Can't get the Bridle

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Can't get the Bridle

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Dec 26, 13 1:30 PM
I can't seem to get the bridle for the horse there's nothing I can click on to zoom into the train to get it

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Can't get the Bridle

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 26, 13 1:46 PM
SPOILER

Hi PirateGirl212,

I'm a bit confused here, because you don't need a bridle for the horse. It's wearing a broken harness which you'll need to cut off as it'll be needed elsewhere soon. It says you need to calm the horse down and you'll soon find what it is you need to effect this also.

LittleWren
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LittleWren on Dec 26, 13 5:06 PM
Then the Strategy Guide is obviously from a different build. It clearly states to take the bridle from one of the reindeer at the front of the train, then to put it on the horse, later. Good to know we didn't need it and had to wait for an update. Thanks, Tiger2010!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 27, 13 3:17 AM
SPOILER AHEAD

You're welcome, LittleWren.

My curiosity got the better of me and I replayed and you are right, the SG must be from a previous build. You can't click on the bridle and it's not needed.

What's even funnier is that when the train finally moves off, those red harnesses have disappeared from the reindeer.

Very naughty when developers fail to correct this from the final game. It'll no doubt make many people think there is a glitch.

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Dec 27, 13 4:17 AM
Thanks Tiger2010 for the help yeah good to know I don't need it.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 27, 13 7:06 AM
You're very welcome, Pirategirl212. Hope you enjoy the rest of this great game!

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Dec 27, 13 7:26 AM
Just thought I would say thanks to all of you for posting your problems and solutions.
I was also trying to get the bridle. I said to myself lets see if anyone else is having the same problem. So glad to know it is not another glitch. Happy New Year everyone.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Dec 27, 13 7:38 AM
Me too. I've moved the train and still haven't got the bridle. SO how do we calm the horse? Thought he might like the hay but that has a green cross so was looking for a nose bag which seemed to be logical. Now, who said anything is logical in these games?

Happy New Year All.

Elirana

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 27, 13 8:19 AM
SPOILER

Hi Elirana,

The hay is combined with something else which you'll need after you've calmed the horse. The horse is calmed by feeding it *something from the cafe inside the station*.

Happy New Year to you and everyone also!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 8:07 PM
Just popping in to say I peeked at the SG too and it confused me with the bridle as well. I just thought I'd keep going to see how far I could get without the bridle and when the train pulled away I had a suspicion I wouldn't be needing it! I thought I was about to be stuck!

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Dec 27, 13 9:54 PM
I am glad to hear that you do not need to use that Bridle. I even uninstalled & installed the game to see if I could get this Bridle & no luck there either. I even started over to play the game again & still no Bridle..lol. So I guess when I go to the horse I do nothing then or do I?? Thank you very much for the info.

Happy New Years to All!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 27, 13 10:00 PM
Wolfpupscvc wrote:I am glad to hear that you do not need to use that Bridle. I even uninstalled & installed the game to see if I could get this Bridle & no luck there either. I even started over to play the game again & still no Bridle..lol. So I guess when I go to the horse I do nothing then or do I?? Thank you very much for the info.

Happy New Years to All!
You do have to use an item on the horse, just not the bridle. Highlight the text between the arrows below with your cursor if you want a spoiler:
>You use a basket of apples.<

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 27, 13 10:50 PM
WilJul - what did you think of the 'other' we found when we discovered the apples? I almost laughed my pants off... now I want one just like it!!!

[Post New]by grizzly3159 on Dec 28, 13 2:10 PM
where do i get the apples?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 29, 13 12:15 AM
SPOILER

Hi Grizzly3159,

They are under the *serving platter in the Cafe (door to the left inside the station)*

[Post New]by 2beaggrrls on Jan 1, 14 8:28 AM
Ok, I didn't get the bridle and according to the posts thats OK. However, I've done everything including calming the hourse and I can't go further. Just keep being told I can't go wandering around town. I uninstalled and re installed but still am stuck since the horse won't move to the next location.

[Post New]by midwife5 on Jan 2, 14 9:53 AM
Did you get the prescription from John?? I couldn't move either, so I went back and found that John had a prescription for the medicine and then I could move forward.

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on Jan 2, 14 10:00 AM
I had same problem after making a few wrong turns I decided to skip the bridle and try something else. eventually I did make it through, but only after being led around by the nose using the hint button.

[Post New]by debnap on Jan 2, 14 11:58 AM
Thanks for the help

[Post New]by 2beaggrrls on Jan 3, 14 3:37 PM
Thanks Midwife, that was it. Funny though the hint arrow just kept saying to go down the street.

Go to: