uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

The oiler (lost?)

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 8, 14 8:14 PM
Hello dear fishies, I think I owned the oiler. Used it elsewhere. And now I have no oiler for the ladder. The broken window is closed. And the hint system is useless. Always from one point to the other. Again and again. Would you please help me? Thank you so much. I really would play this lovely game. Happy gaming

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:The oiler (lost?)

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jan 8, 14 8:35 PM
Hi uwflossi:

SPOILER ALERT:

SPOILER ALERT

You get the Oiler and the Metal Bar in the Cellar of the building with the sick man (not the Alchemist building). Go to the Window, the Oiler is on the upper right and the Metal Bar is on the left.

There is only one place to use the Oiler and that is on the ladder....so I don't think you had to oiler.

I hope this helps you.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 8, 14 9:04 PM
Thank you so much jcsgame for your quick response. Yes, I am in the room near the sick old man. The broken wall is closed. I can not zoom in. I am almost sure I picked it up in the wall. But it is vanished.
I own:
nephrite and azurite powder, bowl, gloves, pouch with herbs, decipher and pick locks. I am really stuck. Do you have another hint for me? Thank you. Happy gaming

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jan 9, 14 7:52 AM
Hi uwflossi:

Go into the Cellar and try the "HINT" button, see if that will get you over to the Window.

Other things to do in the Cellar:
While in the Cellar, there is a bottle, click on it ti uncork it, place the Test Tube next to the bottle and get Regent.
After you treat the ladder with the oil, click on the top of the Bookshelf, click the snake sections 2x, place the Bowl, click the snake sections again and click the book to open....take the Recipe.
Click on the wall section, left of the Window, needs a Control Panel.
Click on the Books below the Window , need paint to read pages.
Click on the right bookcase, need Tablets

I know different people have mentioned that if you don't pick up both the Oiler and the Metal Bar, from the Window at the same time, you cannot go back and get the one you missed.

My only idea is to try and use the HINT button and see if that will get you to the Window. If that doesn't work, you will need to start the game over and the next time through, go to the Cellar Window 1st and take the Oiler and the Metal Bar.

At present, you are about 1/3 of the way through the game, so you haven't lost to much.

I haven't read about anyother problems such as this WINDOW picky one, so the rest of the game is "glitch" free.

Edited on 01/09/2014 at 8:07:42 AM PST

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 9, 14 10:59 AM
Hello jcsgame, thank you so much for your considerably hint. I will do what you suggested. I think I will replay the game. As you wrote there is not much lost. Thank you so much again. Happy gaming

Go to: