orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For Esoterica: Hollow Earth here only

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 7, 14 12:38 AM
technical problems? post here please ......

Edited on 01/07/2014 at 9:14:05 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Esoterica: Hollow Earth here only

[Post New]by crispypot on Jan 7, 14 2:15 AM
Hi all, yet another game that wont play for me, think its my computer but wouldnt have a clue how to fix it, all games download fine but i press play and get an access violation at 0x004DF1A4, tried to read from 0X00000004, programme terminated i`ve uninstalled and reinstalled BFG games app twice but hasnt made a difference if anyone can help i would really appreciate it, thanks in advance, running windows XP

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jan 7, 14 2:22 AM
Unfortunately I too have the same problems, Access violation 0x004DF1A4. I have shut of virus prograp, installed and reinstalled (which took forever) and still get same mesage. Darn it, sounds like a good game. Oh well no review from me today

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Jan 7, 14 2:55 AM
I have the same message..

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jan 7, 14 3:33 AM
It can be caused by a number of things, but the first, easiest thing to check and try, is to see if you can run the game using the .exe file (without going through the game manager). Do you know how to access the .exe file?

It's located in the file folder for the [Game Name] you will find in your Program(x86) directory. If you don't have hidden fles showing in your directories, you'll have to allow them to show.

Just find the .exe file, right click on it, and make a shortcut. Pull the shortcut to your desktop, then double click it and see if the game will start without a problem. If you still get an access violation error, then I would check for updates to your graphics card. This game is very, very graphic intense. You'll need a graphic card with lots of memory available. Also, if you have any other processes running, (game manager, anti-virus, etc.) that consume resources, you may have to stop them.

Just some suggestions.

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 4:34:26 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 7, 14 5:05 AM
It is always worthwhile clicking on the help button (top right this page); I found that a great help when I started gaming years ago.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 7, 14 5:36 AM
Add me too the list of folks unable to run this game..access violation 0x004df1a4

I made sure I had enough resources, uninstalled a couple of games to open up the space over 4 gig,
The game acts like it really wants to play and then pops back into the access violation message.
Too bvad, this one looks really lovely
I'm running XP

[Post New]by monkeyshines on Jan 7, 14 8:13 AM
I keep getting access violation at oxoo4DF1A4 (tried to read from oX00000004), program terminated. I would like to at least try this game . thank you monkeyshines.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 7, 14 9:13 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting the thread started for us.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Access Violation

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jan 7, 14 11:28 AM
monkeyshines wrote:I keep getting access violation at oxoo4DF1A4 (tried to read from oX00000004), program terminated. I would like to at least try this game . thank you monkeyshines.

same problem here...

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For Esoterica: Hollow Earth here only

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Jan 7, 14 12:46 PM
orphaned wrote:technical problems? post here please ......

I can not get this Brown Bottle in one of the HO's Not sure of where I am at but in the book I am on page 13 if that helps any. Please fix this as I see that others can not get this Brown Bottle either. I would love to finish playing this game as I do like it. So Please Help!!! Let me know also when this is fixed too.

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Jan 7, 14 12:49 PM
OH I FORGOT TO SAY ALSO. I DID UNINSTALLED/ REINSTALLED THIS GAME TO SEE IF THAT WOULD HELP OF GETTING THE BROWN BOTTLE IN THE HO BUT STILL CAN NOT GET IT. SO LIKE I SAID PLEASE HELP!!!!

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Jan 7, 14 2:35 PM
Access Violation. I was enjoying this game but No Buy

Edited on 01/07/2014 at 2:37:15 PM PST

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Jan 7, 14 3:37 PM
I am also getting access violation at oxoo4DF1A4 (tried to read from oX00000004), program terminated. This is the second game this month with the same access violation. First was Dark Angel (of course only after I bought it.) and this game. I downloaded the demo and never even go to try it. The error showed up right after I hit play. Hope there is going to be a solution for both games. I would really like to play them.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Jan 7, 14 4:00 PM
Terrible performance, freezes, black screens, dialogue but no screen, then image but no sound. All other games work great including the free-to-play. Problem is in the game not user's PC.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 7, 14 4:08 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you're experiencing.

If you're experiencing an Access Violation, I've included a handy help article with some troubleshooting steps to try to solve that issue. To reach that, just click on the blue text below:

Access Violations

Wolfpupscvc I'd recommend running your game as an administrator, to ensure that it has all the permissions it needs to run correctly. For help doing that, just click below:

Run Game as Administrator

Gropitou, I'd recommend restarting your computer and making sure that any other unnecessary programs are closed. Once that's done, it would also be a good idea to turn off the custom cursor in the game as this often helps things run more smoothly.

If these suggestions don't work, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be able to take a closer look at your system and offer more targeted suggestions to help sort things out.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

nan431
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by nan431 on Jan 7, 14 4:19 PM
same problem here, access violation. tried to install 2x same results. read articles still no help, too involved for an older person who is computer challenged. too bad looked like a fun game.

[Post New]by hboyzmom on Jan 7, 14 5:18 PM
I am having the same problem can not get the Brown Bottle at all. I have even uninstalled/ installed the game back. Went back in to the HO & still can not get this BOTTLE. Please Help as can not finish this game at all until fixed. I do like this game but still nothing & would love to finish this game. So please contact me when it is fixed so I can play the game again. I am on my laptop with Windows 7 PC. I am going to get ahold with Customer Support also on this matter.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Jan 7, 14 8:12 PM
Wolfpupscvc and hboyzmom -

I also ran into this same issue. I had no option but to start over with a new profile and when I got to that scene again I was given a different set of words to find. Very frustrating I know, but at least then I was able to continue and finish the game. Hope this helps.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jan 7, 14 9:11 PM
second game in a row with a problem. Cannot get the brown bottle...everything else works..not frozen..just that bottle. Another game bites the dust and even though the demo played well doesn't mean the game is going to play through. Guess we can just install, uninstall, change this and change that but to no avail. Big Fish will tell us to contact CS...ok but then what????? It appears one more time BF is letting game through that don't play properly...Play the demo and assume game will play...NOT

Go to: