orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

what a fabulous game!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 7, 14 1:15 AM
is like being in an old time movie where you can interact with characters !

beautifully done with great graphics and nifty puzzles. add to that an intriguing storyline - close to perfection !!

thanks for a terrific treat!!!

Re:what a fabulous game!!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jan 7, 14 1:20 AM
how do you get to view these games so quickly?!! Mine is still downloading!

And why are you not writing us a nice little review everyday? You are clearly on top of it all!

Thank you for your chirpy presence here in the forums every day. It is becoming a much nicer place to hang out in!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 7, 14 1:35 AM
dear JustTheFacts:

well, thank you darling !!! what lovely things you say!!

am a night owl and await the TGT with "baited" breath every day!!!

as soon as saw the description - KNEW was a really good one!! so skipped try and went directly to buy!!! am so not disappointed!!

will always leave reviews to experts like you!!! I do and (although rarely find one have not liked!!)

how funny you would say chirpy as with my last name got called Tweety Bird all through schooll!!

thx again for such lovely words!!!

now, do a beautiful review !!! as always!!

501?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 7, 14 1:39 AM
JustTheFacts wrote:how do you get to view these games so quickly?!! Mine is still downloading!

And why are you not writing us a nice little review everyday? You are clearly on top of it all!

Thank you for your chirpy presence here in the forums every day. It is becoming a much nicer place to hang out in!

My download was taking a while first thing too JTF ; at 5% after I can't remember how long I gave up and stopped it! Downloading now at a rate of knots! (Thank you for your brilliant reviews BTW! )

[Post New]by traitonone on Jan 7, 14 2:10 AM
I agree! What a nice surprise.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jan 7, 14 5:02 AM
Welcome to the pond traitonone! Hope you are enjoying this game as much as I am!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 7, 14 7:52 AM
Am finally getting to d/l game. Woke up to a house that was 56 degrees F and no power this morning. It is 17 outside. Thank the powers that be for the guys that work outside in this to fix the power. Can't live without coffee, heat and BigFish in the morning. This is in Houston, really feel sorry for all you guys that live up North and deal with this on a daily basis.

Cannot wait to start this game, Just The Facts made it sound like great fun.

Edited:

Gave the demo about 5 min. to see if my computer was going to make nice and bought it.

BigFish great graphics especially now that I've gotten into the art deco thanks to another poster.

Edited on 01/07/2014 at 8:29:26 AM PST

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jan 7, 14 9:07 AM
Played my hour & had to buy. I'm drawn to any game with an art deco, 1920-1930's or steampunk theme. So far has great story to go with the game, good graphics & nothing outside of the time period. I had a good LOL moment early on when our heroine is in a fired up, emergency, let's go save grandpa right now mode but says "Now's as good a time as any to finish this embroidery project!!"

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jan 7, 14 9:09 AM
Stay warm Penny!

Just demoed the game and agree at the fun! It seems to be done around prohibition period and it's a bit rustic in game play. Really enjoyable perhaps because it so much reminds me of the old Sienna game of Laura Bow! Now we need a King's Quest! Definite buy.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jan 7, 14 4:17 PM
I am absolutely loving these forums., I've seen them but never really read or looked into them. I thank all the contributors. I am also loving the onslaught of these soft releases lately. I love the originality and different looks than we usually get in the big name games. I've been playing quite a few games the past few days with all the snow, and now the brutal cold. Thank you all and a big ty to BFG for helping to keep my mind off of the COLD.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 8, 14 5:23 AM
Joyfullady wrote:Stay warm Penny!

Just demoed the game and agree at the fun! It seems to be done around prohibition period and it's a bit rustic in game play. Really enjoyable perhaps because it so much reminds me of the old Sienna game of Laura Bow! Now we need a King's Quest! Definite buy.

Wouldn't that be wonderful! I loved that series so much back in the day.

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on Jan 9, 14 11:29 AM
I enjoyed this game so much because as goldendog08 said
I'm drawn to any game with an art deco, 1920-1930's or steampunk theme.

I loved everything about this game. I got it for a PCC and enjoyed playing it for a few days. For me, the minigames and HOP scenes were well done and I was able to complete most of them but skipped a few.

Thanks to BFG and the developers for one that goes on my all time favorites list. I would love another adventure with this character in this time period.

[Post New]by aleta59 on Jan 9, 14 5:41 PM
Hey, Houston, you think 17 is cold?? We had 5 below, with wind chill of 30 below, up her in NE PA. Good game, you will enjoy it. Know what you mean about waking up to BG. Gotta have my game on to get going.

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Jan 12, 14 3:55 PM
At first I was worried this was going to be a pretty silly game but it turned out to be a lot of fun and very engaging. And an SE -- long, to boot! What a nice surprise!

Go to: