fihill
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Part 1, level 5 - 2nd Attempt - Stuck

[Post New]by fihill on Jan 1, 14 6:51 PM
If you have an open quest from someone you won't be able to go into any other areas until you've completed that quest, so check in the top right of your screen to see what quest you've got open.

The chief's son who you have to find is in what's probably the last foggy area - SE and so are your two survivors. You must have a quest to complete before you're given that one, I can't remember off the top of my head sorry, but once you've completed whatever quest is currently open, you'll be given the one to find the chief's son and that opens up the SE area. I hope that helsp, let me know if it doesn't

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Jan 1, 14 6:56 PM
Thanks, off to give it a try.

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Jan 1, 14 7:26 PM
I have a task showing in the lower right which is the charged Artifact of Faith. It also shows the Artifact in my bag. I had found the artifact and had it charged. None of the people want to talk including the Keeper of the Fire, Shaman, balloon man, etc.. The chief just tells me I have to find remaining survivors or that I don't have time to speak. He doesn't seem to want the Artifact.
Interesting that, in the chest it shows a green check beside "Discover Territory" when it is obvious I have not explored the SE fog area across the Indian Bridge. Maybe I have a glitch in the game?

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 1, 14 8:26 PM
OK - I think I know where you're lost.

After you've charged the artifact, Warrior Couatli gives you the quest to find Ollin the Chief's Son. You need to go back to the area where you first started and you'll notice a big rock in front of the cliff face. Send some workers to bust up the rock and then you can enter the cave where the survivors, Chief's son and Milintica are being held. That completes the survivors requirement.

There's also a strong bush next to Cheif Tototl that needs to be chopped down now that you have the strength for it. Repair the totem behin it. That completes the discover territories requirement.

Build the balloon up there, and send gold to meet that requirement, and then Chief Tototl is ready to give you the final quest -- destroying the indian bridges above the cave where the survivors were.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 1, 14 8:29 PM
If the artifact is in your bag, and your task says "Charge Artifact" then you need to go back over to the left (where you lit the totem with the torch) and put the artifact on the glowing circle platform to charge it and then go back and speak to the Shaman who then tells you to talk to Warrior Couatl.

fihill
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by fihill on Jan 1, 14 11:10 PM
Yep that's right, you had said that you had charged the artifact, but maybe you haven't, cause you need to charge it on the round well-like thing to the NW of the large northern village, it should be twinkling. Once you put the artifact on it, it charges and gives it back to you, then you give it to the indian standing just nearby and that completes that quest and gives you the next.

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Jan 2, 14 8:45 AM
I want to thank all you folks for taking the time to try and help me. Appreciate it. I think the only choice left for me is either try the level again or quit. Disappointing since I had completed Book 2 of the Trilogy and the first 4 levels of this Book without a problem. I have harvested, mined and cut everything in sight. The area looks like a wasteland! I had charged the artifact and given it to the proper warrior yet it still shows in my bag. The well, Siummittsn's (sp) Alter, where the artifact was charged, tells me it is no longer needed. No one in the village will speak including the balloon man. The chest erroneously shows that all territories have been discovered and correctly shows all survivors have not been found.
I may have erred by giving the gold to the balloon man before carrying out the instruction on how to find the survivors. The game should not have locked me out for perhaps doing tasks in the wrong sequence. New day so will perhaps try for the third time. Again thanks and will use all your advice on my next try.

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Jan 2, 14 11:32 AM
Made it! Thanks.

Re:Part 1, level 5 -

[Post New]by playergrandma on Jan 3, 14 5:44 PM
I need to know if someone can tell me how to get to the alter that is down below in the cave that has the spiral staircase I have put the yellow stones in the 3 towers but it says that the way is blocked to the alter anyone thank you

Edited on 01/03/2014 at 6:24:19 PM PST

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Jan 4, 14 2:18 PM
I'm not sure this is your answer but do remember that some of the stalagmites are small and very difficult to see. These can be blocking your way.

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 4, 14 5:33 PM
The last stalagmite blocking the stairs up to the final crystal pedestal is nearly impossible to see since it looks like part of the wall and the stair appear to be open (they're not, it's an optical illusion caused by the shadows and trying to look 3D on a 2D screen).

[Post New]by FesterB on Apr 10, 14 12:20 PM
There is a bug in this level. I was fortunate enough to save the game right before it.

You need to first talk to the keeper of light, and then charge the articact on the ring afterwards.

The bug is that you can actually click on the charging ring before you talk to the keeper of light, in which case it does nothing other than register that you have used your click. When you then talk to the keeper of light, and he asks you to charge the artifact, you are stuck. You cannot click on the ring anymore.

One thing I have learned from these games is to save often, because they are filled with bugs which result in you being totally stuck and having to replay the level.

Go to: