Nobody else travel sick?

[Post New]by suebrick on Mar 15, 09 4:34 PM
This is the first game for years that triggered my travel sickness, but I had to give up after 30 mins or so - otherwise I'd have needed a bucket by the desk

Shame, as it had some interesting puzzles, but there was just too many swoops up and down the stairs for me . . .

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Nobody else travel sick?

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 15, 09 5:10 PM
I haven't had any motion sickness from the game and I have played it twice - but I have seen many other people stating they felt sick or got headaches.which is a shame as it is such a lovely game

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 15, 09 5:44 PM
It made me queasy. That is why I didn't buy it. I think it should have been done like the travelogue games so you could control the speed of the spinning. It could have been a good game but the fast spinning cost them sales.IMO

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Mar 16, 09 9:38 PM
If you have any type of vertigo or are prone to motion sickness then I would definately NOT recommend this game. The spinning is too fast and did kick in nausea for me. Also if you have any type of seizure disorder DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME as it can trigger one. Too bad it spins the way it does; could have been a great game except for this!

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Mar 17, 09 6:25 AM
Twenty minutes into the game, I had to shut down and then I uninstalled. I was sick as a dog. It's a real shame because the game is fun and very interesting but I don't care to be sea sick while trying to have fun.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 17, 09 7:04 AM
Count me iin the group that had to close their eyes when changing locations. I still bought it and enjoyed playing.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Mar 17, 09 7:21 AM
At first I loved the graphics, then I started feeling sick and thought it was an undeserved hangover kicking in . Then I realised that closing my eyes during the transition bit made me feel better, then I stopped playing. Took me an hour or so to recover! I used to laugh at my Dad getting vertigo off the TV, guess I'm not laughing now! Well I am. But you know what I mean. I hope.
Shame, was a good game otherwise.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 17, 09 7:32 AM
Same here with needing to close my eyes during the transitions, and I don't have motion sickness in my real life. Then again, I don't often drive my car the way this game moved.

seguincat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by seguincat on Mar 17, 09 2:57 PM
Another new fish in the pond. When I watch my son play video games I get real bad vertigo, no so while playing this game. Having a blast playing but also having some trouble finding pieces of the pitcher. Any help greatly appreciated

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Mar 17, 09 4:53 PM
tried the game but made me . felt like that after playing the demo even trying to look away from screen when moving to new room. would have been a fun game, just gave me a headache,\.
for those who can play, enjoy

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Mar 18, 09 12:19 PM
Got quite a rush from the quick movement but fortunately, didn't make me sick, just a slight dizziness. I was kind of glad that it moved fast though, so that you didn't have to wait forever to change screens.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 10, 09 5:15 AM
The scene where the prince is tied up and blade coming down and Annabel has to rescue him, moving back and forth where I needed to go made me very sick. I closed my eyes and it helped. However like someone else said the movement going up and down stairs so rapidly did make me feel sick for at least an hour after I closed down the game. The movement otherwise moving left and right was great. I would like to see a sequel to Annabel, only one suggestion please game designers put a skip for the puzzles please and have mercy on those of us who suffer vertigo.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Sep 10, 09 5:17 AM
Yes, had exactly the same reaction.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 22, 10 7:21 AM
glad I found this thread, was thinking of trying this game, not going to now as I'm very very prone to motion sickness from games.

Thanks for the heads up folks.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jul 4, 10 7:21 PM
Yes I felt travel sick as well but I closed my eyes or looked down to stop it and enjoyed the game none the less.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 8, 10 4:32 AM
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/48656.page

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 8, 10 9:56 AM
I found the way they changed directions fascinating, and well done, artistically - much better than a 360 degree game! Didn't make my eyes hurt at all, which the 360's do.

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Jul 8, 10 10:52 AM
Yep, I too get sick while playing this game. It's a shame, too, because it's a great game, but I haven't been able to finish it. I will have to try some of the suggestions the others posted here.

Funny...I'm not prone to motion sickness at all except when I play these games. I suspect it has to do with the peripheral vision--if the movement encompasses that (like when you are on a boat or in a car) then I don't get sick, but when the motion is only straight ahead but not on the sides, I think the discrepancy is what is making me sick.

It's an interesting phenomenon, and it would be interesting to hear what someone who knows more about motion sickness has to say on the subject.

Go to: