adding doors

adding doors

[Post New]by ocarinalady on Dec 29, 13 10:31 PM
I am trying to add my first door but it will only go in one spot and the icons that are supposed to show up so I can set the door won't appear. I click the mouse and the door flashes on the screen then disappears.

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:adding doors

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Dec 30, 13 12:23 PM
Normally if an item flashes and disappears like that, it's because it's in an "invalid spot". I remember I put my first door on the "back" wall that wasn't connected to any future rooms and it took just fine.

Not sure if that helps any.

[Post New]by ocarinalady on Dec 31, 13 10:38 PM
Thanks for replying but it still won't take the door. No matter where I click it always flashes red. I will continue to try and make it work. I'll probably figure it out by accident, that is usually what happens.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 2, 14 2:07 AM
A door can be added to either the back wall of the living room or the kitchen. I put mine in the farthest-right corner of the kitchen.

[Post New]by Disavowed1 on Jan 20, 14 5:15 PM
Main doors have to be placed on outside walls. So any wall that makes a divide between one room and another will not take a door.
Hope that helps.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 21, 14 10:36 PM
Apparently, it also will not take a door on a "collapsing" wall (those that disappear in the "walls down" mode). So, no matter how much you want to add an outside door to the bathroom or master bedroom, forget about it.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 22, 14 7:31 PM
People don't usually have outside doors on their bathrooms, though.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 23, 14 1:38 PM
In THIS house, there are no interior doors, at all. Only doorways. No privacy for our Zombie Family.

I was using "bathroom" as an example.But there are only two places in the first house where you can put a door: the kitchen and the outer wall of the living room.

Edited on 02/23/2014 at 1:40:28 PM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 26, 14 9:39 PM
dash it I wanted to put a set of french doors between kitchen & living room.
Still trying to figure out upper cabinets

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 28, 14 9:42 PM
You can put upper cabinets on any wall that does not collapse.

antigonon
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by antigonon on Apr 3, 14 10:22 PM
If you have a pool you quite often put a door in your bathroom. Keeps the kids from dripping all over the house.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 5, 14 8:08 AM
In the first house you can also put a door on the office outer wall, or the dining room outer wall. You probably could put a door on the outer wall of the master bath, but I was not interested in trying.
The general rule seems to be that you cannot put a door on any interior wall, or any wall that collapses in "walls down" mode.
None of the houses have doors between rooms. The Zombie Bobbleheads don't really need privacy as
1--they never take their clothes off
2--they perform no bodily functions
3--they do nothing but go on walkabouts through the house
Also, there are no "French doors" in the catalogue. (What I thought were French doors turned out to be windows.)
The door and window choices pretty much suck.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 6, 14 1:02 AM
One of my guys just walked through the wall, across the lawn, and off the screen. With super powers like that, who needs doors?

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 6, 14 2:56 PM
Valkara, are your guys still doing that? I wish mine would--and not come back.
Technically, since the Cheerfully Undead Bobbleheads don't sleep, eat, sit, or use toileting facilities, they really don't need much of anything. Just room to wander.

It might be fun to take the "open plan" house, and use bookcases to create a giant maze, and just send them wandering through narrow alleyways.

No one says you HAVE to play the game as it is written.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 7, 14 10:03 AM
girlgotgame wrote:Valkara, are your guys still doing that? I wish mine would--and not come back.
Technically, since the Cheerfully Undead Bobbleheads don't sleep, eat, sit, or use toileting facilities, they really don't need much of anything. Just room to wander.

It might be fun to take the "open plan" house, and use bookcases to create a giant maze, and just send them wandering through narrow alleyways.

No one says you HAVE to play the game as it is written.

No, he only did it once. It was traumatic for me, though, since he came back the next time I booted up the game. I'd thought he was so disgusted at having to be in that house, he just decided to leave.

I love your maze idea! Maybe I'll rearrange the furniture in my open plan house and see what happens. (once you get all the houses, the next one costs $16 million to build - definitely overpriced!)

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 7, 14 11:02 AM
I did once see Bedroom Daddy get stuck in a shuffling loop when he wandered in between two closely-set pieces of furniture, against a wall. He eventually Zoomba'd his way out, but it was kind of fun seeing him two-stepping for a few minutes. In a maze, eventually, two Bobble Zombies might run into each other, and get stuck--at least until re-boot.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 8, 14 10:58 AM
I'm currently filling one of my living rooms with those little black coffee tables. I want to see how many it takes before the resident has to step in place because she's trapped.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 8, 14 1:15 PM
Nice!
We can pretend the stuck Bobble zombie is one of the game developers...

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 9, 14 11:28 AM
Valkara wrote:I'm currently filling one of my living rooms with those little black coffee tables. I want to see how many it takes before the resident has to step in place because she's trapped.

I'm currently up to 61 coffee tables in the living room (yes, really!) and the space is hardly half-full. Consider that it's also got 3 couches, a dressing table, a fireplace, TV, lamp, and bookcase in there. At least now I've got somewhere to put all the 2-star decor crap (lots of plants... for which I get bonus $ when they need watering and the tables need dusting).

I wonder what would happen to the woman aimlessly wandering around if I filled the room completely with coffee tables and flowers?

Edited on 04/09/2014 at 11:29:40 AM PST

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 9, 14 11:32 PM
I wonder what would happen to the woman aimlessly wandering around if I filled the room completely with coffee tables and flowers?

I suppose you'd drive her to another room. I wonder if you could go room-by-room and isolate her. Eventually, if you filled every room with furniture, she'd be cornered in a single spot.

Probably better to try this experiment in one of the smaller homes. Maybe the bachelor pad, or the couples home. (61 tables!)

I really admire your dedication to this task.
Please, send me a screen shot, when you get the little b*st*rd cornered.

Go to: