Chapter 9

[Post New]by Tinkerpep on Dec 27, 13 6:56 PM
I am almost finished but cannot find last oratory level 6. I can't go on without it. I have restarted and still come to this same place. Nothing nada

Re:Chapter 9

[Post New]by bbdowns124 on Dec 28, 13 9:46 AM
same problem here plus I haven't been able to find the last healing weed - probably after opening the altar that requires oratory lvl 6...

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Dec 28, 13 10:37 AM
After achieving oratory level 4, find 3 beehives to get honeycomb cells, then give the shaman in the middle area honeycomb cells for an oratory stone.
And, pay 200 bricks at the altar in beehive area for the other oratory stone.

All healing herbs can be found at oratory level 2.

[Post New]by bbdowns124 on Dec 29, 13 7:30 PM
Searched everywhere - no luck.
stats:
speed = 9
strength = 4
oratory = 5

contents of bag:
5 cocoa beans
4 healing herbs
3 honey combs

I've searched this map til I fell asleep - nothing!

[Post New]by jandira123 on Dec 30, 13 11:19 AM
I am missing 1 (one!!) gold, so can't finish off

Is there any hidden treasure somewhere?

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 1, 14 7:04 PM
OK - There are 6 Oratory Stones:

1. Last chamber in the upper level of the cave in the main area (accessed by yellow teleport gate) after you pay the Altar
2. On the left-most plateau in the ravine area accessed by rope brige
3. On the right-most plateau in the ravine area accessed by stone bridge
(now you should be able to pay Altar of Mist and get the last honeycomb)
4. After paying the altar in the Ravine
5. From Recluse Shaman Tlexzictli after returning with the honeycombs
6. The last survivor at the end

Edited on 01/01/2014 at 7:25:59 PM PST

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 1, 14 7:19 PM
There's at least 219 gold on this level including secrets -- there's at least 211 in piles and pots without finding any of the secrets

*Piles and pots between the Silver Mine and Altar of Mist in the main area (8 = 8 total)
* Secret pile of gold by the bottom yellow teleporter gate (2 = 10 total)
* Piles and pots on the plateau by the top yellow teleporter gate (8 = 18 total)
* Secret pile under rock by the Altrs in the first cave (2 = 20 total)
* Pots and piles in both levels the first cave (119 = 139 total)
* Pots by Recluse Shaman Tlexzictli (8 = 147 total)
* Secret pile under rock by Tlexictli (2 = 149 total)
* Pot behind repaired Totem next to Tlexictli and the purple teleport gate (2 = 151 total)
* Piles & pots by the Altar of Mist in the extended area (10 = 161 total)
* Pile & pot on the first left plateau in the Ravine area (4 = 165 total)
* Piles & pots on the second left plateau in the Ravine (14 = 179 total)
* Pile & pot on the second right plateau in the Ravine (2 = 181 total)
* Secret pile under funky tree at the bottom of the stone staircase in the Ravine (2 = total 183)
* Piles & pots on the floor of the Ravine (20 = 203 total)
* Pots in the final (burning) area next to Shaman Matlal and the Altar of Mist (16 = total 219)

Edited on 01/01/2014 at 7:31:31 PM PST

[Post New]by bbdowns124 on Jan 3, 14 4:36 PM
Thanks mate!

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Jan 4, 14 4:51 PM
sipason wrote:After achieving oratory level 4, find 3 beehives to get honeycomb cells, then give the shaman in the middle area honeycomb cells for an oratory stone.
And, pay 200 bricks at the altar in beehive area for the other oratory stone.

All healing herbs can be found at oratory level 2.

I have the three honeycombs but the Recluse won't talk to me.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 4, 14 5:52 PM
I'm not on that level right now, but here are some things to check when someone won't talk to you

Have you received the quest? You can sometimes pick up items ahead of time, but you can't talk to the person to get the quest until you've done something else that triggers the dialogue.

Do you have items in your bag and a check mark on the quest box indicating the task is complete?

Are you trying to give him what he asked for? Sometimes there's another step that must be done by another person beforehand.

Is there a second task in his quest that you might not have fulfilled yet? If someone asks for two things, you can't talk to them again until you have both parts even if you have all of the first part.

Is someone else waiting to talk to you? Some quests/tasks have a higher priority than others. You may have been able to talk to Person B while you had an open task with Person A, but Task B is more important (for some reason) and must be finished before you can talk to Person A again. Person A's speech bubble won't even trigger until you talk to Person B and complete the task.

Is the speech bubble red? Red speech bubbles can occur if you don't have a required item/ability level, and when you're being attacked.

Were you being attacked at the time? You can't have any dialogues while being attacked.

Edited on 01/04/2014 at 5:56:30 PM PST

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Jan 4, 14 6:51 PM
Thanks for all that info, Wolverine.

The main problem is that I'm missing the final Oratory stone. I followed the link that was given above which lists all the places they are located, and I went back to the first few places, but then it says you have to give the honeycombs to the Recluse to get another stone, and that's where I get stuck.

Does anyone know what the complete quest is? is it three honeycombs and something else? Is it more than three honeycombs?

It's frustrating that you can't see the quest. Unless you can and I'm just missing it.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 5, 14 7:08 AM
I just went back and replayed the level.

The only items in the Honeycomb Quest are the 3 honeycombs and he should give you an oratory stone when you return with them.

The only quests beforehand are the initial Keeper quest for the manuscript, and the Healing Herb Quest from him and you don't get Honeycomb quest until you finish that one. You can't progress past the Altar of Mist by the purple gate teleport without all the oratory stones, so you shouldn't have any other active quests or dialogues open because everyone else is still hidden in the mist.

I did a bunch of things trying to get in the state you're in, but couldn't. The only way I can get stuck right around there is if I forget to pick up one of the 3 oratory stones in valley.

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Jan 5, 14 10:49 PM
I will try it again. Thanks.

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Jan 6, 14 10:39 PM
I played the level over and did not have a problem this time. Don't know why, I'm just glad to move on.

I even got Gold! (In Easy mode. Ha.)

Thanks for your input, Wolverine.

Edited on 01/06/2014 at 10:40:12 PM PST

Go to: