bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews For Asian Riddles 2

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 6, 14 9:18 AM
Hey All!

What do you think of Asian Riddles 2? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Asian Riddles 2 page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews For Asian Riddles 2

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 6, 14 9:19 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jan 6, 14 10:29 PM
Another (Good) Cookie Cutter

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
This is the second in a new series of nonogram games (sometimes called pictographs, and the same type of puzzle as the Mosaics series). Like the first Asian Riddles, this game is sweet, delicate and peaceful.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS

Really, the only difference between this series and any other nonogram series is the atmosphere. Done in beautifully detailed graphics, with wallpapered borders instead of ugly black bars, the game is just a joy to look at. Likewise, the music is serene, Asian in tone, and ethereal. This is a very peaceful game. The one jarring note is that the games are timed and time constitutes the top score system.

GAMEPLAY
The gameplay is standard for this type of game and almost identical to the first. The ‘contest’ gives you a limited number of hints and allowable mistakes, and you play for coins, which you can use in the ‘shop’ to buy hints, or add allowable mistakes, or gain access to the next level. Each new level increases in difficulty, but the hints and mistakes allowance also improve.

To mark a tile as empty, it is possible to either change it on the interface at the right hand side, or right click. I like the tiles the game uses, as they look like tiles, and the sound effect putting them down is appropriate.

To begin with, the game is incredibly easy it seems, but the limited number of allowable mistakes and hints available makes it a bit of a surprise. It doesn’t take long, anyhow, to move from 5x5 grids, to 10x10 grids, with none of the dead-easy 10x10 grids that are normally used to ease your way into trickier grids.

There are 12 rooms containing 12 levels in each. Your performance is rated using a three-star system, and you must get all 36 possible stars to move to the next room – unless you buy your way in. You can repeat any level as many times as you like to get the full rating.

The one major difference with this game from the first is that it does not seem to have trophies, so far as I could tell.

VERDICT
I am not good enough at these type of puzzles to be able to compare the degree of difficulty at higher levels, but at the lower levels, they do seem to be more difficult than other games like this.

If you like these sorts of games, and especially if you could use a challenging one, I think you’ll love this one.

As with most of this developer’s games, it is definitely zen.

I recommend this game!

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by hyperbole on Jan 8, 14 1:50 PM
I love nonograms, so I bought this game based on the high reviews. While the other reviews were accurate about the game's charms, I'm glad I used a punch card credit because what seems to be left out of the glowing reviews is the fact that you have to guess on a lot of the levels. This means that if you're trying to get 3 stars on all levels you will be repeating a few after you guess wrong. These repeats get draining on the higher levels* and sap a lot of the fun out of the game.

*For those who are unfamiliar, when a nonogram forces you to guess, that guess will always be the last move you make on that puzzle.

mudfarmer
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mudfarmer on Jan 15, 14 12:58 PM
I love this type of puzzle, and I am having a blast with this version as well. The only thing that is tripping me up so far is that it marks off the finished clues a bit sooner than I am used to (from the World Mosaic series): I've made a few mistakes when I lost track to which part of the puzzle the remaining clues are referring to. I have also caught it marking off clues as done when there is no way to tell that without knowing the solution. That and the occasional 50/50 guess are my only downsides so far.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 6, 14 9:51 AM
I'm currently in Room 12 and finding the game extremely
challenging. I'm doing a lot of counting and recounting at
times, just to determine what goes in one square, but with
patience, I have managed to do each puzzle, BUT, sometimes
for the last 2 or 4 squares, it becomes a matter of a "guess"
or use a hint. I don't like using hints, but when I've worked
on the same puzzle for 20 or 30 minutes, I'm not going to
guess and have to repeat, because you MUST have 3 stars
in every single puzzle to get into Room 12.

This has to be the hardest nanogram I've ever played, but
I am enjoying the challenge and have accepted that I will
have to use the occasional hint.

Go to: