missmoose
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Suggestion for new agreement

[Post New]by missmoose on Dec 28, 13 5:12 AM
Please put up your vote on this, so that we all can come to a new agreement about the Ore, Flint, Dew gifting.

It seems to me, after reading a number of posts here in the forum, that most of the high (say, above level 100?) and very high level (say, above 150?) players don't need as many Ore and Flint as they used to in the past. I won't even mention the Dew, which by the time of the gifting agreement we had before was already in surplus (like, over 1000) by most high players, who then decided by Ore and Flints only.

The situation has changed in the meantime, though, and I have read some posts that led me to think even Ores and Flints might no longer be of essence at high or at least at very high levels.

I can tell tell that even having so many neighbors, I can hardly come to any lack of them in the near future, even helping every creatures requiring them.

So I'd like to suggest we find another agreement, one that can fit in the easiness of gifting as well as in the usefulness. With that I mean, with the "gifting code" actually in place, once we were done with gifting the artifacts we had or could spare or free artifact charges, one could speed up the gifting process making a bulk gift of, say, Thorium Ore for everyone who didn't get something before, as long as we still had free gifts available (which by the end was anyway not always the case, since most of us have way more neighbors than free gifts).

Now, whatever we come to agree upon, should also be something we could gift in bulk. Nobody wants to add even more work to the already cumbersome and time-consuming process of visiting and gifting. If we make it more difficult (like, if one has to analyse neighbor by neighbor, it's likely not going to happen, most won't have the time or the will to cope with the added trouble, so let's discuss the possibilities and decide on something reasonable for all).

So, fellow fishies and dear neighbors, let the discussions begin! Post your considerations on the subject and your votes.

Re:Suggestion for new agreement

[Post New]by ttaravision on Dec 28, 13 6:31 AM
I don't think we need a set instruction list. It takes the fun out of gifting. I don't mind what I get from neighbors, especially since there are only 100 freebies. Mine are almost all used up by the time I go through wishlists. So I randomly choose people after that. I don't want gifting to be "work". This game is supposed to be just for fun.

Turicella
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Turicella on Dec 28, 13 6:51 AM
I am at level 147 and need always ore and flint. Every gift I get is welcome!
For me gifting is easy because I have "only" +/- 80 neighbours. I go through the wishlist, give what I can, and all others get ore or flint.
This works fine for me. If anybody does not like what I gift, he/she can write me and I will see what I can do.
So I don't need any rules about this.

elena516
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by elena516 on Dec 28, 13 7:15 AM
I have about 80 neighbours so I don't have troubles with gifting at the moment,
I usually go through every neighbour giving freebies when requested, backpack items if I have them, then flints/ore for everyone.
Every gift I get is welcomed and I still need flints and ore sometimes because the several expeditions going on lately require more and more dragon food (which is way too expensive to buy in the store)
But everything you decide is ok for me, everything comes in handy sooner or later in this game (except for the red noses and the amethyst figurines lol)

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Dec 28, 13 7:22 AM
I always need magic dust, energy of fire, and the atom to build useful artifacts. I am only at level 35, so not sure if this changes later.

If there is a suggestion for gifts for people over 100, that would be helpful.

Also, I am not sure if I should gift, if people have nothing on their wishlist.

Turicella
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Turicella on Dec 28, 13 7:39 AM
Hi kiki, if I have nothing on my wishlist, I am happy if you gift ore or flint.

GypsyQueen1
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by GypsyQueen1 on Dec 28, 13 8:19 AM
I am happy with whatever I get, I try to keep my wishlist updated. I always need the charges ( magic dust, atoms, energy of fire, etc.) to assemble. I can tell you the things I don't need are peacock feathers, berries, gerbera (sp) flowers, and dew I have over 3,000 of each!! Blessings and Happy Holidays to all. Linda

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 28, 13 9:11 AM
I agree with Gypsy, I'm happy with whatever I get. I have 96 neighbors and lucky if I get 50 gifts back. I gift everyone any way. I can always use ores and flints.

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Dec 28, 13 9:37 AM
The best solution of course, is for everyone to keep up with their wishlist. Then if you don't have something for them, give flints and ores.

I try to keep my wishlist current but I never have enough flints and ores. Like GQ I have enough refreshing dew, peacock feathers, dragon eggs, berries and flowers to last forever. More than anything I am grateful for anything because you took the time to send it!

[Post New]by namealreadyinuse on Dec 28, 13 12:09 PM
Please don't misunderstand me (aka missmoose) on that, I'm the last one to complain about any gift. I know by myself that many times for someone to get a gift whatever it might be, someone else had to go without that day, so I appreciate every gift I get, when I get it.

The reason who brought me to start this post was that by reading other posts in the forum I came to the impression that MAYBE some people I have been giving Ore and Flints don't really need them anymore, for having hundreds if not thousands of them. So either I should give something else, more useful, or save those Ores and Flints for those who really need it.

I know that all my neighbors are just too sweet to complain about the gifts they get, even if I'm giving them something "wrong", so I thought this discussion would be a good chance to re-think about what do you really like to get when your wishlist is empty. Are the artifact charges the new Ores? Or is there something else?

And by the way, I'd also like to add (for the case the developers DO listen) that it would be nice to have a little time between quests, because the way it is now we rarely get any of our "regular" creatures to feed, like unicorns & co. for example. They are still there, I know, and I even noticed that their presence improved considerably in comparison to other past quests, but it would be nice to get a few days without the "quest creatures" in neighbors territories, just the regular ones. And talk about that, if someone finishes the quest quickly, they are gone, but if it takes longer, or if someone doesn't take the quest at all, they stay there for the whole duration of the quest, and as soon as the quest time is over, next day we get the next one. And what about the players in beginning levels, and their quests demanding interaction with "regular" creatures? Just some food for thought.

Edited on 12/28/2013 at 12:10:17 PM PST

MaddyMartina
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyMartina on Dec 28, 13 3:08 PM
i'm happy with any gift i get. whatever it is can always be used in the future. the offers are done more than once, they're not a one-time deal. thorium and flint are always welcome if i don't have a free gift on my wishlist but i usually do. gerbera flowers and peacock feathers and ruby cowberrys are also welcome because i sometimes simply like to explore those rooms to get extra xp or just for fun. all the green keys i, randomly, received over the last several months really paid-off when the offer that calls for them rolled around, again.

i have 188 neighbors and it takes at least an hour to be sure everyone is properly gifted based on my own system of giving. then another hour to visit each one and help the creatures and banish the ghosts. i believe each player should form his/her own gift giving system based on what's available to them and what their neighbors want, on any given day. about 1/3 of my neighbors don't utilize their wishlists but i give to each of them and get something from each of them, each day and i'm grateful for each gift no matter what it is.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Dec 28, 13 4:52 PM
I think there is no right or wrong way to gift...and in my mind a gift is always welcomed, no matter what it is. Currently, I don't think I need additional cowberries (2082), gerbera daisies (875), peacock feathers (801), amethyst figures (1153), or golden grain (598), but then, one never knows what the developers plan next. so maybe we will need them in the next offer.
Ore and Flints are most welcomed! I have a lot of them, but seem to go through a lot of them as well (especially trying to stock up on dragon food for expeditions). I WISH we could gift dragon food and runes!! (Just in case any developers are listening).

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Dec 29, 13 1:00 AM
Just my 2 cents which is probably worth nothing at this point, but I do what some others have mentioned. I give what I can from my backpack then from the freebie list, then give ores or flints to the rest. Perhaps because I'm always so desperate for ores and flints at my level. If someone gives me dew, I give it back to them, hoping to give the hint that I will never run out of dew and if they look in their backpack they will discover the same. A couple of my neighbors have requested that I give them ores and flints no matter what is on their wish list. This, I do, unless of course I can give from my backpack in which case they get ores and/or flints as well. I assume that they will let me know if this arrangement doesn't work for them any longer. If others on my neighbor list would like the same arrangement, I would be happy to comply. As for me, give me ores and flints! Those dragons are hungry and I am still trying to get that darn mill up and running.

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Dec 30, 13 5:38 PM
Well said thurber! I love your gifts and you are a wonderful neighbor!

And, whatever your level, your 2 cents is always welcome here!

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Dec 30, 13 5:53 PM
Ah, shucks Ismalplz - how nice of you! You're a great neighbor too. You're one of the three who get ores and flints no matter what's on your list. I always feel good when I can gift you from my paltry backpack which I was able to do today.

I'm going to try and get some of my newbie neighbors to give me ores and flints too. I always run out.

I'm also feeling puffed up today because I got that pesky mill up and running last night!

Go to: