bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Lost in the City forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 14, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Lost in the City forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Lost in the City players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

blondie920
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Welcome to Lost in the City forum

[Post New]by blondie920 on Mar 15, 09 5:18 AM
I played this demo, I found it intersting. But I really was a little bored,and if you play it once is that it! Does the story change! If not then kinda waste of money.

[Post New]by missekat on Mar 15, 09 6:36 AM
i like the game but my computer freezes up every time i get to her email address
very frustrating

VaNative
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by VaNative on Mar 15, 09 6:59 AM
I think I'll pass on this one.

[Post New]by Caristiona on Mar 15, 09 7:14 AM
Just finished playing through this game completely. This game kept me driven to see what happens. though i will admit the repetitive nature of some of the later puzzles had me hitting the skip button a few times, on the whole the puzzles were enjoyable and the story, once you really get into the "meat" of it, was full of twists and surprises. Lost is in no way shape or form your "normal" hidden object game its more an adventure game than anything else.

[Post New]by MimiBelleP on Mar 15, 09 11:52 AM
Can anyone help me with charging the cell phone? I feel this is an easy game for for some reason can not charge the phone. Thanks

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Mar 15, 09 12:00 PM
I downloaded the demo and think I'll pass on a purchase. Some of it was too easy, some repetitive and some just plain boring.
Toni

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Mar 15, 09 3:18 PM
Just played the demo and I'm hooked!! Good selection, !

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 15, 09 3:27 PM
MimiBelleP wrote:Can anyone help me with charging the cell phone? I feel this is an easy game for for some reason can not charge the phone. Thanks

Did you find the two polaroids in the room, which then went into your inventory? If you have the polaroid of the picture on the wall, click on the polaroid in your inventory. It will drop away, as will the picture on the wall, and will reveal an electrical outlet.

[Post New]by Rocky2005 on Mar 15, 09 6:23 PM
Thanks. Just signed up for the forum. It sounds like fun!!

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Mar 15, 09 6:58 PM
A story driven game. Think of a Lost (tv)/Resident Evil (but not scary in any way) hybrid. You wake up in a deserted city and are give clues about why. The story seemed like a rip off of several other shows/movies or games but it was compelling enough for me that I plowed through it to find out what the big secret is. Like what you wish you could do with Lost (tv) but can't and are therefore frustrated to no end and stop watching it...but I digress.

You go to a scene. The game tells you what to find, usually one item at a time. Usually you find the "message" first which give you some bizarre clue. The items are placed in plain view with little distracting scenery. Then you might be told to use the items to access other items. Each scene usually ends with a mini game, either a puzzle or lock combination all are very easy and you can skip with no penalty. I ended up skipping alot, once you've picked one lock, that's enough. It's like this over and over and over. But I was curious enough about the story to keep going.

I can see how some would see it as boring. The gameplay isn't remotely challenging. The games are just a means to find out more about the story. Very, very easy. Too easy. Graphics are very good, especially towards the end of the game, very sci fi/fantasy. Very cool. You might want to drive though it just to see some of the end scenes. I did appreciate the fact that it was something different in the world of HO games. In the end it does somewhat pay off with a plentiful story, and a hint for a sequal.

note: I did not buy any of the secrets until the end after I finished the game. They aren't necessary to finish and they do not help you in the game. But some of the secrets are "art" the game artists orginal sketches, thats pretty cool to check out.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Mar 16, 09 3:24 PM
I downloaded the trial and for awhile I thought, "oh no. slow and boring," but I persevered and I now think this is one of the greatest games I've ever played! I thought it was going to end when he found her and brought her back to life, but no, it keeps going on and I haven't finished yet. So far, no bugs and everything works the way it's supposed to...sometimes I'm a little slow and have to go back and do a segment over - I notice the items are placed differently, makes it a bit more of a challenge. Enjoying this game enormously!

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Mar 17, 09 6:21 PM
I'm loving this game -- mood, graphics, music, atmosphere. I will even be so bold as to say it is up there with RTR -- the first game I've given that distinction -- although it is quite different. I will definitely replay it.

I even appreciate the good grammar! Seeing "its" used correctlly is a treat. Which is weird, since I have a feeling this is an Eastern European game and I would not necessarily have expected perfect English.

It also reminds me somehow of the Carol Reed games. The interiors are very Ikea-feeling, although this one is much more surreal. I have the feeling I've traveled someplace else, which is one of the best gifts a game can give.

Being relatively easy doesn't hurt with me either. RTR wasn't hard.

So kudos again to BFG, for finding and distributing a refreshingly different game I've almost forgiven you for giving in over Dangerous High School Girls!

Minxs

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 17, 09 6:39 PM
Welcome to the pond, Rocky2005

[Post New]by MrsMoe53 on Mar 18, 09 3:42 AM
How many levels does this game have? I already got to level 16 in the demo and don't want to buy if there's only a few minutes left!

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Mar 18, 09 6:14 AM
MrsMoe53 wrote:How many levels does this game have? I already got to level 16 in the demo and don't want to buy if there's only a few minutes left!
OH NO, THIS GAME HAS LOTS MORE LEFT. IT KEEPS GOING AND GOING

[Post New]by Debeach on Mar 18, 09 7:48 AM
I really loved this game The puzzles were not too hard but interesting Hope there will be more like this

catspaws
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by catspaws on Mar 18, 09 8:14 AM
Such a fantastic game! I think it was one of the best ever

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Mar 18, 09 8:20 AM
MrsMoe53 wrote:How many levels does this game have? I already got to level 16 in the demo and don't want to buy if there's only a few minutes left!

There's 40 levels in total

I liked this, it wasn't difficult but it kept me gripped right up to the end. It's a beautiful looking game and I liked the fact the story was a bit different. I would have liked to have seen a harder mode, with less clues, but all in all I thought it was well worth the money.
xx

[Post New]by girlieon4north on Mar 18, 09 4:20 PM
Help please

I downloaded the 1 hour demo but it wouldn't start. Then foolishly I thought that if I bought it and downloaded the whole thing that it would start. Nope it did not. Any suggestions? I am running Vista. Haven't had any problems with other games. Please help the little fish....... thanks

Go to: