LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Post your Dream Hills: Captured Magic Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by LKlimo on Dec 28, 13 3:23 AM
I downloaded demo and it will not play because I get an error message that says "cannot find bass.dll". Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited on 12/28/2013 at 11:26:07 AM PST

Re:Technical Issue

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 28, 13 4:35 AM
Here no problems. Try uninstall and install again. Succes!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 28, 13 4:37 AM
The game played fine for me. If you want to fix this, type "bass.dll" into a search engine. I always use Yahoo UK. One site came up with the heading: "Instantly fix bass.dll error".

I am not saying I recommend download whatever it is that will help, but have a look at the site.

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Dec 28, 13 6:56 AM
Thank you, Valdy, but it didn't work. I'll keep searching.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 28, 13 11:24 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting up the tech thread LKlimo!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Post your Dream Hills: Captured Magic Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 28, 13 12:11 PM
Same problem, cannot find bass dll....

[Post New]by sethhenschen on Dec 28, 13 12:42 PM
I press the button for the puppet theater and nothing happens = the help button says to push button and I can't advance any futher

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 28, 13 2:34 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry some of you are getting those bass.dll errors.

This is a very specific error and I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look and provide some troubleshooting steps to help get that fixed.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

access error message using hint after three jewel lock

[Post New]by lady_elzbet on Dec 29, 13 2:51 PM
I have returned to the castle door to open the three jewel lock and if I use hint anytime after that an error message comes up that shuts down the game. I tried it on different computers all with the same response. Anyone experiencing this?

[Post New]by sarahstinson on Dec 30, 13 12:52 AM
I have opened the entrance to the wolfs house but can not open the steal gate. It seems to have froze. Am I missing something? Please help as I really like this game and would love to go on.

pasthymes1
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by pasthymes1 on Dec 30, 13 3:58 AM
i have same problem at castle jewel lock. i have uninstalled/reinstalled. still crashes same way. can"t finish game!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 30, 13 9:44 AM
I keep getting access violation messages. I thought I had solved the problem by playing as administrator, but that only worked for about 1/2 an hour.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 30, 13 12:52 PM
I'm up to the point where I am standing in front of Snow White's house and the cable car. When I click the hint button, the screen always freezes and never comes back into play. The second time, it went into an access violation error box and I was able to exit the game from windows. However I've had to hard reboot 3 times now. Guess I better just keep digging around for what I'm supposed to do next rather than ask for a hint here. lol

I use Windows XP

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 30, 13 12:54 PM
sarahstinson wrote:I have opened the entrance to the wolfs house but can not open the steal gate. It seems to have froze. Am I missing something? Please help as I really like this game and would love to go on.

Comparing your problem and mine, I think they have a glitch in their hint button programming.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Dec 30, 13 1:39 PM
SilverBranch wrote:I'm up to the point where I am standing in front of Snow White's house and the cable car. When I click the hint button, the screen always freezes and never comes back into play. The second time, it went into an access violation error box and I was able to exit the game from windows. However I've had to hard reboot 3 times now. Guess I better just keep digging around for what I'm supposed to do next rather than ask for a hint here. lol

I use Windows XP

Same here...I'm running widows 8

[Post New]by mbrobertson on Dec 30, 13 2:23 PM
sarahstinson wrote:I have opened the entrance to the wolfs house but can not open the steal gate. It seems to have froze. Am I missing something? Please help as I really like this game and would love to go on.

I am having the exact same issue. Have had no problems or errors up to this point. When I click the hint button it just uses the hint, but does nothing. Really hope there is a fix because I was thoroughly enjoying the game up until this point.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

access error message using hint after three jewel lock

[Post New]by _DD_ on Dec 30, 13 3:44 PM
lady_elzbet wrote:I have returned to the castle door to open the three jewel lock and if I use hint anytime after that an error message comes up that shuts down the game.

Same problem here, on a Win7-64 bit desktop PC.

And when looking at the other messages here, it seems indeed like the hint button or system stops working at some point in the game.

So, BFG, are you working on this with the Dev's? Some update would be much appreciated, as I'd really prefer to continue with the game than getting a refund!

Thanks in advance.

- btw, for Windows-users, when the game crashes, try ctr-alt-delete to get to the Task Manager and thus to the error-window, which is "active in the background", so to speak; it's an access-error violation, trying to write-whatever. -

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 31, 13 3:11 AM
pasthymes1 wrote:i have same problem at castle jewel lock. i have uninstalled/reinstalled. still crashes same way. can"t finish game!

Me too. And I'm really enjoying this game so its a real shame.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 31, 13 3:29 AM
I've just reinstalled the game and so far, so good. Got through the spot where it was crashing.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Dec 31, 13 3:32 AM
janspack wrote:I've just reinstalled the game and so far, so good. Got through the spot where it was crashing.

Spoke too soon, crashed again when I went to use the hint button. I tried again and got a bit further but as soon as I used the hint, got the access violation message again.

Go to: