kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Question on Runes & Labryinths

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Dec 26, 13 1:45 PM
Do people use their crystals to get the beast runes (red shells, etc) or is there some other way to get these. I have bought (with gold) some of the kits, but rarely get the red ones.

elena516
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Question on Runes & Labryinths

[Post New]by elena516 on Dec 26, 13 2:22 PM
I would not buy the runes kit for crystals, they're way too expensive, and you don't know if you will get the specific rune you need (probably not)...

GypsyQueen1
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by GypsyQueen1 on Dec 26, 13 4:14 PM
Every time I leveled up I would buy 1 kit of each for 9,000 coins each and I get the small kits sometimes when I am searching. Little by little I have built up a decent supply. But don't waste your crystals buying kits. Over a short period of time I realized that every third purchase gave me some of the runes I really needed so now I buy 3 kits of each every time I level up!

merrel12
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by merrel12 on Dec 27, 13 10:02 AM
I never buy kits with crystals, you get plenty just by exploring or can get a large kit for 9,000 in the worst case

missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by missmoose on Dec 27, 13 1:52 PM
I think GipsyQueen's advice is a very good one.
At any rate it's way more wise than what I have done in desperate times, namely, buy the rune kits with game coins (never real money or diamonds, mind you), when I had plenty of coins. I mean "compulsively buying kits till I got THE ONE rune or went from having plenty gold to being desperately poor in a second. Sometimes I got the rune I wanted, but not always.
At one time I recall I had like 200 pieces of some runes and well above 100 of the rest, and not a single one of the one I needed. go figure. but that's my fault, of course, because at one time i thought i had so many i could stop buying somewhat regularly to refill, and when i saw i ran out of one and others went dangerously low, so i had all troubles again.
Anyway, now I try not to indulge in overbuying the kits, I usually get 1 or 2 kits for each price range (9000, 6000, 3000), less if i find the right rune, and if i don't i abandon the maze till it refreshes by itself. I finally learned it's not worth the trouble and the money. And I try not to allow any rune go too low (if i have the money to replenish it, which sometimes i don't), because i think when we have enough of them all what we get from the kits comes more evenly distributed.

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Dec 28, 13 10:28 AM
Thank you for the advice. I haven't bought any kits for crystals, just use my gold coins. I wasn't sure if there was another way to get the runes.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Dec 29, 13 1:09 AM
Good advice missmoose and Gypsy Queen. I have been trying to get a specific rune to continue with both the pink dragon and the blue dragon (same rune - drat). I have been unsuccessful after several purchases with coins, and am now broke with no possibility of getting to either dragon. I guess I need to relax about the whole thing. Progress in this game seems to be slow and tomorrow is another day....

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Dec 31, 13 2:37 AM
I discovered Gypsy Queen's advice the hard way! Now I buy runes for gold when I level up or when I have been playing for a long period and have plenty off gold. I limit myself based on total coins that I have. I got in the habit of buying Mayan & Beast runes consistently. Also, since there is no penalty for opening the Mayan rune, I am in the habit of opening it and checking my rune count and total. I plot my route from the ending to the start. That way I use the least runes especially those black or blue runes. If I have to buy runes I check my budget. I see what I can buy. If I can't finish entire board, I don't start. I don't waste runes. The dragon with those beast runes I do different. I don't want to waste the keys needed with the blue or red dragons. I have a couple thousand pink dragon eggs from routine playing. I open the pink dragon labryinth to check rune count before doing blue or red dragons. I check rune count and see if I have to buy any. I find the beast runes to be the hardest to keep an adequate number of the colored runes.

msradar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by msradar on Dec 31, 13 10:57 AM
How do you get past trees in dragon labryinths?

elena516
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by elena516 on Dec 31, 13 11:56 AM
You have to feed them just like the dragon, a tree requires 200 foods so you can feed him with a dragon fruit and a flaming pudding (the first two, which are free and recharges with time). In Icy Caverns and Flaming Depths you can find also dryads (400 food) and unicorns (600 food), they all work the same.

msradar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by msradar on Jan 1, 14 8:07 AM
Thanks so much elena516. Am new to this, so all help appreciated.

Go to: