bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 2, 14 12:29 AM
Escape from a beautiful and deadly world in Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny! You left the big city to start a new life in Brownville, Louisiana, where your friends Ben and Louise have lined up a job for you. Your new boss, Simon, seems like a friendly enough guy –he even suggests the four of you play a nice game of cards when you arrive. But it turns out that this is no ordinary game… The second you set a card down on the table, you find yourself in a strange world. As you explore your surroundings, it starts to sink in – you and your friends have become living pieces in someone's deadly game. Can you survive to the end? Find out in this gorgeous Hidden Object Adventure game!

The Collector's Edition includes:

A bonus adventure that reveals the true nature of the game!
Replayable mini-games and a bonus puzzle game
Gorgeous wallpapers and concept art
An available Strategy Guide

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 8:52:51 AM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny Collector's Edition

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jan 2, 14 12:36 AM
Is this by Blam?

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Jan 2, 14 12:58 AM
Poor, poor game by Blam. Very disappointing. I lasted 10 minutes in the demo and exited after the first HOS. The graphics there are so bad as to be unrecogniseable. Sad, because I have enjoyed so many Blam games in the past but I will pass on this one. However, as ever, try for yourself.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 2, 14 1:14 AM
I'll have to check it out.

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Jan 2, 14 1:27 AM
I think, it's a gorgeous game. Tartanpimpernel, maybe you have to play 10 minutes more, till you are in the other world. - I love cards and games with them, so it's definitly my game.

rebafish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rebafish on Jan 2, 14 1:35 AM
I find the navigation very difficult. The cursor looks to me like a magnifying glass and when I click on anything I get a smarty pants answer. I have not seen a "walk here" icon. I'm off to read the strategy guide. Umm, never mind. I think I should just go to bed.

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 1:45:27 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 2, 14 1:36 AM
Yes it is a Blam game. And what a great way to start off the new year (in my opinion any way). Definitely worth more than 10 minutes. Interesting premise with the cards and game - anyone else think of Jumanji?
And again you can sample the worthiness of the Strategy guide as the first chapter is enabled.

Happy 2014 all.
Cheers

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 1:46:03 AM PST

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jan 2, 14 1:41 AM
Definitely agree with Agnes_2810....what a beautiful game! I find the graphics gorgeous and wanted to keep playing and when I go....awwwwwwwww!...when the demo ends, I need to get this game .....Kudos to Blam and BFG for bringing this wonderful gem to us to start off the New Year! Happy New Year, all!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 2, 14 1:43 AM
Yes, DLO ,as a matter of fact, I immediately thought of Jumanji!

I absolutely love the game. I had to laugh when (Possible SPOILER ALERT) the boulder fell on the Lava Dragon!

I have to have a game that makes me laugh!

It is a buy for me!

Thanks BLAM and BFG!

Happy New Year and Happy Gaming Everyone!
BK

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 2, 14 2:26 AM
Not ANOTHER ONE!?

WHY does every single game have to be so nasty... this appears to be yet another game with a dismal theme... gorgeous graphics or not... why can't we have a game that is gorgeous in graphics AND theme? Isn't there anyone out there that can create more games with appeal other than villain vs. good guy.. good vs evil??

I like some variation in gameplay and this is just getting to be SO boring and dull with repeat and repeat of dreary, creepy, cruel, mean, selfish, gross, evil or boring storylines like this game implies... nasty villains, nasty plots, just getting a bad taste in my mouth with all the nastiness. Sure I enjoy all genres but enough is enough, omg!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 2, 14 2:27 AM
Happy New Year Blam and thank you! I totally agree with Agnes_2810 and DLO, another gorgeous game by this team. I didn't think of Jumanji because as soon as the box came up to put your name in I did and quit the game to buy. This team has never disappointed me in any of their games. This is another top notched team. The graphics were absolutely gorgeous and just from the beginning it was intriguing enough to buy right out. I hope all of you have a Happy New Year and let the good games roll!

Side note: This main character is truly funny. This is really a fun game.
Sassy

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 2:55:52 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jan 2, 14 2:29 AM
Hi all, happy new year and fun with this really astonishing game!

I played only some minutes of the demo and I am smashed with this refreshing style! The story seems to be funny and thrilling: being part of a game in which you are able to overcome problems with cards!

Try for yourself but I will buy!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jan 2, 14 2:35 AM
I am a bit disappointed, this looks like a lovely game, unfortunately for me I have become a bit spoiled. I have a Touch laptop and find games much easier and more enjoyable playing by touch rather then maneuvering the mouse across the screen. I no longer purchase games that are not touch friendly. In fact I was very surprised to find this game unplayable by touch because most of the new games that have come out are quite touch friendly, even some of the older games that I have had for years can be played by touch.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 2, 14 4:40 AM
I liked the story, it is different but I can't get used to the graphics which are spongy, washed out. It also takes a couple of seconds to move to a different screen. That is just a pet peeve of mine. I like a good game flow.
Blam can do better than that. I will pass on that one, although like I said, story kind a had my interest.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 2, 14 5:16 AM
SPOILER!!!

Aww Blam, I hope I am not being compared with Harpies lol

Main Character

"I never thought I'd talk to a real Harpy...but now that I have, I see that they're just as sassy as I imagined."

Just kidding. Having a wonderful time with this game. And I love that little purple rabbit. So cute. And to me the graphics are clear as a bell. Thanks again!

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 5:19:53 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jan 2, 14 5:32 AM
I agree with the many here who love this game. I liked the graphics, but mostly I loved having a new story!

How long has it been since we played a story like this? Too long for me to remember the last one.

And YES! it is funny! That will always make a big difference to me!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 2, 14 5:45 AM
WOW! I never come here to comment on a game but I just had to today!
I had one credit and was waiting for a great game to buy with another credit.
THIS IS IT!
The graphics are super amazing and I love the story line which I don't usually care for. I love the way they used the cards the way they did. It adds to the game play.
It's a beautiful game. It's fun and engaging. It's a definite buy for me.
Thank you to the developers and Big Fish games for bringing this along!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. GOOD HEALTH AND JOY TO ALL. GOD BLESS!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 2, 14 7:33 AM
sniff!!!

have to wait to buy this fabulous and intriguing game!!

used gift $ money for food treats so now am salivating in anticipation of this tantalizingly delicious game !!!

but waiting will make it even better!! even though demo made me hunger for more!!

will make acquisition even yummier!!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 2, 14 7:54 AM
Finally - Collectors' Edition Thursday comes through with a great game by one of my favourite developers ever.. Blam! Games. I've never been disappointed with their games and this one looks like another sure fire winner.

What do we have here? I won't go into the story as others have done so perfectly already but what I love about Blam! these days is the sheer amount of stuff to do.

You have a great bunch of achievements which should actually be doable. On top of that you have collectibles which will give you an extra achievement in the form of a puzzle at the end. You also need to find all of the cards in the deck so I guess that means 52? And if you find all of the notes, that's another achievement.

Sorry to hear that some gamers don't like the graphics. I guess it can also have a lot to do with the type of computer, graphics card and set up. Mine aren't fuzzy or stretched. They are very colourful and clear as a newly washed window.

Have fun everyone!!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 2, 14 8:57 AM
JustTheFacts wrote:I agree with the many here who love this game. I liked the graphics, but mostly I loved having a new story!

How long has it been since we played a story like this? Too long for me to remember the last one.

And YES! it is funny! That will always make a big difference to me!

I agree with JustTheFacts about the part of the game being funny. It makes a big difference to me too. It just makes the game more fun and you get into the game even more. I had some 'LOL' moments in this game.

Go to: