Are there going to be new items?

[Post New]by RJMiller on Jan 8, 14 2:43 PM
I like this game.....slow, but like to design the rooms. Even though most of the furniture doesn't match. Are there ever going to be new updates that give us more furniture, etc.?

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Are there going to be new items?

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 8, 14 4:21 PM
It would be nice to have a wider choice of some things. I think I've got the same piece of art in four different rooms (honestly, who puts fancy paintings in a bathroom?).

Cafe_13
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Cafe_13 on Jan 20, 14 3:47 AM
Hello All.

I think newer - cheaper items would be good. All the stylish items, you have to buy with gold coins.

The only drawback for me is the size of some of the items in proportion to the rooms. the fireplaces are tiny compared to some of the book case. You almost need to fill up a room for it to look homely!

The game is good, but the residents just walking around does spoil it for me. If they interacted at some stage it would be a great game!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 28, 14 5:15 PM
Hello All,

I'm also enjoying decorating my little nest(s) (I just bought my second home).

I just wanted to duck in to let you know that we do hope to see new content for Design this Home in the future. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we'll be seeing some new furniture options for you soon!

bfgDeveron

S_haron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by S_haron on Jan 30, 14 10:03 PM
bfgDeveron,
Please tell them to come up with some new wallpaper--new patterns and particularly new solids that aren't so garish. What about silver gray, pale yellow/sand stripe, slate and pale aqua blue, other neutrals besides ivory and sand?
And rugs: they're just about all maroon-based color. Can we have some with yellow, green, rust, etc?
And furniture: can we please have some more colors in the furniture besides beige, black and white?

Thanks,
S_haron

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 10:07:11 PM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 31, 14 4:59 AM
It would be nice if the 1 and 2-star rugs weren't all either glorified bathmats or boys' sports rugs. I had to put a basketball rug in the office.

S_haron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by S_haron on Jan 31, 14 4:20 PM
Valkara wrote:It would be nice if the 1 and 2-star rugs weren't all either glorified bathmats or boys' sports rugs. I had to put a basketball rug in the office.

LOL
Sounds smashing!

I think that's a very good point, too

A couple of other failings; You can't put anything over the fireplace; and the window curtains (the few that there are) are not interchangeable. If you want to change the look you have to buy a whole new window, not just change the curtain. I'm afraid Home Sweet Home has already shown us that these things can be done.
My last gripe for now concerns the tables. I bought a huge long table to go in my Sunroom thinking I could place several flowers on it under the wall of windows, and lo and behold, it only holds ONE plant. Yet the tiny little coffee table (in black, only) can hold TWO objects.

christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by christina1533 on Feb 1, 14 5:11 PM
I've been keeping a list of things I'd love to see added to this game, and I hope you all don't mind if I share it!

Why aren't there 1, 2, and 3 star item choices for all types of objects? For example, I believe there isn't a 2 star toilet option. You have to go with 1 or 3 stars, and a lot of the time, I have to REALLY like something to make a 3 star commitment, lol.

When you put wallpaper up in a room, why does it only go on the wall you click? Why can't the wall paper go on ALL of the walls in the room, like you would do if you wanted to wallpaper a room.

One of my houses has a sunroom, but there are really no good window or door options that look like they would let in a lot of light. I'm picturing floor to ceiling windows or sliding glass doors. But I can have a sunroom with curtained windows or solid wood doors.

When it comes to the kid's room furniture, there are both masculine and feminine options, but they're not evenly dispersed. For example, there's a heart themed, 1 star bed available, but if you want a masculine option, the only thing that comes close in the 1 star category is the simple twin bed. Yawn.

Every house I've started has basically been decorated the same, because it seems like there is only one way to go if you want both cheap and fast to get into the game with the new house (I hope this comment makes sense). More options for starting out would be nice.

The flooring and the wallpaper choices are just...weird. Those of us who aren't very adventurous home designers, and enjoy a more traditional look, are pretty much out of luck, it seems. I think I have lobby flooring in some of my houses' bedrooms, for example. It makes me feel bad for my little residents who have to sleep there.

Anyway, I think that's all I have for now. Thank you for letting me share!

S_haron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by S_haron on Feb 5, 14 12:51 PM
@christina1533:
I had to chuckle at (and agree with) all of your points except the one about the wallpaper. I actually like being able to accent a wall with a different color or pattern from the rest of the walls. That was one thing I wished for in the Home Sweet Home series. But, given that it only covers one wall, the wallpaper should be waaay cheaper than it is. And none of the wallpaper or flooring should cost any coins.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Feb 5, 14 10:15 PM
Some suggestions of items I would like to see added in addition to those already mentioned of course....

Grandfather clock, wall clocks, different windows, sewing machine, stack of books or magazines, radio, computer, laptop, posters for kids rooms, hutch, china cabinet, coat rack.

Edited on 02/06/2014 at 3:31:27 PM PST

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 20, 14 11:00 PM
AND...there are some items that will only turn in two directions, instead of four, which limits you in placing such items as the corner shower stall, for example.

AND...I agree about the proportions of the furniture. It should be all in the same scale, and in scale with the rooms. I have a twin bed that is bigger than the fireplace!

AND...don't those creepy big-headed zombies in my house ever DO anything? They don't even notice each other. Why even have them there?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 26, 14 9:50 PM
Valkara wrote:It would be nice to have a wider choice of some things. I think I've got the same piece of art in four different rooms (honestly, who puts fancy paintings in a bathroom?).

I saw it happen in a TV show called Sarah's House. Maybe a nice Waterfall painting.?

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 28, 14 9:56 PM
i think a picture of a waterfall would make it impossible to ever leave the bathroom.

Seriously I've ALWAYS had pictures in the bathroom in my real house.
Why not? It's a room, isn't it?

But I'd like to see a better selection. The art is horrible. Looks like stuff from the "Starving Artists" hotel shows. Why not copies of famous works of art from all period? A little Monet, Picasso--maybe a Roy Lichtenstein for the living room?

wilds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by wilds on Apr 22, 14 8:38 PM
i agree with all the above,and not to mention the lack of walls on the outside walls for doors.i have a full sunporch of windows of all kinds.does bfg even read any of the posts to see what we really want? I got bored with a few of the other so called popular games, so really concentrated on building houses.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Jul 17, 14 11:00 AM
In about a week I will be buying the last house on my block. I really hope they come up with new articles so this home will be different from all the others. I am tired of trying to make each house different with so little to choose from. Need a cheap line, then i star line,and then 3 star line. All separate and with items to do a whole home.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 18, 14 8:48 AM
This is from the post a few down from this one...No updates for PC game...

I just wanted to let you all know that I saw a post from May 20 on the Design This Home FB page that had replies from the game developers, in which they state that they have no plans in the "near future" to work on an update for the PC version of Design This Home. Instead, they're working on a new game.

So, if you're still playing the game to save up money for the new furniture items/homes/residents that you think will be coming in an update...you can stop. There won't be an update.

I'm more than a little bummed. This is actually a fun game, and I don't want to play it on my Android. Boo. Oh well. Onto better things, I guess.

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 8:49:40 AM PST

haav78
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by haav78 on Jul 18, 14 10:09 AM
I was so frustrated with the window options and bathroom sinks. And then I started thinking "outside the box" . I use the large mirror, for 8000 as windows, and some of the kitchen sinks that are not split in two as bathroom sinks. Lots more fun.

Plus I now plan to stop thinking of the houses as homes (I'll just IGNORE the peeps walking around) and start making them into different places. The open floor plan house I plan to make into a restaurant. Another I'll try to make into a kiddy wonderland, with differnt play rooms and some area for the parents to have some coffee and chat.

I would sure like some some more items but untill they arrive I'll just plan to be creative

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 1:54:00 PM PST

Go to: