bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 9:05 AM
Hey All!

What do you think of Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgWendwater

Edited Headline

Edited on 12/26/2013 at 1:24:14 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Reviews for Holiday Jigsaw Christmas

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 9:05 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 26, 13 10:53 AM
Wow, BigFish Wendwater!! You do realize that you're 'Thread' heading for Dark Angels is Holiday Jigsaw Christmas, right??? Hmmm. . .must've been some good eggnog, huh?!?

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Dec 26, 13 11:04 AM
LOL!!
I want what the mod is having too

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 26, 13 1:25 PM
Good Catch Robsim! I have gone ahead and fixed the subject line. It would seem that my browser's auto-fill feature is not my friend today. Need more coffee

bfgWendwater

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 26, 13 1:57 PM
Based on the demo.

This is a lackluster, early style adventure, with too many loose ends
and not enough substance. The graphics are boring, as is the sound
track. There is a lot of hand holding and a lot of explaining that is
unnecessary. Additionally there is a lag between scenes that makes the
game intolerable.

This is a no buy for me.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Dec 27, 13 3:08 PM

Yay! This is a FANTASTIC addition to BFG... it is absolutely AWESOME ~~ what a NICE SURPISE!

H0G fans and strictly 'casual' gamers may not have the patience or interest for this one... yet, for other gamers out there... strap in and get ready for take off!
Dark Angels: Masquerade of Shadows is not HUGELY challenging compared to boxed adventure, yet it is absolutely one of the best overall that I've played in quite a while and a rare genre for BFG.

So, thank you VERY much BFG (and devs) for offering us this cool action-packed, adventure-filled game with intrigue and excitement to be found around every turn... I would have paid even MORE for it (shhhhh... don't tell anyone in the accounting dept., haha).

Happy New Year to all!

PS: Forgot to mention that it is probably geared more toward the female gender.

~Fortunatus

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 28, 13 6:27 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It is not an easy game to play, but well worth the searching. It is more of adventure game, with a variety of HOGs included.

It is an action packed game with twists and turns at various locations. You need patience in order to play this game. It will use your grey cells.

Edited on 12/28/2013 at 6:28:04 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 28, 13 7:41 PM
Catching up on my pre-Christmas demos today. The graphics in this game aren't too bad, nice colors. Game play is good. Music is good, even changing with what is happening in the scene, which makes it more interesting. Very nice sound FX.

Not too many HOGs (disappointed), but clean and easy to find items. Puzzles were not difficult either. The voice overs left a lot to be desired and I didn't really care for "pick what you want to say or do next" in some scenes. Old school and silly to me.

That being said, I liked the story line and found myself wanting more when my demo time ran out. It is not all that challenging, but the game kept my interest and was fun. This is one of those lazy day games. Definitely using a credit on this one.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Dec 29, 13 4:49 PM
sorry, this one was just too slow moving for me. i didn't enjoy being a fashion designer (i'm supposedly in a hurry to get this collection put together for the delivery guy and that other employee just stands there, staring out the window and drinking coffee while i find paper, fix the copy machine and do other silly tasks??)
it also makes no sense to straighten out a piece of thread when there's thread laying around everywhere on spools.... just silly, no logic.
and feeding the cat when i finally got home... it was just all too... mundane... i guess, for me. seriously, i can't go into the other room to get something until i feed the stupid cat?

i didn't have any trouble with the game mechanics, but the puzzles were easy, the VOs could have used some improvement and i didn't care for the "choose what to do/say" thing...so, when the demo was done, so was i. there are other, better, SEs out there for my PCCs.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jan 2, 14 8:46 PM
Way too slow and boring for me. I did like the graphics but don't have the patience or interest for this one!! I could have liked it if it weren't so tedious,

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 3, 14 2:46 PM
CathyCatfish wrote: sorry, this one was just too slow moving for me. i didn't enjoy being a fashion designer (i'm supposedly in a hurry to get this collection put together for the delivery guy and that other employee just stands there, staring out the window and drinking coffee while i find paper, fix the copy machine and do other silly tasks??)
it also makes no sense to straighten out a piece of thread when there's thread laying around everywhere on spools.... just silly, no logic.
and feeding the cat when i finally got home... it was just all too... mundane... i guess, for me. seriously, i can't go into the other room to get something until i feed the stupid cat?

i didn't have any trouble with the game mechanics, but the puzzles were easy, the VOs could have used some improvement and i didn't care for the "choose what to do/say" thing...so, when the demo was done, so was i. there are other, better, SEs out there for my PCCs.

I'm pretty certain that was a customer waiting in the waiting room looking out the window... I believe the game may have made reference to that as well.

Go to: