Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Residents

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 8, 14 9:06 AM
They're just bizarre.

First of all, they do nothing but pace. Endlessly. Even the babies. I've had a baby crawling around the bathroom for ages before I even built a room for the baby. And when I did that, up popped another baby. I've got 3 adults, 1 kid, and 2 babies in a house meant for 2 adults and 2 children. It's a good thing none of them sleep, because two of them have nowhere to do it.

And now, I've just recently built my second house. No residents popped up with the first room - the bedroom - but now that the kitchen has been added on, along came somebody. I hadn't realized the bookshelf in the bedroom would block the doorway to the kitchen, but that was no problem to this guy. Apparently the bookshelf is floating in midair, so he walked right underneath it.

And then... he walked right through the outside wall of the house, and kept on walking, across the lawn and off the screen. I guess he didn't like the furniture and color scheme I chose for the bedroom!

This game is clearly still buggy and in need of a major overhaul.

SkippyTrini
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Residents

[Post New]by SkippyTrini on Jan 15, 14 4:49 AM
You can put your bookcase in storage then go to the treasure box and place it some where else the residents pop up randomly no order to it that is how the game is that is all!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 16, 14 1:25 AM
I don't actually care much where I put the furniture. All the game cares about is the number of stars the furniture is worth and which room it goes in. Nothing else has to make sense.

None of my other residents walked right through an exterior wall and off the screen. That's why I think this game is still buggy.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Feb 20, 14 9:20 PM
I'm just curious...

When the game loads and the screen opens where you select to play game it shows residents with brown hair. I don't see that those particular residents are available to pick from when they are appearing in my houses.

Has anyone else been able to get them, or are they non-existent.

Perhaps that is who walked off the screen in Valkara's game.

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Feb 21, 14 5:56 AM
SnowBunnyB16 wrote:I'm just curious...

When the game loads and the screen opens where you select to play game it shows residents with brown hair. I don't see that those particular residents are available to pick from when they are appearing in my houses.

Has anyone else been able to get them, or are they non-existent.

Perhaps that is who walked off the screen in Valkara's game.

That's a really good question that I wouldn't mind the developers answering myself. Because the only way I've seen in game to have a resident with brown hair is to choose the tan residents. I've yet to see a way of changing the hair colors that doesn't also include changing the skin tones as well.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 26, 14 9:46 PM
I love these comments. I am rolling around the floor laughing. I only a blonde headerd girl with a pony tail, All she does is pace & clean. Wish she'd come to my house & clean

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 28, 14 9:50 PM
Yours CLEANS? mine doesn't do diddly. I have to be the one to "clean" (clicking on the green disks). What I find weird is that I gave her a husband (when i built her a bedroom) and TWO babies (Bathroom Baby and Baby Room Baby), and she ignores all of them--and vice versa. They sometimes look like they are approaching each other, then repel like a Roomba on a chair leg. I named them the Catatonia Family.

wilds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wilds on Apr 23, 14 10:03 AM
I have not laughed so much in long time i love these comments i read here more than i play the game,by the way i have three babies in a bathroom gave them several rubber duckies.I would be really happy if they would crawl out the wall and escape PLEASE! lol! you all, keep it up

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Apr 23, 14 11:37 PM
How the heck did you get THREE babies? None of the houses are supposed to have more than two babies and two kids--in addition to two adults.
Usually, you get one baby with the baby's room, and a second baby with the bathroom. Try blocking them off with furniture.
It worked for Valkara.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Apr 25, 14 11:55 PM
If you want to get rid of those annoying babies, try filling the baby's room and the bathroom completely with furniture (but make sure you block the doors first so nobody can get in or out). I only tried this with a living room, but it worked to get rid of the adult in the house. She's gone and never came back. The room needs to have zero open floor space, though.

It'll cost money and a couple of days' worth of collecting on it, but it's so peaceful without that constant pointless wandering around the house.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 7, 14 10:10 AM
I just had a baby that popped up outside went i built baby room. She crawled right off screen, wonder if they'll give me another child.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on May 7, 14 3:23 PM
She'll probably show up again when you reboot.

I'm trying to get rid of two of mine permanently--but can't seem to make it happen. (Yes, I'm a would-be virtual baby killer.)

Using the method Valkara described in the "adding doors" thread, I stuffed the baby room with couches. (Note to Valkara: the basement couch costs the same as the black coffee table, and delivers as quickly, but takes up one additional grid space, so it goes faster.)

The baby disappeared, but if I remove even a single piece of furniture from that room, she's back. I don't really want a room full of couches, so I guess I'll just have to put up with her crawling around. I can confine her to her room, but Baby #2 wants to live in the dining room, and to confine her, I'd have to lose a lot of open floor space.

If anyone figures out how to get rid of residents permanently, while still having the use of the room, please post.

(I wish we could sell babies--or at least put them in storage.)

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 9, 14 1:53 AM
I've no idea how to get rid of the people while keeping the rooms. I got rid of the man in my villa by filling the library with coffee tables (it takes 70 to do that).

Since I've now got 2 rooms in that house filled with coffee tables, I've decided to turn the place into a grow-op for plants while I collect enough money to buy a 7th house (they cost $16 million at this point).

I never did get a task to build a door in this house. They must enter and exit via an escape tunnel somewhere.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on May 9, 14 4:24 PM
Well, if you got rid of all of them, then I guess a door is moot.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 11, 14 1:43 PM
I kept the little girl. She will be forever pacing her bedroom, with no toys to play with except a globe. Her room has no windows, and I put her dresser across the doorway so she can't get out. Anyway, her room opens on to the Room of 128 Coffee Tables and the Tulip Grow-Op #1, so there's really nowhere for her to go.

In the meantime, I built the 7th house. The 8th one costs $24 MILLION!!!

That's insane.

[Post New]by Mystery_Girl1 on May 15, 14 10:48 AM
I just finished building all of the rooms in the Family House, but I never received a Dad. Can anybody help me with this?

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 16, 14 1:14 AM
You can change one of the other adults into a man, if you want. If you're short one adult, though, consider yourself lucky. These residents do nothing but wander endlessly, ignoring everything and everyone around them, including their babies.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on May 23, 14 8:38 AM
I wonder where the houses top out in price?

I came up with brilliant solution for banning babies from my conversion of an open plan house into a night club. (Who wants babies crawling through a night club?)

I converted the baby's room into a raised performance stage, by filling it with square black tables (each one takes up four grid spaces!) and some studio lamps. Got rid of that baby.

Got rid of the dining room area baby by converting that area into a lower stage, using the flat "block" tables. (Stuck a karaoke machine and a piano at the ends of the blocked space to have it make sense.) No more baby.

DEVELOPERS: How about giving us a product to buy called "Bay-B-B-Gone" (I can see it now--in a brightly colored spray can!) that can be applied to one baby. Make it cost about as much as it costs to fill a room with furniture. I would not mind paying twice to fill a room if I could have the use of the room as I chose--without the pesky babies wandering through. For a little more, a slightly larger can, called "Kid Kure" and for a bit more than that, a still larger can called "Adult-Away."

Let those who want more people "hire" them (buying people is so 1850s!) for extra cash--or let us shift people from one house to another, just as we now can shift furniture using the storage facility.. (I could actually use more kids and babies in the family house I am converting to a day care center.)

This game could be a lot more creative with more options for both furniture and population.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 27, 14 12:55 PM
Absolutely. The only game I like that has people in it are the Farmscapes and Gardenscapes. I love making Austin dance. The dopey residents in *this* game don't do anything. They should have starved to death by now.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on May 27, 14 1:51 PM
Now that I know there is no chance of the PC version getting any improvements or upgrades (see other thread), I'm losing interest. I'll probably finish up the houses I have now and then go back to playing SIMS. It's more intense--but also more versatile and interesting.

But it has been fun discovering other weirdos playing this game.

Go to: