cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Why release after Christmas?

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 30, 13 1:07 AM
Another little gem which should have been released BEFORE Christmas ; okay I know which ever way you look at it, it is going to be before Christmas; but to release it a few days AFTER Christmas is, IMHO, a bit silly. I shall purchase it, of course, because I love these games; but it would have been a good one to have during Christmas. BF ARE YOU LISTENING?

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

Re:Why release after Christmas?

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Dec 30, 13 2:02 AM
And not only one, but TWO Christmas games today. I was sooo looking for Christmas games the last month. Hmmm . . interesting (inappropriate IMHO) choice BFG.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 30, 13 4:12 AM
Um, don't know if bfg will hate me for saying this or not - another site had the exclusive to this game until xmas - that's the explanation.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 30, 13 6:13 AM
Technically, it is still Christmas, since the Epiphany isn't until January 6th.

These devs don't do nonograms very well, if I remember correctly from their Halloween offering.

I'm gonna demo this one, but unless they made changes, you can't make the "x" key your right mouse key (you have to keep picking and switching between "fill" and "x".

Yes, I remembered correctly. You have to keep picking and switching to use the "x" key, which is so bothersome.

Edited on 12/30/2013 at 7:10:44 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 30, 13 8:07 AM
Hespera wrote:Technically, it is still Christmas, since the Epiphany isn't until January 6th.

These devs don't do nonograms very well, if I remember correctly from their Halloween offering.

I'm gonna demo this one, but unless they made changes, you can't make the "x" key your right mouse key (you have to keep picking and switching between "fill" and "x".

Yes, I remembered correctly. You have to keep picking and switching to use the "x" key, which is so bothersome.

We all realise technically it is still Christmas but I would have liked to have played it before now. So grateful to JustTheFacts for explaining why I couldn't. I actually prefer having to "pick and switch" it makes me slow down and think about what I am doing because with my eyesight I make mistakes, but everyone to their own, eh?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 30, 13 8:48 AM
dazy59 wrote:I understand if BFG didn't have access to this game until after Christmas (and I mean Christmas as it's usually thought of, Dec. 25, which is, I would wager, when most of BFG customers celebrate it), but what about the other soft release? Or, even the ERS Bitter Frost.

I wanted some new Christmas games BEFORE Christmas, and won't buy them now. I was also disappointed that there was no sale like most years on holiday themed games.

Totally agree!

ETA I am getting them - ready for Christmas 2014!

Edited on 12/30/2013 at 8:50:17 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 30, 13 1:56 PM
Have to add I feel more than a little guilty for having started this! Sometimes I forget to engage brain and I do apologise, especially to BFG ; Sorry BFG, look forward to a New Year with you.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 1, 14 1:22 PM
dazy59 wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:Have to add I feel more than a little guilty for having started this! Sometimes I forget to engage brain and I do apologise, especially to BFG ; Sorry BFG, look forward to a New Year with you.

What's to apologize for? The game is out of date, it's past Christmas!

I apologise because that's the kind of person I am , [Removed by Moderator] ; we have a pleasant group here as you will find out if you swim around .

Edited on 01/06/2014 at 11:04:30 AM PST

Go to: