orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For Rebuild the European Union here only

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 6, 14 4:55 AM
kindly post technical problems here ....

Edited on 01/06/2014 at 9:14:48 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Rebuild the European Union here only

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 6, 14 9:14 AM
Heya All,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

urban1a
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by urban1a on Jan 8, 14 1:39 PM
Just found and downloaded this game. Unfortunately, it merely opens a menu, the music starts and it immediately minimizes.

Apparently no one else had the problem, so I'll delete it.

Bob

[Post New]by ActionWorks on Jan 10, 14 12:06 PM

Edited on 01/14/2014 at 2:54:28 PM PST

janiestep
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by janiestep on Jan 15, 14 1:32 PM
The game has quit letting me use the powerups that you pay points for. It worked for several levels then one a time (even tho' it shows I have 3 available (on 3 different powerups) It will not let me use them

[Post New]by ActionWorks on Jan 16, 14 10:55 AM
janiestep wrote:The game has quit letting me use the powerups that you pay points for. It worked for several levels then one a time (even tho' it shows I have 3 available (on 3 different powerups) It will not let me use them

That's interresting. What level are you playing? You can't use Power-Ups on Puzzle-Match3 levels (every 3rd level in towns). Have you progressed several levels and still can't use Power-Ups?
Also check the Power-Up Shop between two levels (without starting the next level because it will be unavailable if you are in the middle of a level).
What is it saying? If all the dots are grey it means the Power-Ups are empty. If they are colored you have charges. Try to buy Power-Ups there and check if they can be used.
Also note that several Power-Ups are requiring you to click on the game table to position the Power-Up. The click have to be made with the left mouse button. The right mouse button cancels the usage of the Power-Up.

[Post New]by blondee_47 on Jan 29, 14 12:20 PM
Dublin Level 3 has no ability to tell how long player has played and offers no solution or way out of this level. After 3 days of every configuration there is no winning it.

Please advise what to do. If there needs to be a correction to the game programming will I be told to re-load and have to start from the beginning?

[Post New]by ActionWorks on Jan 30, 14 12:29 AM
blondee_47 wrote:Dublin Level 3 has no ability to tell how long player has played and offers no solution or way out of this level. After 3 days of every configuration there is no winning it.

Please advise what to do. If there needs to be a correction to the game programming will I be told to re-load and have to start from the beginning?

Please search on youtube for "ReBuild the EU - 12/3 Dublin". The solution is at the end of the video, there are several tries before it what were not successful.
There are no known bugs in the game but if you tried that exact combination what was presented in the video and it's still not working, let me know.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Feb 2, 14 8:16 AM
I do not understand what is going on with this game. I can only play a few levels before it starts to drag and barely allow me to switch items. It then takes a long time before I can switch another item. When I finish a level like this, it takes a long time for the end screen to come up and a longer time for it to allow a clikc on OK. I have even tried a clean reboot on my computer and playing it without any other programs open in background and it still happenes after a few levels.

It appears to be a memory hog that will not run smoothly. I have had no such problem with any other Match 3 game and I buy most of them.

[Post New]by ActionWorks on Feb 2, 14 9:58 AM
machamc wrote:I do not understand what is going on with this game. I can only play a few levels before it starts to drag and barely allow me to switch items. It then takes a long time before I can switch another item. When I finish a level like this, it takes a long time for the end screen to come up and a longer time for it to allow a clikc on OK. I have even tried a clean reboot on my computer and playing it without any other programs open in background and it still happenes after a few levels.

It appears to be a memory hog that will not run smoothly. I have had no such problem with any other Match 3 game and I buy most of them.

What are your computer's specs? CPU/RAM/VGA, operating system? Maybe a firewall or antivirus program is stealing your resources or an old driver is malfunctioning. If you are playing fullscreen, try to run the game in windowed mode (it's in the Options menu, what can be accessed from the Main Menu) or the other way around and check if the problem still persist. We never experienced such problems, so can't give you a solution right now, sorry.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Feb 2, 14 12:41 PM
ActionWorksWhat are your computer's specs? CPU/RAM/VGA, operating system? Maybe a firewall or antivirus program is stealing your resources or an old driver is malfunctioning. If you are playing fullscreen, try to run the game in windowed mode (it's in the Options menu, what can be accessed from the Main Menu) or the other way around and check if the problem still persist. We never experienced such problems, so can't give you a solution right now, sorry.[/quote wrote:

Thank you for replying. I don't know much about specs but I have an older Dell Computer, Pentium 4 CPU 3.40 GHz, 2G Ram, Legacy Video Applied Device - sound, video, game controller. McAfee Antivirus. I have been running the game in windowed mode but just tried it full screen.. It slowed down much faster, wasn't even able to finish one level. Restarted and played in windows mode and was able to almost finish 3 levels before it slowed down. If I exit and restart the game, it is normal until it slows down again. If it were some other program slowing it down, I have no trouble running any of my other programs.

[Post New]by ActionWorks on Feb 2, 14 3:00 PM
machamc wrote:
Thank you for replying. I don't know much about specs but I have an older Dell Computer, Pentium 4 CPU 3.40 GHz, 2G Ram, Legacy Video Applied Device - sound, video, game controller. McAfee Antivirus. I have been running the game in windowed mode but just tried it full screen.. It slowed down much faster, wasn't even able to finish one level. Restarted and played in windows mode and was able to almost finish 3 levels before it slowed down. If I exit and restart the game, it is normal until it slows down again. If it were some other program slowing it down, I have no trouble running any of my other programs.

To be honest I don't have a clue. Your simptoms are suggesting that the game may have some kind of memory leak what slows down the whole game after a time. BUT we tested the game on a lot of computers (and BigFish also tested it), and never ever have faced an issue like this, also nobody else complained about problems like this before.
What you can try:
- update your VGA's driver to the latest. It can happen that your driver has some kind of bug what causes this error.
- update DirectX 9c to the latest version. Although DX9c is not updated for years, Windows usually not updates it automatically, even Windows7 forgets about this
- if nothing helps and you have access to a different computer, try to play on that computer

I hope one of these could help you. Nothing more can be done from our side now, because we couldn't reproduce this problem (I even tried the game with a really old computer to check this out but everything went fine).

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 17, 14 12:16 AM
Playing in OS 10.9.1 on a 27" iMac. Cannot even begin the game. The screen is broken up in large squares which includes elements of the desktop, the BF logo, and the game's opening graphics (where you type your name).

Changing the monitor to a lower resolution had no effect.

Edited on 02/17/2014 at 12:24:40 AM PST

foal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by foal on Feb 17, 14 10:25 PM
I have the same issues anyone got any ideas. I have no updates to download.

[Post New]by mazzro2 on Feb 18, 14 9:26 AM
i downloaded this game on my mac, but when i opened it, the screen fractured and i couldn't get out of it till the time ran out.

[Post New]by BeanHarris on Feb 20, 14 6:48 AM
Having same problems as others who are using a Mac. Game loads and opens to a scrambled screen which includes stuff from my desktop. Could not close. Had to manually shut down.

Edited on 02/20/2014 at 6:48:47 AM PST

[Post New]by luv2playBFG on Feb 21, 14 3:08 PM
Exactly the same here. screen breaks up as soon as it opens and included various things off the desktop. I also had to manually shut it down. Would love the opportunity to play this new Match 3 if I can get a solution?

Unable to Play in a Smaller Window

[Post New]by gotadimple on Feb 22, 14 9:58 AM
The game does not allow you to successfully uncheck Full Screen mode.

When I uncheck Full Screen and click OK, I get the message:

A problem happened. Unable to switch screen modes.

Using an HP 15" laptop running Windows 7

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 11:19:15 AM PST

[Post New]by mimi4neeyah on Mar 4, 14 12:49 PM
Just got this and the screen breaks up into squares, how do we fix this?

[Post New]by ActionWorks on Mar 6, 14 5:29 AM
mimi4neeyah wrote:Just got this and the screen breaks up into squares, how do we fix this?

For Mac users:

We are really sorry but it seems like something has changed in the newest OSX system and because the SDK what we were using is closed source, we can't fix this problem. It looks like the problem only appears on certain systems, so maybe it's a bug in the operating system but we couldn't get any information about this so it's just a wild guess.
If you are using OSX, please download the demo first. If it's working the full game will be ok. If it's not working, don't buy the game.

Again, we are very sorry but this problem can't be fixed by us.

Go to: