gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Great Game!

[Post New]by gameslvr on Mar 15, 09 5:41 PM
BF did it again! This was a really interesting game that just grabbed you and didn't let go. The end did seem like they didn't know how to end it and so they just said oh, well. That's the end. I enjoyed the puzzles up until near the end when the locks got to me and I ust had to skip them. But this game was quite different and lots of fun!

Re:Great Game!

[Post New]by roseyd on Mar 15, 09 6:44 PM
Absolutely loved it! I can't play the point & click (large file adventure) games, not smart enough. So this is as close as I'll ever get & it was Great!! Love HO's, me & my magnifier have got it going on! Was lousy on the mini games where you had to put the numbers in the right sequence, but that's ok, at least I could skip. The clues gave you directions but some of it you still had to figure out on your own. I'm not finished yet so I don't know the ending. Whatever it is I hope more people are Lost in the City for a sequel!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 16, 09 12:38 PM
I played the demo, and LOVED the storyline. Very "noir". It really reminded me of the little games like "Crimson Room", but was MUCH easier than those. Much TOO easy, in fact.

I wish there was some way to turn off some of the in game instructions, but then, you can't just click around. The game would have been much better IMHO, if there was unlimited clicking, and only the note and the goals to guide you. I hated the popups that told you what to do. Even better if the goals were hidden, and you could access them by clicking for "hints".

I guess this is good for people like the previous poster who don't like LFs, but for me, it was really disappointing. I may end up buying it just to get to read the story, but maybe I'll just find a free walkthrough, LOL. I like HARD puzzles that will keep me busy for DAYS, not minutes. I love that AHA moment you get after wandering around in the game and finally figure it out! (Dang, I need to play the Myst series again. It's been long enough I've forgotten most of the puzzles. The benefit of CRS syndrome, LOL...)

Edited on 03/16/2009 at 12:39:02 PM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Mar 17, 09 11:07 AM
I love this game. At points I did pull some hair out, but, I love that!!

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Mar 17, 09 12:23 PM
I love this game. I am on Chapter 36 and I don't want the game to end. The story is very interesting, great graphic and great music. Please get more games like this one.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 17, 09 2:56 PM
Count me in on this is a Great Game!

From the beginning to the end, I was captivated to follow the story. Now I'm hooked and a sequel is necessary. *subtle hint to developer*

For my level of gaming, the game play itself was moderately easy. A couple sphere puzzles had me step away from the keyboard and then come back with fresh eye's and mind. Didn't notice a Skip option for this game. Is there one?

Anyway's, great game and would love to see more of this style developed and released at BFG.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 17, 09 4:20 PM
It's nice to see such positive feedback (even though the game tends to the easy side). I will use my credit on it, then come back later and post my opinion.

Clamboy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Clamboy on Mar 17, 09 5:02 PM
The skip button is the red SOS button lower right. Its also used as a hint button if you can't find an object.

I, too, really enjoyed this game. I found the HO aspect pretty easy, though some items are pretty small, and had little problem finishing the scenes on the timed setting, though it was touch and go a few times. I found the lock pick puzzles the most difficult of the mini game scenarios, and had to skip 1 to make time.

The storyline is indescribable, almost as silly as Haunted Hotel, but much more compelling. I stayed riveted to the end, which is as dark as any leisure game I've ever encountered.

Glad I bought it. Took about 6 hours or so in timed mode. I liked several twists on standard HO/Adventure hybrid gameplay, like the tree full of butterflies (if you haven't gotten there yet I don't want to spoil it, but it's a very nice idea!) and pretty original mini-games.

I want to see a sequel cause I want to see how the developer gets out of this one!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 19, 09 3:05 PM
How very... Russian! I loved the ending, and I don't think there will be a sequel.

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Mar 28, 09 12:04 PM
phatkhat wrote:I played the demo, and LOVED the storyline. Very "noir". It really reminded me of the little games like "Crimson Room", but was MUCH easier than those. Much TOO easy, in fact.

I wish there was some way to turn off some of the in game instructions, but then, you can't just click around. The game would have been much better IMHO, if there was unlimited clicking, and only the note and the goals to guide you. I hated the popups that told you what to do. Even better if the goals were hidden, and you could access them by clicking for "hints".

I guess this is good for people like the previous poster who don't like LFs, but for me, it was really disappointing. I may end up buying it just to get to read the story, but maybe I'll just find a free walkthrough, LOL. I like HARD puzzles that will keep me busy for DAYS, not minutes. I love that AHA moment you get after wandering around in the game and finally figure it out! (Dang, I need to play the Myst series again. It's been long enough I've forgotten most of the puzzles. The benefit of CRS syndrome, LOL...)

I have to agree about the clicking around. Even though the HO games don't like you to do that, it was always a requisite in Adventure games... Wow - I haven't thought about Myst for ages... I've been trying to beat Titan Quest for a while <g> -

Lenn83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Lenn83 on Jul 22, 09 9:50 AM
I heard about sequel! I am waiting for Lost in the City 2!!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 11, 09 9:45 PM
I too have read that a sequel is on the way.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 11, 10 8:24 AM
This game is fantastic!!

I was really drawn in and was disappointed when the trial ended. I was stuck between this one and some others when I was in the supermarket, I went for a different one but I would really consider buying this.

Some of the puzzles are a little easy, but then on the other hand some are tricky, a great mix of puzzles to work the grey cells, a compelling story and a really great game that makes you want more.

"Lost in the city" is a new drug, hook me up!!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 21, 10 6:32 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:How very... Russian! I loved the ending, and I don't think there will be a sequel.

Oh that sells it for me. I love Russian games.

I did the demo of Lost in the City some time ago and I remember I was disappointed when it ended. Today it's the DD so I'm buying it.

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on Mar 21, 10 7:51 AM
Bought this at 9.45 am this morning on DD. Just finsihed at 15.45. Off to cook breakfast! Fantastic game and story line. Forunately I am 68 and live alone now, so can spend hours on the computer if I choose.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes HOG with a little bit of difference.
Should have added - I did have two phone calls lasting over 1½ hours while I was playing.

Edited on 03/21/2010 at 7:53:35 AM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 28, 11 4:58 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:How very... Russian! I loved the ending, and I don't think there will be a sequel.

At first, I wasn't sure but then I got into the game and have just finished it and enjoyed it. If you read the VERY LAST sentence of the ending (which pops up after the picture of the 2 of them holding the sphere), I'd be rather surprised to NEVER seeing a sequel to this. I honestly think that the last sentence was a hint of more to come; I sure hope so.

MEnr56

Edited: sequel is: Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 5:10:20 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 23, 11 11:07 AM
Mr_Russ is so right -- How very Russian!!!! Chernobyl kept popping into my mind as I was playing this game. I couldn't help but wonder if it had some influence on this story.

What a wonderful game! I really like the true point-and-click adventures and this game played very much like one of those. It just had a lot more helps and hints. I played on the timed mode and was hard pressed to get through some of the scenes -- had to try more than once on 3 or 4. The last one particularly had me going for awhile.

The puzzles are a lot of the same, but they worked well in this game. The difficulty just kept growing and growing. Those darn lock-picking ones frustrated me, but I was able to complete them all. The Hidden Object aspect was unique from scenes with straight lists of things to find. You were actually looking for things that you needed. The magnifier made finding even the smallest things possible.

But the story and the atmosphere created is what made this game work so well. Loved every minute of playing it. Thanks, Elephant Games, for the great one!!!

PS: LiC #2 is sitting in the GM whispering "play me now". But I'm trying to save it for when I have the time to thoroughly enjoy it.

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 11:21:53 AM PST

Go to: