Reviews for Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 30, 13 5:29 AM
Pretty & Fun HOG For Xmas

BASED ON DEMO

What a shame that this sweet little game did not make it onto Big Fish’s list until after Xmas! It is a lively and colourful game, very “xmasy” and a lot of easy fun. Although I did find it a little challenging on the “what do I do next?” side of things.

The story is cute, a shortcut into an obviously magical forest sees your car turn into candy! And everything around you as well. Seems 3 witches (nice ones) messed up a spell, and you’ll have to help them fix it if you want to get into town in time for Christmas. What follows is a amusing adventure making pullovers for bullfinches, helping a beaver build a dam, and feeding a (domestic) spider a candy fly. That’s in the first 20 minutes. After that I don’t know, because that is where the demo finishes. A bit stingy I thought.

HOPs make up almost all of the game, along with a bit of finding things to open doors etc., but no complex puzzles or long term planning required. The HOP scenes are very bright and vibrant with colour, the items are large and easy to see, and the location is not overly littered with junk. The inventory item you get will have nothing to do with the HOP, but is usually immediately useful.

This is a low budget game, but the graphics look great, if a bit childish (it’s xmas, who cares?), and the music is a combination of very lively happy gallopers and classics, including the Nutcracker, of course. The sound effects when you find an item are overly loud (prepare to alter your sound settings), but full of bubbling joy.

This game would certainly appeal to young children I am sure, but after my recent gaff, I wouldn’t dream of suggesting it was *only* for kids! *turns various unhealthy shades of red*

So I am sad to see that this game will no doubt languish unappreciated, because of a terrible case of bad timing and the underestimation of its appeal by our usually wise old mate Felix.

I recommend this game!

Edited on 12/30/2013 at 9:15:24 AM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

Re:Reviews for Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm

[Post New]by tesamoine on Dec 30, 13 7:45 AM
I just had to try this game and I'm so glad I did. It has bright graphics and bold colors. Music is delightful. It seems you are driving and your vehicle turns into a candy car and you end up at the house of 3 good witches trying to do different things? That's what I get from the gist of the story. Oh but it is cute. There are many many HOS. They are simple and bright. I came across one puzzle in the demo. The demo only lasted 20 minutes, so it is a very very short game. However, it is just so likable, I believe I will purchase anyway. There are quite a bit of tasks you must accomplish and yes they do require some thinking. Such as helping a beaver build his dam and fixing a clock, etc. I see reviewers stating this should have come out before Christmas. Well, whenever it was released, Christmas-time is my favorite season and I could play Christmas games all year long. There are also parts of the world that celebrate the Epiphany, etc, and their Christmas is much longer than one day. Due to the short demo, I cannot really say more about the game. I had no technical issues, and the cursor was spot on. I really enjoyed it.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 30, 13 9:15 AM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for getting this started for us JustTheFacts.

What do you think of Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 30, 13 9:19 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 30, 13 11:26 AM
It's cute, it's fun, and it's very easy. Just the thing for me on this day when I'm stuck in the house and need something to occupy my time. I'm happy with it -- even though the English translations sometimes leave a lot to be desired. Nevertheless, it was good for a chuckle when I figured out what "conservatives" meant! Highlight to read if this is a spoiler for you: It's a tin can! Not sure how that comes out as "conservatives," but there it is. I would recommend it for a coupon purchase, or if you have young children in the house, a regular purchase. I can think of a couple of grands and great grands who will enjoy it, although probably next year.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 31, 13 10:46 AM
short game, but all in all a really fun game.

[Post New]by Cindylovesgames on Dec 31, 13 6:36 PM
Boring! Mad that I wasted a free game coupon on this lousy game.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Jan 1, 14 3:01 AM
Cindylovesgames wrote:Boring! Mad that I wasted a free game coupon on this lousy game.

Personally I'm loving it, but it's not for everyone. If you contact customer service, you should get a free game coupon since you're really unhappy with the game.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 5, 14 7:43 PM
This game, while cute, was too short and has little or no replayability. The item lists are the same. Not worth the money.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 20, 14 1:37 AM
Not a bad little game but definitely for beginners only. Hint system was fast and effective but tasks I completed were not removed from the task list. Grammar and spelling were atrocious at times and some items in hidden object scenes were just outright wrongly identified. Music was nice but not varied enough for my liking, and the graphics and colors were beautiful throughout. There are only four locations to explore...the outside, living room, kitchen, and the upstairs so the adventuring was minimal and a map is not needed. A Christmas theme was not needed for this game since the story is not related to Christmas, but I guess the developer needed something holiday themed so they threw this one together. There are better games out there so get this one on a DD or on a half off or lower sale like I did. But try before you decide to buy because it's a short one.

Go to: