:25 PM
Acashy wrote:

Why would it be illegal when they provided plenty of gold so players could skip that part?
Even if they didn't I don't see how it would be illegal, but I would probably see it as reason enough to quit playing, as I do with games that requires you to add "friends" but doesn't give you the means to add friends from the ppl already playing.

Luckily though the farm up game only cost me 79 cents for that little bit of gold. However I gave up on that game. It just wasn't that interesting to me. However to have it free to play then make the 2nd quest that people have to invest and buy gold, to me was pretty wrong. Luckily though we have not seen that at all with this game. I wouldn't have actually said it was illegal, just morally wrong to call it free when they pretty much made folks buy gold.

However ART has not done that and buying gold is optional.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Dec 28, 13 12:44 PM
JB4510 wrote:
april3850 wrote: while the game developers and its distributor, BFG, were fully aware of the fact that advertised rewards could not be obtained. It's called false advertising and it's against the law.

Can you give a specific example of a reward that could not be obtained?
Where was the quest to buy gold? I think I have done all the quests that I know about and I have never yet bought any gold! I have only needed to use gold I have earned by going up levels or completing achievements.
Please bear in mind that there is no time limit given by when achievements/ rewards must be obtained (e.g. for getting trophies in cities - there are still more cities to come, I think). The only time limits are on the seasonal quests and rewards, but on the whole these are optional extra fun.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 28, 13 3:04 PM
One example of a reward that could not be obtained is the one for completing all the buildings. That's impossible to do because some of the buildings are not even available.

Another one is the 15/17 Thanksgiving quests that I have and cant complete cause its over and I have tags all over the place saying "Item No Longer Available."

Go to: