DGA1961
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

CONCLUSION

[Post New]by DGA1961 on Jan 9, 14 3:41 PM
I have finished the Conclusion level, in probably double the allotted time about 4 times now!
I've watched 2 youtube videos of people playing it. I STILL can't figure it out! What I end up doing is standing around and standing around and standing around waiting for enough resources to build something, so that I can have enough resources to build something else!
From the youtube videos, I've gotten the concept that the production buildings need to be as close as possible to the base camp or a warehouse. But keeping the production up to speed is impossible! As soon as I have a few resources, a building becomes inefficient and stops production, so I have to use everything I have to fix it... and so on and so on and so on.
What am I missing to finish this level on time? HELP

Wolverine257
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:CONCLUSION

[Post New]by Wolverine257 on Jan 11, 14 9:19 AM
This is the only level where you really have to bounce back and forth between two areas just to get setup. The limited land and odd configuration in the island chain makes things pretty difficult.

The best tip is to focus on food and wood first, and then work on expanding the board and getting other resources. You should get two gardens at 3-star, 2 sawmills at 2-star, and the bridge from the camp island built before worrying about repairing any totems or other bridges. When you get to the 2nd area, get the farm, fishery and forester going as soon as you can; once you do that, you normally don't have to wait too long for materials.

I've never been able to complete this level in Expert Time without building a Cobbler and Workshop fairly early and then getting them fully upgraded. Otherwise it just takes too long for everyone to cross over the bridges and fords and long distances.

[Post New]by PawPawslilPixie on Jan 15, 14 5:27 PM
Thanks Wolverine for the suggestions. I got all the way through everything by trial and error all by my little lonesome and was proud of myself for not using any hints from others and got to this and kept taking at least twice as long if not more to finish it. Came looking for a hint or two and found your suggestion then smacked myself in the head because I was forgetting to build the cobbler and workshop. Although I didn't get it on the first run through I got it with a whole three minutes to spare. The other suggestions you had I was already doing but those shops make a ton of difference in the speed of the workers!

Overall I have to say I am proud with how well I did on this one. I love these type of games but get so frustrated because I usually have to rely on walkthroughs and such after I get to higher levels. I have to say at those times some of ya'll are a God send for me. lol

[Post New]by magsofoz on Feb 7, 14 4:33 PM
I didn't get a cobblers or workshop in my list of buildings in the Conclusion game. How do I get them?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Feb 8, 14 3:49 AM
Hi - they should be on the 2nd page - click on the arrow at the bottom of the buildings screen.

Hammhocks
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Hammhocks on May 16, 14 3:02 PM
Wolverine257 wrote:The best tip is to focus on food and wood first, and then work on expanding the board and getting other resources. You should get two gardens at 3-star, 2 sawmills at 2-star, and the bridge from the camp island built before worrying about repairing any totems or other bridges.

Thanks, Wolverine257!!! This particular tip made ALL the difference for me. I can't believe I didn't figure it out on my own though. Makes so much sense... now that I've been told.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 27, 14 9:37 PM
I played this game to the end when it first came out. No problem with the conclusion at all. Won Done. Decided to play it again and had forgotten a lot of it.
I am 77 yrs old. Got to the conclusion with no trouble, had to stop a couple of times and have all but one of the gems to put in the machine thing. I have a purple bag on my person and have not been able to free a gem at the front part of the cave and of course I do not have the staff. I can not figure out how I won before nor can I remember what I did. I keep returning to the island and have so darn much stuff now so I know I am going on and on and not getting whatever I need to do. Do I make sense? If so, should I start this final bonus chapter over?

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 27, 14 11:42 PM
Okay, I finished it and got the gold skull, I just had to repeat the last chapter again and it came back to me. I was missing a stone at the cave the first time and nothing seemed to work then. Great game! I too would like to see some more of the series or at least something similar by these developers. I would be lost if I played with a timer though. I like the option of a relaxed mode.

Go to: