Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Fire dragon

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 31, 13 4:24 AM
To unlock the mini-game Binoculars 7 in the Bird Watching building, it says:
"Get the fire dragon for the Antique Shop".
But do they mean the "Fire breathing dragon" or the "Fey dragon" ?
I don't want to waste my gold or coins on the wrong one.

rybo510
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Fire dragon

[Post New]by rybo510 on Dec 31, 13 5:22 AM
Fire Breathing dragon.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Dec 31, 13 5:43 AM
Thank you for your answer.

So actually it's much cheaper to use 12 gold to unlock that mini-game, rather than buy the fire breathing dragon for 50 gold.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Dec 31, 13 9:20 AM
You'll most likely have to buy the fire breathing dragon in the future to complete a quest though, so it might be worth it.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 31, 13 12:06 PM
I just unlocked the game rather then using 50 to buy it lol. Seemed easier to me since I didn't have 50 gold to buy the dragon.

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on Jan 1, 14 6:10 AM
Dirk_Tee wrote:Thank you for your answer.

So actually it's much cheaper to use 12 gold to unlock that mini-game, rather than buy the fire breathing dragon for 50 gold.
I'd suggest to do neither. Most (if not all) of the improvements become available at later levels for coins. I'm lvl 47 and just bought that dragon for 10.000 coins.
The same comes to platinum ledger. At certain lvl it becomes available for 40.000 coins instead of 400 gold.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jan 1, 14 5:15 PM
Anything that is locked can be opened using gold or it has another way of getting it. You would have to click on the fire breathing dragon to see what the expectation is so that you can get it for money instead of gold. Like Sabake said, everything can be unlocked without gold. You just have to figure out what is needed and complete that task. For some of them, it may take a lot of time so if you want to spend the gold (and have it), it may be faster to do that.

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Jan 1, 14 7:27 PM
Never mind -- found it.

Edited on 01/01/2014 at 8:23:20 PM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jan 2, 14 5:43 AM
Sabake was right.
At the time he/she posted the message, I was at level 47 too, but it still said 50 gold for the fire-breathing dragon. But now I've moved up a level and also reached the achievement of spending 100.000 energy, and now I could buy that dragon for 10.000 coins too.

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Jan 2, 14 2:19 PM
Hmmm...I'm at level 61 and completed the energy achievement, but I'm still being charged 50 gold for the fire dragon. I wonder what I'm missing?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jan 3, 14 2:11 AM
Not much: the mini-game gives you Ben's Justice as collectible, of which there seem to be plenty around.
:-)

No really, we would have to compare achievements to figure that out.
You being at level 61 compared to my 48, you should be ahead of me on almost everything.
So I'll list my achievements where I'm at the maximum for the rewards already; see if there's something there that you haven't reached yet.
- collect sets
- play picture mode
- play silhouette mode
- spend energy
- play mini-games
- upgrade buildings
- auction items
- win items
- buy items
- bought food
- complete bronze set
- complete silver set
- complete gold set

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Jan 3, 14 5:56 AM
All my buildings are upgraded and customized except the wharf, and I haven't bought 150 food items yet, Maybe one of those will do it. Although, as you said, maybe it doesn't matter very much right now. Thanks!

Go to: