Nickyh2505
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Apple Pie mini game - please help!

[Post New]by Nickyh2505 on Jan 2, 14 11:05 AM
Hi

I've just unlocked the Apple Pie recipe, and can't see how I will ever be able to get 3 stars.

I've bought the extra time boost, but still can't get anywhere near completing it in time. I'm rolling pastry until my arm feels like its falling off!

Am I missing something here? Does anyone have any tips for this game please?!

Thanks

Re:Apple Pie mini game - please help!

[Post New]by JenBen08 on Jan 2, 14 6:24 PM
Apple pie is tricky. I'll give you my tips and hope they help. First use your wrist not your arm to move the rolling pin. Try to keep your arm still and just move your hand quickly at the wrist, not the arm. What I also do is twist my phone. Hold the phone horizontal and roll the dough that direction until you're at the lines then twist the phone vertical and roll to those lines. I still never get three stars every time but I get three stars more times than not. I hope that helps some. Someone here might have better tips than me.

Nickyh2505
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Nickyh2505 on Jan 4, 14 2:24 AM
Thanks JenBen - I'll give those tips a try

Witchy55
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Witchy55 on May 26, 14 7:06 PM
The best tip I can give you about Apple Pies is to stop worrying about getting them exactly the right size. You CAN go outside of the lines here

Once I quit trying to get them Exactly The Right Size, it was pretty easy ;-)

[Post New]by Sofi1501 on May 31, 14 8:49 AM
I've jus unlock the 47 level and in the mini games I've have to sell apple pies that unlock in the 48 level, what can Ido? If I pay to unlock have to pay 22 bucks, but in the mini game I receive 12 bucks.

banrion7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by banrion7 on Jun 2, 14 6:13 AM
Witchy55 wrote:The best tip I can give you about Apple Pies is to stop worrying about getting them exactly the right size. You CAN go outside of the lines here

Once I quit trying to get them Exactly The Right Size, it was pretty easy ;-)

This really worked! Once I stopped worrying about getting the size right I was able to get three stars with time leftover. You rock Witchy55!

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on Jun 2, 14 7:03 PM
I do the horizontal first as it seems easier and then the vertical. It doesn't always work but I was able to get 3 star a few times at least and mastered the dish within a day.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jun 3, 14 5:27 PM
This works better for me on PC than phone and I rely on the Sound, so perhaps make sure you have yours turned on? Either way you roll it, it will make the "dung" sound when you've hit the right spot, then switch directions. I've only missed three stars one time which was because the mouse got stuck somehow.

QzQzQzQzQz
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by QzQzQzQzQz on Jul 4, 14 12:12 PM
I don't think 3 stars is possible on the iPad. Not even close to enough time and "ding" only happens when you decide to stop rolling. If you keep rolling, there is no ding. If anyone has achieved this on an iPad let me know.

Go to: