orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 2, 14 1:03 AM
please post any technical problems here .....

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 8:39:05 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 2, 14 8:14 AM
It seems I am experiencing a bit of a lag when I change scenes or just click on something to look at....Any one else having this delay? Or is it me
Suggestions to rectify it, like should I get rid of the custom arrow?
Thanks to anyone that replies

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 2, 14 8:23 AM
dear CiChDa:

I rarely use the custom cursor as find it often less precise for me .

so change it and see what happens.

hopefully should do the trick for you.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 2, 14 8:39 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 2, 14 8:53 AM
I opted out of the custom cursor as it was suggested...thanks again Orphan. It is better but still has some lag changing from one scene to another. It is more irritating now and as I said better.
I have a PC with Windows 8.1. Sorry I left that out before!

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Emmail on Jan 2, 14 11:24 AM
I am playing the bonus chapter, HOG portion, and am unable to finish as the HOG is too big for my screen - I cannot click on an object laying just outside the edge of the screen.

[Post New]by daffymommy on Jan 2, 14 11:31 AM
I'm on Windows 7. Everything in this game is running perfectly smooth until I completely the boots and use them to move to the next scene. The Menu bar, mouse, and music are still there, but the screen never loads the next scene. In fact, it locks up my entire computer.

sdahldtp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sdahldtp on Jan 2, 14 12:15 PM
I'm having the same problem in the bonus game. The last item is just off screen, and going from full screen to not full screen doesn't help at all. Frustrating!!!!!!!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 2, 14 1:24 PM
CiChDa, since you've already turned off the custom cursor, I'd recommend restarting your computer and making sure that any other unnecessary programs are closed, so the game has all of the resources it needs to run smoothly.

Emmail and sdahldtp, I'd recommend running your game as an administrator to ensure that it has the permissions it needs to run that bonus game. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

daffymommy, I'd suggest restarting your computer and uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This will give all of the files a chance to re-download correctly. For help doing that, just click below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these suggestions don't work, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more targeted suggestion, based on your systems.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Emmail on Jan 2, 14 2:03 PM
Tried running as an administrator - it will not let me open the game under this option.

[Post New]by daffymommy on Jan 2, 14 3:17 PM
Ok, I have uninstalled, restarted the computer, and re-installed the game. It's working better now, but it is still painfully long in it's lag from one scene to another.

[Post New]by magzee4912 on Jan 2, 14 3:37 PM
Got to the last area, solved the riddles, put moss in teapot and my items in inventory have disappeared. Need to add the magic powder and use spray bottle but everything disappeared.
Exited game, restarted, everything fine.

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 6:11:39 PM PST

calabashbb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by calabashbb on Jan 2, 14 6:18 PM
I agree with those who have encountered lag between scene changes, it's most irritating and tedious. Not much of the demo meets my expectations of a CE. Why would you suggest changing cursors or running as administrator? Get the game running as you would expect any other game developer to do.

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Jan 2, 14 6:57 PM
same problem with major lag between scenes which is very annoying. It's a no buy for me!

BethRed10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BethRed10 on Jan 2, 14 11:26 PM
Bonus Game HO The magnet is off the screen to the top right... that is where the hint is showing it is located. I cannot click it since it is not on my screen.... perhaps the game is too wide? I have tried windowed and full screen. There is no way for me to click what is off the screen. Any ideas? Thank you.

Edited on 01/02/2014 at 11:27:19 PM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Jan 3, 14 1:25 AM
Me too with the magnet. Tried playing not full screen & still no joy, the magnet is way off the screen.

At this stage, I'd say don't fork out for the CE until there's a fix as there's no way around the HOG.

[Post New]by glittergal on Jan 3, 14 2:05 AM
Totally agree with Calabashbb, at no time should anyone have to run as an administrator to play an online game they have paid for. It's appalling the way these games have been released recently when they have not been properly beta tested. I have been a member of BF for many years, and for the last year at least, the quality overall of the games have been atrocious!

Edited on 01/03/2014 at 2:06:32 AM PST

chuleo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by chuleo on Jan 3, 14 7:25 AM
daffymommy wrote:Ok, I have uninstalled, restarted the computer, and re-installed the game. It's working better now, but it is still painfully long in it's lag from one scene to another.

I have the same problem! Very long lags between the scenes,

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jan 3, 14 7:44 AM
Lagging, black screen when changing areas.

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Jan 3, 14 3:38 PM
Same issue here with the Bonus Game. Cannot get the magnet! Why do game developers feel the need to place them so close to the edge of the screen? Well, guess I have to wait for the update!

Go to: