orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 26, 13 6:36 AM
please post problems here .......

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 9:01:24 AM PST

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dark Angels: Masquerade of Sadows Here Only!!

[Post New]by brightwander on Dec 26, 13 8:00 AM
Bought game using PCC--went to play and got access violation twice the first time. Had to hard boot pc, deleted download, re-downloaded, went to play and got same error: access violation!!
This happened BEFORE the game had a chance to load. Deleted second download.
My advice: try the trial first before buying.

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dark Angels: Masquerade of Sadows Here Only!!

[Post New]by johanna9 on Dec 26, 13 8:34 AM
my game has suddenly started acting like a beta whereby it says thanks for playing and please fill out our survey, and it then shut down to BF game consol. What's up?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows Here Only!!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 9:03 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Great job orphaned for getting the tech thread started!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BoloMyDog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by BoloMyDog on Dec 26, 13 12:14 PM
johanna9 wrote:my game has suddenly started acting like a beta whereby it says thanks for playing and please fill out our survey, and it then shut down to BF game consol. What's up?

mine is doing the same thing too.......Whats the answer

mac1938123
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows Here Only!!

[Post New]by mac1938123 on Dec 26, 13 12:17 PM
I am at the old village scene where you put the items in the proper places in the wrecked cart. I have a gold coin. The hint points me to the pincushion. If I try to put the coin there it says try something else. There is nothing else. Second game I bought in 2 weeks with problem in game.

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Dec 26, 13 12:47 PM
still problem after reinstalling it, won't let me past the "thank you for playing, do our survey" thing. This is not a problem with my computer but with the game.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 1:34 PM
Hey there Everyone,

We have recently become aware of the issue in another thread HERE. I have escalated the issue to our engineering team so they can investigate the cause.

For those of you who haven't done so, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report which will help them troubleshoot the issue and figure out what's causing it to happen.

Thank you for your patience while we get this resolved.

bfgWendwater

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Dec 26, 13 2:36 PM
solution for "beta" problem, just change your name and start over, yuck but works

ecko
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ecko on Dec 26, 13 3:59 PM
Thank you, johanna9. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and using your suggestion, created a new player and it fixed the problem for me. If I try using my original profile, I still get the "thanks for demo" message, but after replaying what I had already played under a new name, it worked fine.

Hope this fix works for others as well.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 26, 13 5:24 PM
Ditto on the game ending mid-stream with the "thanks for demo" message.

I will do what others have suggested by uninstalling and reinstalling. Though I hate the idea of having to start the game from the beginning.

puzzlr
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlr on Dec 26, 13 8:01 PM
When I go back to the game after exiting, it starts over from the beginning every time.
Help - I'm so frustrated!@!

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 27, 13 3:50 AM
I didn't get that far!

The game froze up on me during the initial cut-scene when I tried to respond to the questions.

In view of all the other problems, I'll wait to see what happens before trying again.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 27, 13 1:56 PM
Thanks for posting that great information johanna9! This will definitely come in handy for many player until a fix is released. Great savvy work!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by alwaysplay on Dec 27, 13 2:30 PM
johanna9 wrote:my game has suddenly started acting like a beta whereby it says thanks for playing and please fill out our survey, and it then shut down to BF game consol. What's up?

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 27, 13 3:32 PM
Hope there is a "fix" for the beta window pop up which discontinues gameplay... this is such a great game; I definitely want to continue on knowing there is a permanent* solution. Thanks.

*I did notice there is an option for deleting/re-downloading; I just don't want to have to start all over again :}

[Post New]by SharBear078 on Dec 27, 13 7:02 PM
While playing the mini game in the cart I do not have the option to place a spout on the bellows as there is nothing left in my inventory to choose from. Has anyone run across this issue? The game is at a standstill for me as I need the bellows to complete the emblem for the church gate.

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Dec 28, 13 6:26 AM
keep getting access violation have to reboot and then game starts right at beginning again, tried all suggestions nothing works. I played the demo without any problems this keeps happening in newly purchased games and it is so frustrating please fix this problem asap. The problem is not with my computer

[Post New]by squareface on Dec 28, 13 6:14 PM
I was getting into the game and up pops this message thanks for playing and can you fill out a survey, is that it

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 1, 14 9:50 AM
Sample played fine...after purchasing, Game will not start (access violation error)
uninstalled and re installed 3 times no help. please fix or give a credit!

Go to: