FLICKER

[Post New]by djayers55 on Dec 31, 13 8:04 PM
I loaded this game onto my pc and when I go in to play it it flickers. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still does it. What can I do?

jue66
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:FLICKER

[Post New]by jue66 on Jan 2, 14 8:14 AM
Same here

[Post New]by JustMe00 on Jan 10, 14 11:10 AM
Same here. book three does not do this.

Twiggy43
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Twiggy43 on Jan 13, 14 10:01 AM
same here, any suggestions?

[Post New]by cyclonetracey65 on Jan 14, 14 5:36 PM
Same here, I liked 3 so much just bought 1 and can't play due to the flicker

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Jan 24, 14 6:44 PM
I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue.

[Post New]by Moonfiret on Feb 11, 14 11:37 AM
Same here! Did anyone figure out how to fix it? I'm very disappointed.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 13, 14 3:30 AM
I had played this game previously on my Vista laptop without any flickering effect.

I now loaded it on my Win8.1 laptop to replay it (to try to get gold in all levels) and I am experiencing the flickering effect, too. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it as an Administrator, but that made no difference. Nor did running the Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 19, 14 8:28 PM
Just to update:

I downloaded the trial version of the game from the developer's site (****) and tried that - same flickering problem. Uninstalled it.

I downloaded a version of the program from the dark side and tried that - same problem. Uninstalled it.

I wrote to the developer and asked if they were going to update the game so that it is playable on Win 8. If I get any response, I'll post it here. I did notice that on their new website under their games listing they have a separate breakout for Win 8, so maybe people have been reporting problems with other of their games.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 22, 14 8:43 AM
Here's the response I received from the developer:
Hello! Thank you for your feedback! Our gamedesigners are pleased to hear that. Hoverever we agree that there are some technical issues as well. We will let our QA team know that there is a problem with Adelantado 1 on Windows 8. Thank you!

[Post New]by sandprincess on Apr 7, 14 1:14 AM
Thanks everyone for posting as I am having the same problem. I downloaded Book 2 no problems as I thought I might not have the right software to support this game but now I know the problem is windows 8 how do I find out when they have fixed this problem?

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Apr 14, 14 3:12 PM
I just purchased it and play on Win7. Same flicker.

gramj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by gramj on May 7, 14 10:00 AM
Do you have any idea when this problem will be fixed? I would like to play the game but I won't buy if it keeps flickering

[Post New]by Kentish_Maid on May 11, 14 2:01 AM
Hi,
Yes - I am getting exactly the same problem with playing this game in Windows 7.

This seems to have been a problem for some time now, and it really should have been fixed by now. What is Big Fish doing to get this resolved? !!

There does not seem to have been any response at all from the support team!!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 29, 14 7:15 PM
I'm cross-posting this here and in the Tech thread since it addresses the same issue:

I posted a follow-up question on the developer's FB page re the problem with the flickering and here's the response:

The issue is problematic and it is hardly possible to fix. Sorry

So it looks like Win8/8.1 people are out of luck for trying to get this game to play on their computers.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 30, 14 10:21 AM
I have Win 8 and it plays just fine. I bought it a year or two ago but I just downloaded to my new computer in June.

[Post New]by jdez91 on Feb 21, 15 6:37 PM
I just purchased this game (2/21/2015) and can't play it because of the flicker. Two questions: has anyone figured out how to stop the flickering? And why is BigFish still selling the game if it is defective? They could put a warning that it is not compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, etc.

Beetle_T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Beetle_T on Feb 25, 15 3:13 PM
Adding my voice to the flicker problem.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 25, 15 3:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along the pond and came across this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that when trying to play this game, it tends to flicker. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

It may be helpful to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report/ They will be able to help troubleshoot the flickering display issue.

Since this sounds like a tech issue, we do ask that they be placed in the Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book One technical issues issues here only Forum page.

Thank you for your understanding! Since this issue has been addressed, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Go to: