level 5-2

[Post New]by yokutwoman on Dec 27, 13 1:00 PM
I know that this has been posted before. I have printed it out and have it in front of me and can still not get pass this level and it is going on 2 weeks now. HELP PLEASE.
What is the color cyan?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:level 5-2

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 27, 13 7:23 PM
Welcome to the pond, yokutwoman

Cyan is the light blue color. Festclick posted several Zenerchi videos on the "you" site (it's that site that has lots of videos, can't post URLs here, unfortunately)--do a search for Zenerchi and they should come up. I can't remember if he did one of 5-2. The secret to playing this game well is making a lot of bigger matches, 4 or 5 tiles of the same color and incorporating the blockers into the M4s or M5s if at all possible. The blockers get reinforced later in the game so making simple match 3s isn't really effective, but bigger matches clear the blockers a lot faster. Also you have to pay attention to the black spaces (gaps) that appear around the blockers and use the gaps to slide tiles around for setups. Hope that helps...I'd have to replay the game to give a more detailed strategy.

[Post New]by yokutwoman on Dec 29, 13 2:06 PM
[u]There is no way to win this level !!!
Okay with that said and out of my system.
Thanks for the tips but i still am having so much trouble. I did go online for the Zenerchi tips on youtube and of course they have 5-3 and 5-4 but no luck with 5-2.
What is hanging me up is when the blockers show up again after getting rid of them with 3 matches.
But i have been able to get 2 colors completed before i was out of time.
Question when i do get blast they have been up at the top of the ring, should i bring them down to the middle.
I just can not seem to make that many 4-5 title matches.
Off to make a pot of coffee

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 29, 13 7:28 PM
Zenerchi's quite a challenging game. I found it harder than many M3s, but it is completeable. I checked this level out and the blockers require either two M3s each or one larger (M4 or M5) match to clear. My strategy is as follows...unfortunately I'm not as talented as festclick is at doing videos, so hopefully the text won't be too confusing!

Chip away at some of the blockers in the middle part of the tube early on. This typically takes several M3s until a few free columns open up, allowing more setups to be made. While doing this, large gaps will open up in the upper center parts of the tube. Also pay attention to the spots where there are two of the same color blocker paired up at different ring levels because you want to slide a matching tile(s) in between those to clear/weaken them together. Use the large gaps in the upper center to slide tiles out of the way as they're coming up from the center if they are not the right color to match the paired blockers, or to drop tiles on top of other blockers for setups. To make a larger match, you have to drop a non-matching color in the middle of what will become an M4 or M5 stack, drop in the rest of the stack on top of that, and rotate in the match from another column. I was not able to create many bursts until most of the lower part of the tube was free.

Eventually a good part of the center will be cleared out and the bursts will be up at the top of the tube. At this point you can either fill in the color cylinders, or work on clearing out the rest of the blockers at the top of the tube and elsewhere with either the bursts or making more setups. It's not necessary to remove the top blockers or even all the blockers at the bottom, just helps a lot if you want the expert score award. If you don't care about getting the extra bonuses, just make sure that you have at least one free column over every color cylinder so your matches will count in that sector because blockers stop even the "good" matches from counting into the cylinder if you match somewhere where there is a blocker over the center.

Using the gaps to slide/drop tiles efficiently takes a lot of practice, but it is a critical part of the game to master in order to even play the upper levels, as the blockers eventually become super reinforced and there isn't enough time to just make M3s on them in the second half of the game. Good luck!

[Post New]by yokutwoman on Dec 31, 13 2:39 PM
I DID IT !!!
But of course i had to promise my first born to the Zenerchi gods.
Thanks for the help.
I love this game !!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 31, 13 6:44 PM
Congratulations! But, I hope the Zenerchi gods won't take you up on that offer.

[Post New]by AngW0522 on Mar 10, 14 12:51 PM
I finally got an expert score (6005) - it took me about two weeks of trying. I won't tell you total estimated hours, because that's too embarrassing, I don't even want to know. I'm not sure how helpful I can be because I worked so fast, but I'll give you as much info as I can. Like a couple of others said - I reversed my usual strategy and first went exclusively to eliminate all blockers at the center, focusing on as many matches of four as possible. Don't bother trying to come up with matches of five at the beginning, it's a waste of time.

As soon as I could move around, I focused on clearing all blockers, but tried to use as few bursts as possible. Once you know you can fairly easily finish this level, the trick to getting an expert score, I finally realized, is to get as many bonus points as possible. I cleared all blockers and had a bunch of unused bursts.

Hope that's helpful. This game is addicting!

Go to: