Bonus Chapter

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Bonus Chapter

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Jan 4, 14 9:39 AM
I have just finished the main game and loved it but I cannot now find how to get int0 the bonus chapter I have looked in extra content but can see nothing there, please help

Re:Bonus Chapter

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 4, 14 9:44 AM
They don't always have bonus chapters. I also looked but didn't see any extra game play.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 4, 14 9:47 AM
I know of no CE that doesn't have a Bonus Chapter, although there are a few CEs where the bonus is incorporated into the main game as an extra chapter or two.

I hope someone who has purchased the game can confirm that there is indeed extra content.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 4, 14 10:09 AM
I've just managed to get it installed after much kerfuffle my end. Can't see it in the Extras, but remember that some of the MCF games had the 'bonus' as part of the main game.

Let's wait and see....

ETA: Yes, Ditto Howatch.

Edited on 01/04/2014 at 10:13:37 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 4, 14 10:10 AM
Thanks, Tiger. Let us know.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 4, 14 10:12 AM
What Howatch said. And the game description here says about the CE content:
+ The origins of the Guardian bonus chapter
+ An additional new realm - the Nether

so there is a Bonus chapter. Hopefully someone can point the way.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 4, 14 10:28 AM
Once you complete the main game, I believe it you hit play you get a choice to play the bonus chapter.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jan 4, 14 11:09 AM
If you look in the Strategy Guide at the end of chapter 6, it says to use the Aether element on the guy and it will unlock the bonus chapter.

It's the guy standing up on the right side of the big head..lol

Edited on 01/04/2014 at 11:13:10 AM PST

[Post New]by wray_fish25 on Jan 4, 14 11:19 AM
Hi all , I have played the bonus chapter. To get it you click on the play button when you get the main menu after the main game ends. You are then given a choice of main game or bonus.
Hope this helps

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 4, 14 11:32 AM
Thank you.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 4, 14 2:01 PM
That's nice to know because I know there was a game a couple of weeks ago that didn't have extra game play, just the music, art, etc. and I wasn't going to buy this one, but now I'm going to for sure.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 4, 14 2:48 PM
Huhu, yes, I found the bonus chapter. There are two pictures to choose. I clicked the left one where I looked like in the main game. I think I had to choose the right picture. Now I can not find the bonus chapter. I am afraid to have to play the whole game again. But there is no warning "do you want to play the game again". Am I right? Please say "no". Hihi

[Post New]by wray_fish25 on Jan 4, 14 3:05 PM
Oops! Sorry, Maybe I should have said to choose the pic on the right. I wasn't sure either, so i chose the left pic first, but when i was asked to select the difficulty i suspected I might be resetting the game so i backed out & chose the other pic.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 4, 14 3:14 PM
i picked the left picture too...oooo noooooo. IS there a way to get around this bungle?

[Post New]by wray_fish25 on Jan 4, 14 3:22 PM
I dont know! Maybe the devs should have made it a bit more obvious which one was the bonus . If you chose a different difficulty level from the main game you first played it may not have reset, as to get all the achievements you have to play the game in both modes.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 4, 14 3:54 PM
CRUD!!! I did the same thing (pick the left picture)!! For pete's sakes that just shouldn't be allowed to happen...

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jan 4, 14 4:32 PM
I made the same mistake!! How on earth are players to know that the left picture represent the MAIN game and the right picture represent the BONUS game!!!!? I thought I was choosing a profile look, so I stayed with the same character (left side picture).
Can't find a way around it.. and REPLAYING the whole GAME again is NOT an option, thank you very much!!! This is totally unacceptable...

Edited on 01/06/2014 at 2:56:33 AM PST

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 4, 14 4:39 PM
Hello, how can I chance the difficulty? When I click play under my first profile the game begins to start without asking what difficulty I want to play. Under a new profile of course the bonus game is locked. Grr. This is a trap.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jan 5, 14 11:54 AM
I did the same thing, very very frustrating. Now do I have to play the game again? I don't have the option of the challenge level. I really did like this game. Will there be a fix?

LittleWren
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LittleWren on Jan 5, 14 12:40 PM
Agreed that coming to the end where you have to choose whether to replay the main game or the bonus chapter, there should be something more definitive about which is which. Or, if you do choose a difficulty level (some CE's make you choose it for the bonus chapter, too), it should come back with a dialogue saying "You've already completed the main game at this difficulty level. Play again?" or something. Really frustrating. Hoping there will be an update to fix this.

Go to: