orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Any Technical Problems For Cruel Collections: The Any Wish Hotel here only

[Post New]by orphaned on Jan 8, 14 12:37 AM
please post technical difficulties here .....

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 9:12:02 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Cruel Collections: The Any Wish Hotel here only

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jan 8, 14 12:46 AM
First I got an Access Violation. I exited and restarted the game and then it froze. Would have been a much nicer game with voiceovers. Sorry a no buy for me.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Cruel Collections: The Any Wish Hotel here only

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jan 8, 14 1:00 AM
I got in the lift, picked up the plank and the game froze, the music stopped, the custom cursor froze and a system cursor turned up which only appeared on half the screen but didn't actually work. Had to CntrlAltDel to escape. A shame because I was enjoying this rather cartoony style of game - quite a change from all the games we have now that try for a 3D reality.

I personally wasn't that bothered by the lack of voices, I tend to read the text quicker than the voice and want to get on with the game! At least this way I wasn't doing the 'why are the Brothers Grimm suddenly cockneys rant'.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jan 8, 14 5:34 AM
this the second game in less than 2 weeks to get access violation. what's going on here? no buy for me.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jan 8, 14 7:12 AM
I had the exact same problem as NellieGemini. I was rather enjoying the game (demo), too, then ALL of a sudden. . . .!! I, too, have to wonder what's up with the jam ups (violation errors) with some of these soft release games?!? As I'm on a relatively new Toshiba Satellite computer (purchased this past March or April of 2013) and running Windows 8.1 with EVERYthing upgraded, I'm confused. However, since I do monthly maintenance on my computer(s), now is just as good a time to uninstall and re-install everything just to make sure it's not my system (which I know it isn't). In the meantime, it's 'tally-ho' on to the next game!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 8, 14 7:24 AM
I too got an access violation error. Like nelliegemini, the custom cursor froze and I got a system cursor which only appeared on half the screen but did not work. I too had to do Cntrl Alt Delete. I will go back in and take it off of custom cursor and see if that makes a difference. I didn't like the big clunky cursor anyway. I am really enjoying this game otherwise.

beaner53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by beaner53 on Jan 8, 14 7:28 AM
I am at the telescope and have the winch handle, but then I click to put it on the winch, I keep getting the flying bird. Please help!

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 7:31:35 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 8, 14 7:43 AM
After taking it off the big clunky cursor, I no longer get the access violation error and it hasn't frozen and the game works fine.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Jan 8, 14 8:03 AM
Hi i am very disappointing yet another game with access violation,what is going on with Big Fish,i guess i will not buy no more that much games

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jan 8, 14 8:27 AM
access violations all over the place. I'm disappointed because I really liked this game. I'm heading to customer service to get a refund/credit unless it's going to be fixed.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jan 8, 14 8:45 AM
Once again, as with another program I get an access violation. Are the developers not testing their programs anymore???&&*&%$#$?

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jan 8, 14 8:45 AM
mhatfie wrote:After taking it off the big clunky cursor, I no longer get the access violation error and it hasn't frozen and the game works fine.

I'll try that, thanks!

annebil
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by annebil on Jan 8, 14 8:52 AM
beaner53 wrote:I am at the telescope and have the winch handle, but then I click to put it on the winch, I keep getting the flying bird. Please help!

The same happened to me.
I changed the cursor. Clicked twicw on the flying bird and could Place the handle. But now in the end I get Access viollation Message. Something is defenitely wrong With this game.

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 10:17:02 AM PST

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jan 8, 14 8:59 AM
Another strange thing that happened, a have a book number 11 that is just hovering on the screen. It happened right after I looked at the book puzzle. Weird.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 8, 14 9:00 AM
This game absolutely froze my computer when I tried to open the demo. There was a black window not quite centered over the screen and I had no access to any other program, as the little icon showing loading kept going round and round. I was afraid I was going to have to do a restore. I ended up calling HP and had scheduled a fairly costly visit by a tech, when, after turning the computer on for about the 6th time, suddenly the black window for the game was gone and I had access to my computer again. As far as I can tell, even though all I saw was a black window centered on my screen, the game itself thought it was running, so when the hour demo was over, it gave me my computer back. Later, I did check Games Manager and saw that the time for the demo had expired. I really don't know what to say, but that was extremely upsetting. I've never had something like this happen with Big Fish and I've been a member for going on 3 years.

Edited on 01/08/2014 at 11:00:03 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 8, 14 9:09 AM
Hey there,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by crazycatjag on Jan 8, 14 11:17 AM
I haven't had a problem until now. I am suppose to go to the elevator and all the buttons are damaged except the #3. I have no idea what they want me to do. When I touch the Hint button. It just goes to the #3 in the elevator. What am I suppose to do. I have a cane, matches, mask. Thats it. Hope you can help.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Jan 8, 14 11:22 AM
flaxin wrote:
mhatfie wrote:After taking it off the big clunky cursor, I no longer get the access violation error and it hasn't frozen and the game works fine.

I'll try that, thanks!

I tried that also and it worked for me. It had froze up early in the game

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 8, 14 11:35 AM
Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear about these issues.

It sounds like turning off the custom cursor has been helping some gamers resolve the access violations. To do that, open your game, and on the main menu, click 'Option' and make sure the 'System Cursor' box is checked.

Also, it would be very helpful if you all would contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can do some investigation into why this is happening. It would also help if you'd include a Dr. Felix Report in your help request. To reach the team, just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Jan 8, 14 12:53 PM
I can't even download the game. I get an Error Code 2 on it and when I researched that code it said to update Vista. I don't have Vista. I have Windows 7.

Go to: