enfieldlady
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

emerald key

[Post New]by enfieldlady on Jan 9, 14 4:28 PM
Am on level 9, but can't seem to get the troll to give me the emerald key. Can anyone help

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

Re:emerald key

[Post New]by IKacey on Jan 9, 14 8:26 PM
I takes a while and you just have to keep doing tasks for him and finally he gives it up. An annoying little bert but then he is a troll!

enfieldlady
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by enfieldlady on Jan 10, 14 3:17 AM
The troll doesn't have any more chores for me to do, yet I still haven't got the emerald key

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 11, 14 2:33 AM
I can't remember now where that key should go to. But... do you have an object at the right (just left of your Inventory tab) to which the keys are added, and when you click on the object, you get into that scene and you have to put that key into a lock?

I can't even remember any key to be honest, but it's not something you would need to craft something with, so I am wondering if it went into where I said.

I don't know whether this helps, but just in case it does...

Edited to reformulate a couple of things.

Edited on 01/11/2014 at 4:34:46 AM PST

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jan 11, 14 2:59 PM
stranded wrote:Thanks for reply, but still no better off think i will be deleting this game, no point in playing if you cant go any farther, tried everything

I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but the key should be sitting right beside the key ring (after you earned it, of course). You just need to click on it and attach it to the keyring. It doesn't go into inventory.

Valdy, early in the game there is a keyring (before the red book) and several keys of different colors have to be found to go to the next level.

Audrey

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 11, 14 4:26 PM
Oh yes, I remember now that you mention it. Thank you, Audreyfavre.

I am quite a bit further into the game now, and simply forgot about the keys.

[Post New]by ceacie on Jan 24, 14 8:52 AM
Where does it come from? The troll and all the others have no more tasks for me but no emerald key. I am so frustrated, please tell me how to get it.

nanasue12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nanasue12 on Jan 24, 14 1:29 PM
I have clicked on the key ring. I have all of the keys except the emerald one. I have completed all of the tasks for the troll. He now says that he has to go back under his rock. The raven's quest last task is to attach all of the keys to the key ring. Please someone tell me how I can specifically solve this problem!

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on Jan 25, 14 9:15 AM
Go see the Chamberlain in the room next to the prince.

nanasue12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nanasue12 on Jan 25, 14 1:14 PM
THANK YOU! I was SO frustrated! I really appreciate your help!

[Post New]by chrisp3va on Apr 18, 14 11:41 AM
I can find the troll, the prince and the woman and the shopkeeper but not the chamberlain. I completed the tasks he had for me and then he sent me to the troll. I also am missing the emerald key. suggestions?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Apr 18, 14 12:44 PM
The Chamberlain is an old guy located in the throne room. To get there you have to unlock the area between the Knight (guy with a rose) and the Fortune Wheel. To unlock it you need a Smoking Device (looks like an elephant crossed with a pipe) and 500 coins. The Smoking Device is a reward that Anabel (the woman) gives you for completing her quests. If you sold/gave away the Smoking Device you can craft a new one from the crafting screen. You may want to add the components to make one to your wishlist to get help from friends.

Good Luck!

Edited on 04/18/2014 at 12:45:48 PM PST

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Apr 18, 14 1:12 PM
If you need the smoking device PM me.

[Post New]by Tamaraincalif on Jun 14, 14 7:09 PM
I cannot find the emerald key either. The bird shows that I'm all done with the key quests. I have found the guy you call the chamberlain but he doesn't give me an emerald key. So frustrated.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Jun 14, 14 7:13 PM
Tamaraincalif, this is actually a very common complaint. You need to do the quests from the Lord Chamberlain (old guy) in the Throne Room. His quests don't show up with Prof. Pinfeathers for some reason. He will give you the emerald key when you finish all of them.

For more information about the game and the quests, Check out the "Helpful Links for Midnight Castle" thread at the top of this forum. Then click on the Midnight Castle Strategy Guide.

[Post New]by Tamaraincalif on Jun 14, 14 7:17 PM
Thanks. I finally got to the right quest. It's very deceiving since the bird makes it sound like you are done. Thanks again.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Jun 14, 14 7:21 PM
Your welcome. Like I said its a common problem that the Lord Chamberlain's quests don't list with the Crow. It's one of the most common questions for new players. I'm glad your problem was something so easy to solve. Good Luck!

Go to: