dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Menu Button

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 4, 14 4:00 PM
Has anyone had issues with the Menu button? I click on it and nothing happens, so I have no way to quit out of the game. I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Menu Button

[Post New]by KCErin on Jan 4, 14 4:05 PM
I had the same problem. I did the old ctrl-alt-del trick and did an 'end task' from the task manager. I restarted the game and it went back to the same place (whew) and the menu button worked after that.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 4, 14 4:14 PM
Very odd. I'll try that and see if it works. Thank you!

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 4, 14 4:17 PM
I tried your suggestion of ctrl+alt+delete and ending the task, then restarting the game, but it didn't work.

Hopefully, someone has a fix for this. I'm assuming this should work fine on Windows 8.

Any suggestions?

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 4, 14 6:00 PM
It's working now. I did an update to my graphics card and restarted my laptop, and now the menu seems to be working!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 5, 14 5:36 AM
I did the same as you did in regards to the graphic card update. And I un-installed my game manager and then re-installed due to now running Windows 8.1.
It now seems to run fine.

By the way, did you have developer come up in your profile when you where trying to enter a profile?

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 5, 14 7:45 PM
I don't think I had a developer come up.

Well, the issue came back just a little while ago and I had to force quit the game again. UGH. It's very frustrating.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 5, 14 7:46 PM
Also, I did not uninstall the game manager, as I didn't want to lose all the games that were loaded into it. If I uninstall and reinstall, will they automatically come back, or will I have to go download them all again? I didn't want to have to do that.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 6, 14 3:55 AM
dzinr38, your complete history will re load when you un-install and re-install the game manager.
Whew' I just went and checked as I wasn't sure after you asked!
Thank goodness, huh?

Edited on 01/06/2014 at 3:56:24 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jan 6, 14 5:30 AM
I have been having the same problem with the menu button, and my profile is "Developer" and now my hint button does not seem to work. Getting a little frustrated at this point almost want to delete the game. Come on Big Fish fix the problem

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 6, 14 3:50 PM
Weird how your profile is developer, Kayen59. I may try CiChDa's suggestion and uninstall and reinstall the game manager and see if that fixes it. I'm frustrated with it, as well, and do not like having to force quit the game each time. UGH

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 7, 14 2:59 AM
dzinr38, just wanted to come back in and say it didn't last....once I excited I lost my ability to use the menu....

So, to all of you, my fix was short lived.

As I said, I sent in a Dr Felix report and now have deleted the last two CE's offered due to not being able to play them.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jan 7, 14 3:44 PM
Thanks, CiChDa, and let me know what they come back with. It would be nice to be able to play the game and not have to force quit out of it every time.

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Jan 19, 14 1:21 AM
Hi, I had the same problem with the menu button, on a Mac. My profile was Developer, too. Creating a new profile didn't work.
What did work, strangely, was deleting the Develpoer profile. Result: no profile at all, not a single menu button. After forcing the game shut and opening it again, I was able to create a new profile and delete the Developer.
Now the menu button works (hope it lasts), I 'just' have to start right at the beginning of the game, again.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 22, 14 4:06 PM

Yes, I had the same problem. Being on a Mac, I had to click on Option/Command/Esc to force quit the game.

If you are on a PC, I don't know what path you would follow to force quit the game.

Not a big problem for me, but certainly an inconvenience.

Edited on 01/22/2014 at 5:13:14 PM PST

Go to: