susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 8, 12 4:45 PM
Wow you guys are amazing! So much happened today!
Kudos to those who put the pics together!

So we have MCF 9 The House that Wasn't There right?

(A special shout out to those fishies who are feeling ill..hope you get better soon!)

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 8, 12 4:45 PM
Wow, I leave for a couple of days and the clues just explode!

Awesome job all you fishies!! Now to ponder the meaning of everything... and eagerly await the next clue!

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 8, 12 4:56 PM
Alright class, are you ready for your progress report?

On Sunday night, I led you to the correct guesses of our first 3 puzzles. Since then, we've given you more puzzles but no additional feedback.

Well, here's a list of folks whose posts you might want to keep a close eye on:

bri_rose1978
ccalvert2007
dogmama
dzzzy
Enamorte
Eoarod
govols2
Laura29
Mr_Russ
Purplerabbit
samspunker

Now, these aren't the only ones who have been on the right track (there's simply not enough room to list everyone!) but this group has been among the first to correct solve the 6 puzzles we've given you. They've also (at times) been on the right track in their speculation.

The only question that remains is who has guessed what correctly? That's for you to figure out.

-Hondo

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 8, 12 4:58 PM
Theres something bugging me about "The House that Wasn't There" part of that cube but cant quite put my finger on it.

We know MCF 9 is called Shadow Lake (Or is it actually MCF 10 after The Malgrave Incident for the Wii??? The X would make more sense here)

Well its 1 am here in the UK, and i have to be up early for work (and cant check the website until later ) so hopefully we will have some answers tomorrow Fishies.

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Nov 8, 12 5:02 PM
Wait...

there's a possibility I'm right in some of my speculating?

I think I'm in shock. I mean, I knew I'd managed to solve that one puzzle (with a LOT of help from everyone else and with susanszy getting it at almost the same time), but to think I might be right in some of my speculating... that's just... wow.

I feel so flattered!!

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 5:05:04 PM PST

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 8, 12 5:06 PM
Hondo wrote:Alright class, are you ready for your progress report?

On Sunday night, I led you to the correct guesses of our first 3 puzzles. Since then, we've given you more puzzles but no additional feedback.

bri_rose1978
ccalvert2007
dogmama
dzzzy
Enamorte
Eoarod
govols2
Laura29
Mr_Russ
Purplerabbit
samspunker

Now, these aren't the only ones who have been on the right track (there's simply not enough room to list everyone!) but this group has been among the first to correct solve the 6 puzzles we've given you. They've also (at times) been on the right track in their speculation.

The only question that remains is who has guessed what correctly? That's for you to figure out.

-Hondo

Woah, I think i'm in shock!!! I may have actually solved a puzzle & i'm speculating in the right direction!

So happy coz its my 1st year speculating! Now, if only i KNEW which thing(s) were right.....

Of course, it wouldnt be half as fun without everyone else

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 8, 12 5:07 PM
bri_rose1978 wrote:Wait...

there's a possibility I'm right in some of my speculating?

I think I'm in shock. I mean, I knew I'd managed to solve that one puzzle (with a LOT of help from everyone else and with susanszy getting it at almost the same time), but to think I might be right in some of my speculating... that's just... wow.

I feel so flattered!!

Congrats, I've just been here to entertain the masses

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 8, 12 5:08 PM
Nite ccal!

Thanks to those who completed the puzzle & gave us the answer!! My brother was in a motorcycle acct 6 weeks ago & is still 90% laid up....so....I figured it would be a lovely task for him! Printed the pieces & handed the sheets over to him - telling him only it's a cube & not what the words should read...

See? MCF - it's occupational therapy too!!

I'm off to pick up dinner - wish I could stay and ponder Hondo's latest hint! Y'all will have it solved by the time I get back!!

I'll update my at a glance clues on pg. 30 tonight after we've put a few more pieces of the big puzzle together!!!

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 5:13:09 PM PST

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 8, 12 5:10 PM
'Nite all! Congratulations to all the super sleuths!!! Hope everyone under the weather starts feeling good soon.

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 8, 12 5:10 PM
oooooooo! I'm on the list! I wonder what what I did?

I had a thought. In addition to keeping track of the typos, maybe we should also keep track of the correct letters too. So we have Y O U and A C O. Probably nothing, but just a thought.

Also, remember the doc that was always mentioned by picman? Someone said it could be Department Of Corrections. Protect your digits could refer to fingers, toes or numbers. Maybe the offender's number? Or file number?

It is so foggy here that 4 hours after sunrise I can still barely see across the street. When I walked outside I thought Shadow Lake is here!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 8, 12 5:14 PM
Shocked to be on the list!

Anyway, bedtime for hard-sleuthing bunnies. It's gone 1am yet again and the baby will not let me have a lie-in. See you on the 9th!

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 8, 12 5:17 PM
Great job fishies

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 8, 12 5:22 PM
Standing fin flap and kudos to you fishies!!!!!!!!!!!! Now....what did you all have in common, hmmmm????

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 8, 12 5:23 PM
cadfael wrote:Borderblaze, I'm pretty sure it's the first Ravenhearst.

Thanks. Been a long time since I played that one. All I remember is having to do a lot jigsaw type puzzles.

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 8, 12 5:33 PM
Hondo wrote:Alright class, are you ready for your progress report?

bri_rose1978
ccalvert2007
dogmama
dzzzy
Enamorte
Eoarod
govols2
Laura29
Mr_Russ
Purplerabbit
samspunker

-Hondo

YAY!!! I'm fourth on the list. Since I largely speculate about solutions to puzzles(and a bit of meta commenting on how to solve puzzles) you fishies should be able to cross check my answers against the others. And the other's speculation against each others. Yay!!!

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 8, 12 5:46 PM
I just have to say, hats off to the fishes who have found the time to complete each puzzle and were mentioned by hondo.
I've been on countless class trips this month (apparently I can't count to two) plus home life, friends, schoolwork and odd jobs (working at the costume shop is awesome but it's only open in October) and really bad weather has made it difficult for me to make my usual daily posts, or those who were here in the first few pages of this thread, my minutely posts

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 8, 12 5:56 PM
Like the others, shocked to be on the list. But I think we all know that it's not a few people who are solving things, but it is the whole group since everyone comes together to figure things out .

All.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 8, 12 6:27 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:Completed cube posted under Photos of Mystery Case Files on https://www.facebook.com/mysterycasefiles/photos

Thank you so much Purple

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 8, 12 6:36 PM
Would anyone mind listing the 6 puzzles we've solved along with our most likely solutions? It would be a nice kind of recap for everyone, and other fishies who weren't able to keep up with today. Thanks.

ETA- We could also use some updates to our clue and theory lists. Thanks again!

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 6:37:35 PM PST

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 8, 12 6:37 PM
Well I'm feeling really tired tonight so I'll sign off for now. Good all see you in the .

Go to: