redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

chess puzzle

[Post New]by redknight on Jan 4, 14 9:00 PM
I've played most of the game with relatively no problem but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to solve the chess puzzle in the bonus chapter where you have to move the pawns onto the pressure plates.

I solve Level 1 with no problem but cannot get past level 2. The strategy guide only says to solve the puzzle. It doesn't even detail it.

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:chess puzzle

[Post New]by redknight on Jan 5, 14 9:03 AM
I finished it. It was rather easy once I took the time to look at my moves.

googirl999
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by googirl999 on Jan 6, 14 5:09 PM
Can you give us a hint?

[Post New]by ceruleanmoon on Jan 6, 14 8:37 PM
Redknight, I would be grateful for a clue as well. I'm completely stuck at this point and don't want to click on the Skip. The Strategy Guide is no help.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 7, 14 12:33 PM
Try to work back from the green dot in L shaped moves to the knight. The last game puzzled me for a while, the first move is into the corner but that is all I remember, sorry.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Jan 7, 14 2:05 PM
I think they are talking about the "moving of chess pieces" by the "doll". I would also like a hint. Stuck.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Jan 7, 14 2:36 PM
(Nevermind). Went right back in and did it! I still don't know how. If you can get past the 2nd one, the third one is easy.

[Post New]by ceruleanmoon on Jan 7, 14 6:02 PM
I'm jealous of Stasibug and Redknight for figuring it out so easily! I don't usually get stumped for this long, but for some reason, this puzzle has me completely puzzled. I'm going to try Redknight's strategy and come at it fresh in the morning. If that fails, I'm calling my big sister and asking her. She knows everything. ha!

Thanks to those of you who sent me PMs trying to help. You're the best.
Cer

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Jan 7, 14 8:55 PM
Please don't be jealous. I have no clue how I did it. Just logic at some point I guess (or luck). I do so wish these kinds of pms would be shared with the rest of us. It would be so helpful. But bless you all for many years of great help!

babytax68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by babytax68 on Jan 10, 14 1:53 PM
Now this probably sounds way better in my head, but I will help get it out as best as I can! Playing the game in casual mode and Naming the pressure plates numerically like reading, left to right and top to bottom.

(Board 1)
1) Push the right pawn to plate 4.
2) Walk two spaces right of plate 1 and push the left pawn to plate 1.
3) Walk under plate 3 and push the pawn up one space.
4) Push the pawn on the left to plate 2.
5) Walk two spaces above plate 3 and push the last pawn down to plate 3.

(Board 2)
1) Push the right pawn all the way to plate 5.
2) Walk 2 spaces above plate 1; push the pawn below you to plate 4.
3) Push the pawn to your left, left one space.
4) Walk behind the pawn you just moved and push it all the way to plate 2.
5) Walk three spaces above plate 3; push the pawn down to plate 3.
6) Walk to the right of the last free pawn, push it left one space and then down to plate 1.

(Board 3)
1) Walk above the top-right pawn and push it down 2 spaces (don’t push it all the way or you will block yourself in).
2) Walk 2 spaces above plate 2; push the pawn below you to plate 2 and then left to plate 1.
3) Push the pawn above plate 3 down to plate 3.
4) Push the last free pawn three spaces to the right and then down to plate 2.

I really hope this helps whomever reads it and you have my congrats!

[Post New]by ceruleanmoon on Jan 10, 14 6:31 PM
THANK YOU so much babytax! Your clear directions allowed me to finish puzzle 2 (3 was really easy by comparison). I could have sworn I tried those moves and couldn't finish it, but your instructions really did the trick. I truly appreciate your help.

babytax68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by babytax68 on Jan 11, 14 8:53 PM
Your quite welcome ceruleanmoon; Just my way of stopping the madness! And you are so right, that 2nd board was a doozy, specially since that is playing in casual mode, hum, go figure? Haven't even attempted expert mode yet, guess that's next!

[Post New]by kmcass46 on Apr 1, 14 1:24 PM
Have had this game for awhile but just worked it. thought I read all the posts. no help in the stagey guide. missed this one. rats. skipped the 2nd level on this puzzle after what I thought got all possible moves. guess not. didn't get all the achievements as a result. bummer. might play it over sometime or not.

Go to: